Hi guys,
    i'm sitting here reloading the software on my Z10 for the second time in a few months and again i've lost a lot of stuff.
    I have backed up, and used backup apps, but not all apps store the data where it's available to backup. And last time the backup on BlackBerry Link was useless as it wouldn't restore.

Optus have advised that i can now upgrade our phones, but on the phone they say they do not sell any BlackBerrys. They said they get quite a few calls asking for the Passport, but even with the interest they refuse to sell any BlackBerrys.
    I'm aware that some Optus shops stock the Passport, but all i have tried claim they have never heard of it and do not sell any BlackBerrys.

I am in the Northern suburbs (Craigieburn)
    Can someone here direct me to an Optus shop that does sell the Passport and aren't rude about it?

Cheers
    Steven
    08-20-15 03:20 AM
    After my recent experience with Optus and a warranty issue with my Passport, I would be extremely reluctant to buy from them again even if they did have it in stock.

I'm in the same boat - trying to find somewhere to buy a Passport to replace my first one, but ShopBlackBerry.com nor Amazon ship here. However BHPhoto have the PP in stock: $499 USD plus shipping to Australia. I've bought many things from them and found them to be excellent.

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    08-20-15 03:25 AM
    Thanks int19,

unfortunately i'm not able to buy outright as i've injured myself and am having trouble with Workcover, so can only go for the contract. currently i'm on a business plan as i used to have a small business and still have the ABN even though the business is long gone. It helps as with 2 phones my wife and i can talk for free and unlimited.

$499 is an excellent price considering the local price. I've heard local it's in the $800's mark.

I think if no one here knows, or those who know don't see this thread, then i may sit on the phone and start the ring around. I've already threatened to leave Optus if they can't supply a couple Passports, but they didn't budge. Maybe a shop might be more helpful lol.

Cheers
    Steven
    08-20-15 03:48 AM
    Guys, if you do want to purchase outright, try topbuy.com.au they have black and whit for $578.95 and red for $590.65 + shipping ($26.00 fixed). I ordered mine from them and it was delivered in four days. Highly recommended.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    Stevendon likes this.
    08-20-15 04:42 AM
    Also have you tried Optus business stores? From what I've heard, you need to order it in. Get them to check on their system. Failing that try Telstra, they may have it

Stevendon likes this.
    08-20-15 04:44 AM
    Telstra don't have the Passport, only the Classic, sadly. I did not buy from Optus out of choice, just necessity!

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    08-20-15 04:56 AM
    Sadly we can't afford to buy outright at the moment.

last time i got our phones we did it over the phone with the business sales mob in Optus.
    This time they said the one sales rep does business and retail. All of the people i spoke to today were Filipinos, so i'm assuming they were from the same call centre.
    Last time the business sales were located in Perth.

The only shop i've been to was in Roxburgh Park, but i'll do some looking around and hope i find one who is honest enough to admit they have some in stock.

I know someone was saying in one of the forums that they had trouble finding an Optus shop who sells them, but when he did, they had a few out back.
    I'm thinking it wasn't in the forum, but in one of the posts in the comments section.
    i haven't installed any apps on my phone yet, but Crackberry will be one of the first as right now i'm on my PC and it looks different.
    I'm thinking the person's user name was something like Whatsapp or similar. when i've installed Crackberry i'm sure i'll see him as he comments a lot.

Cheers
    08-20-15 05:00 AM
    Guys, we have an Australian BBM group if you're interested

Stevendon likes this.
    08-20-15 06:19 AM
    Sadly we can't afford to buy outright at the moment.

last time i got our phones we did it over the phone with the business sales mob in Optus.
    This time they said the one sales rep does business and retail. All of the people i spoke to today were Filipinos, so i'm assuming they were from the same call centre.
    Last time the business sales were located in Perth.

The only shop i've been to was in Roxburgh Park, but i'll do some looking around and hope i find one who is honest enough to admit they have some in stock.

I know someone was saying in one of the forums that they had trouble finding an Optus shop who sells them, but when he did, they had a few out back.
    I'm thinking it wasn't in the forum, but in one of the posts in the comments section.
    i haven't installed any apps on my phone yet, but Crackberry will be one of the first as right now i'm on my PC and it looks different.
    I'm thinking the person's user name was something like Whatsapp or similar. when i've installed Crackberry i'm sure i'll see him as he comments a lot.

Cheers
    He is in our BBM group! Send me your pin and I'll invite you

Stevendon likes this.
    08-20-15 06:21 AM
    Cheers, i just saw I got a private and will reply in a few minutes. I'm just about to make my wife a cuppa ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my  BlackBerry Z10  smartphone.
    08-20-15 06:33 AM
    Unfortunately you will have a lot of trouble, getting one through Optus mate. I live in SE suburbs of Melbourne, and it was a struggle to find a store that stocked them in February.
    Last month I had to return the phone, because of the dreaded screen lifting issue. In defence of Optus, they have been friendly and seemingly helpful. Unfortunately, still waiting on a replacement phone as they are finding it difficult to source a phone. I wish you luck though, and would love to see you get one.
    It has been the best phone I have used, and I have used a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    08-21-15 07:33 AM
    You wouldn't mind sharing the name of the store you bought it from, would you? Given the issues I've had returning mine, I'm wondering if sending it to another store that's more sympathetic to my plight to have it processed might be a good way to go?

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    08-21-15 07:37 AM
    No worries, it was the Optus store on the top level of Fountain Gate Shopping Centre. The staff their have been extremely helpful and sympathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Stevendon likes this.
    08-21-15 07:47 AM
    Excellent, thanks.

I'm finding it strange how the Australian distributor/official seller is refusing to sell or support the Passport.
    I'm wondering if they are getting kick backs from the competitor or something.
    08-21-15 08:38 AM
    G'day mate

I found once the passport on Optus store on Corner of Bourke St and Swanston St, next to Vodafone. While I found the phone on stock, I did not find the staff particularly friendly.

Regards and good shopping.
    Also, I get my phones from Ebay if welcome to move suggestions.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    08-21-15 09:50 AM
    I've finally bought myself a Passport...
    I rang almost every Optus store without any joy. Some were very supportive, yet most weren't. The few supportive ones said how popular the Passport was and how quickly it sold out. A couple even said they wish they could continue selling the Passport and other BlackBerry phones, but Optus in their wisdom had stopped selling BlackBerry altogether.
    Some of the unhelpful stores were quite rude which made me want to say goodbye to Optus and I would have if there was any decent competition. Helstra will never get my business. Vodacrap also aren't getting my business. And anything else are resellers.

I had to bite the bullet and buy a phone outright.
    Thankfully I was directed to topbuy.com.au who had the best prices I could find. Ebay were cheapish, but more than topbuy.com.au by up to $100.
    Shops were much more expensive. No shops offered plans for telcos, so that took their attractiveness away.

Anyway, I'm sitting here typing away on my Passport and am very happy

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-04-15 09:22 AM
    So happy to see another Melbournite Passport user. Very exclusive club, we are haha. Glad you are happy with it too mate.

Posted from my very hip, and very square BlackBerry Passport
    10-05-15 06:22 AM
    Cheers...
    I've gotten used to it mostly lol.
    I do miss turning on it's side and getting wide screen though.
    I know I'm used to it as when I get my wife's z10 in my hands it feels so small.
    The formatting in some apps suck as I have to change the font size to 6 so they show everything even though on the Z10 they formatted perfectly
    Otherwise it's great

Posted via CB10 from*my*‎*BlackBerry Passport* smartphone.‎
    10-31-15 08:03 AM