Hi everyone

We are six months into the passport launch and I was curious to know if anyone has found a place where I may be able to purchase a passport battery? Etradesupply doesn't seem to carry them, and I cannot find them on ebay. Any help would be appreciated

Thx
    Andy
    04-05-15 09:52 AM
    You shouldn't need it, also you would have to unscrew the back to change the battery thus voiding your warranty.
    Just buy a power pack and use that to charge it when your not near an outlet
    Check out here

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-exte...acks-509802431
    Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-05-15 10:38 AM
    I found it. On a Russian website... . I can't recall it at the moment but if you search my username you will find a link. It was about 150 dollars, converted to US dollars.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    04-05-15 10:50 AM
    $150 for a battery? Might want to buy the BlackBerry holster as well lol

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-05-15 10:55 AM
    Thanks for your message. I have a bad battery and need to replace it. It would begreat if they were available stateside. If anyone knows of a source, it would be really appreciated. Will they eventually become available for the us market?

Thx
    Andy
    04-05-15 11:54 AM
    Thanks for your message. I have a bad battery and need to replace it. It would begreat if they were available stateside. If anyone knows of a source, it would be really appreciated. Will they eventually become available for the us market?

Thx
    Andy
    Explain "bad battery" how do you know?
    If it's so "bad" exchange the device under warranty

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 12:12 PM
    Thank you. I am trying to source a battery. Let's stay on topic. Instead of sending the device in I was going to swap it for a new one if I could get it under 25 or 30 dollars. I'm okay opening the device up and doing it myself. I've got too much crap on my device and don't have the motivation to reinstall everything.

Thx
    Andy
    04-05-15 12:17 PM
    Thank you. I am trying to source a battery. Let's stay on topic. Instead of sending the device in I was going to swap it for a new one if I could get it under 25 or 30 dollars. I'm okay opening the device up and doing it myself. I've got too much crap on my device and don't have the motivation to reinstall everything.

Thx
    Andy
    That is on topic, you could do a backup and get a new device via warranty and then do a restore and not lose anything instead of trying to open your device and fix it yourself and possible mess up your device permanently thus costing you a lot of money. . But I still fail to see what's so wrong with your battery. It's most likely your OS, and how much you use your device

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 12:27 PM
    Battery gets very warm currently and lifespan on a charge has dropped significantly. I am a power user and find myself charging the phone continuously throughout the day to get through a workday. Ideally I'd like to get a new battery. I'm surprised they aren't available for purchase

Andy
    04-05-15 12:31 PM
    Battery gets very warm currently and lifespan on a charge has dropped significantly. I am a power user and find myself charging the phone continuously throughout the day to get through a workday. Ideally I'd like to get a new battery. I'm surprised they aren't available for purchase

Andy
    I hope you found your battery. The lack of a swappable battery is a real shortcoming, but that's my opinion and I'm not trying to start another huge thread in the topic.

Your battery getting warm is symptomatic of a problem with your OS or some app that is consuming large amounts of power.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    Trauma Surgeon and hlg8888 like this.
    04-28-15 12:52 PM
    Call this guy, he can get you one.
    where to purchase spare battery?-img_20150321_162039.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 06:33 PM
    I have this, and it's a beast..15,000mAh and has a 2.1A and 2.4A ports. Charges fast. http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE...UvbUpU11598471
    04-28-15 06:44 PM
    Nice find; cheap. I wish I could just glue it on the back of my Passport.
    04-29-15 12:55 PM
    If you find your battery heating up a lot then no amount of external battery is gonna help you. Maybe it's an OS related prblem. What OS are you on? Or maybe you have a defective unit. But don't try to fix it yourself because replacing a battery is no easy deal. Plus, the battery you purchase off some random guy on the Internet probably isn't going to work no matter how many people vow for it let alone when no one has ever attempt doing that before.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2576
    04-29-15 03:26 PM
    My battery got destroyed when I let someone try to change my screen. So yes a replacement battery is needed sometimes and not just a battery pack. The phone was less than two months old when it happened and now just sits in a box in several pieces.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:21 PM