I have to move off of BlackBerry 10 platform now because no matter how good it was and still is, I realize that it is not enough to keep me chugging along the day anymore. I have a BlackBerry Passport and a Z30 and now when I look at the phones that are coming out now they are all so unblackberry like.

I cant afford keyone and even if I could its not yet available in india.

Dtek50/60 arent even real BlackBerry... they are just glass slabs with lifetime free access to blackberry hub, dtek app and other apps in the google playstore that anyone can download and pay for and their phones would be as good as a BlackBerry.

Priv- priv is a dtek50 with a keyboard.

Iam not able to find a phone as good as these BlackBerry 10 phones.... they are different and they were the best for what they did...not like android phones which are like

"No matter where you go you are going to get the same slab of glass that just opens youtube faster or slower depending on how much u pay"

Do any of you know of any worthy substitute to BlackBerry 10 phones... what about lumia 1520 on windows 10?

Posted via CB10
    First off, making the change to a new OS isn't easy. When I moved from BBOS7 to BB10, I hated it and wanted to smash my Q10 into a million pieces and go back to my 9900. That was 4 years ago. I did what many -holics do when kicking a habit, I put my habit (9900) where I couldn't easily get to it. This forced me to learn BB10 which sucked at time. It was 30 days just to get used to new OS flow. It wasn't until 10.2.1 that many of my old BBOS7 qualities were replicated into BB10. Perfect? No. Better than going back to antiquated OS for all my needs? Yes.

Since 2009-2010, I've had cheap Android type devices. I started carrying one as secondary device but eventually went to a Flagship by time of BB10 introduction. Basically, I was learning to use Android for daily tasks at same time learning BB10. I learned to carry two regular flagship devices (Android/BB10) for approximately two years.

BB10 operation is similar to Android in so many ways because of APP compatibility of Android onto BB10 devices. Still, there is a difference in user experience between Android/BB10 in terms of flow, not which is better, just which is one used to.

I have the PRIV and DTEK50. When I got the PRIV, I put away the Passport, where I couldn't get to it easily like before. Now, this move was a lot easier for two reasons. One, I already had android phone. Two, BlackBerry had made similarities with BB10 to it's version of Android, like a reverse porting of apps to Android from BB10. Waiting for my PRIV to have Android version OS from 5 to 6 was like waiting for 10.2.1 for device software enhancements.

Anyway, the marriage between Android/Blackberry has been such, I don't really need two devices anymore. My PRIV became a BB10 like device with all the apps I wanted from the beginning. Second device for me could be flip phone since I only use it for second number for my other business. I had to upgrade to cheap android just for texting. VKB is better than flip phone (duh) for texting. Cheap android phone kept freezing up like old days (2009-2013). I went and bought DTEK50 because it was better than other Androids for same money. I don't mean specs. I mean for the money I paid, I still get a more fluid user experience like BB10 than stock Android.

PRIVS and DTEK50S are cheap now. Pick one and force yourself to use it for 30-60 days. Take your time and set it up as close as possible to your Passport or Z30. You're going to have to do it sooner or later. It feels better when you feel like it's your choice instead of forced on you.

Sidenote.....

My wife used a Lumia1520 for over 3 years when her last Palm OS mobile died. Recently she moved to Android Flagship, not BlackBerry, since WP is missing too much ecosystem for now.

Our kids have iPhone 5,6 and 7. Oldest passes down to next in line, LOL. For monitoring purposes, we know our way around IOS and don't like it as much, compared to Android, but maybe that's just us.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    bilkaj likes this.
    05-02-17 10:13 AM
    Exactly, they all knew that blackberry had what it takes to be monopoly... it was that badass...

So they all killed a competitor common among themselves.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, I think we are done here.

My guess is that you have to visit your carrier and get what works best for you (even though you asked about other glass slabs).

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 10:13 AM
    Some might say you are going strait to hell...

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    05-02-17 11:54 AM
    You either go with a Priv, save for the Keyone, or simply go to sleep. If you're not getting a Blackberry with Android, then according to your needs you should just stay with BB10 or go with BBOS7 which are real Blackberrys lol. Consider a Windows phone at this point is hilarious. If you don't want Android then what? Just go with iPhone
    05-02-17 11:59 AM
    If he doesn't want iphone or bb10 he can go Jolla and Sony x

05-02-17 12:14 PM
    If he doesn't want iphone or bb10 he can go Jolla and Sony x

Hmmm... Last I heard, they were planning to release it some time in June.
    05-02-17 12:45 PM
    Just move on, seriously..

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 06:05 PM
    I don't got blackandro why? andro makes thrans

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    05-02-17 08:02 PM
    I don't got blackandro why? andro makes thrans

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    Thrans?
    05-02-17 08:24 PM
    Thrans?
    Maybe his Passport's keyboard is defective.
    05-02-17 08:45 PM
    I have the setup as follow: passport and a tablet.
    I picked up kindle fire hdx 3rd gen for $100 a year ago, install LinageOS 14.1 that is better than google android imo.
    Passport has google play service so it can temporary last for 2-3 more years (heck, I know someone still use non-smart phone and be okay with it)
    Any app gap problem on passport is resolved on tablet. And no social app on the phone, I like to keep it that way.
    That way I can wait for keyone's pricetag to drop really low like passport right now. Buying flagship 3 years behind is always my choice: reasonable price, and most of the bugs has been iron out. Personally, buying the latest technology is either for rich kid showing off or enthusiasts who also has money.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    craig428 likes this.
    05-02-17 09:44 PM
    To me it's silly not to use a tablet if you are consuming any media that looks better on a 7 -10 inch screen. Life without tablets is just wrong. No excuse anymore.
    05-03-17 03:10 PM
    To me it's silly not to use a tablet if you are consuming any media that looks better on a 7 -10 inch screen. Life without tablets is just wrong. No excuse anymore.
    Slugging around two devices to do the job of one is inexcusable in 2017.

DTEK60 / Z30
    05-03-17 03:26 PM
    Slugging around two devices to do the job of one is inexcusable in 2017.

DTEK60 / Z30
    Just personal preference, I would rather watch a movie on a tablet or desktop screen, and take picture with a dslr than any phone in 2017. But again, it's my own subjective view.

05-03-17 08:03 PM
    Not to forget that android central and windows central community isnt half as good at us at crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, they are VERY good. I'd get banned over there just for breathing!
    We're twice as bad. I compare it like this. They have a Golf Club and Tennis Club respectively, while we have a bowling alley!
    05-03-17 08:58 PM
    Just personal preference, I would rather watch a movie on a tablet or desktop screen, and take picture with a dslr than any phone in 2017. But again, it's my own subjective view.

When is someone gonna come out with a top notch camera that has a phone app on it????
    05-03-17 09:01 PM
    Originally Posted by conite
    Thrans?

Maybe his Passport's keyboard is defective.
    Damn Spell Check!!
    05-03-17 09:04 PM
    Actually, they are VERY good. I'd get banned over there just for breathing!
    We're twice as bad. I compare it like this. They have a Golf Club and Tennis Club respectively, while we have a bowling alley!
    Plus a strip club..
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-03-17 09:40 PM
    Plus a strip club..
    Damn bro that's messed up.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-17 10:44 PM
    Plus a strip club..
    Not exactly
    05-03-17 10:49 PM
    05-04-17 04:06 AM
    When is someone gonna come out with a top notch camera that has a phone app on it????
    Huh???
    When is someone gonna come out with a top notch calculator, clock, recorder, gps, and camera that has a phone app on it?
    Why would they? It's called specialization. People buy camera because of the image quality it produces not because it can make phone call, take note, browse web, play music.

05-04-17 05:34 PM
    Not to forget that android central and windows central community isnt half as good at us at crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    You like the chatty people, eh? I see you've also ended up with a Lumia 950 XL. Good choice.
    05-04-17 08:03 PM
    Huh???
    When is someone gonna come out with a top notch calculator, clock, recorder, gps, and camera that has a phone app on it?
    Why would they? It's called specialization. People buy camera because of the image quality it produces not because it can make phone call, take note, browse web, play music.

If you read it again, you will see Lostboy5151 meant to say that nowadays people are not dreaming enough and the camera with phone app is just an example of how demanding they should be.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-05-17 10:00 AM
    I have to move off of BlackBerry 10 platform now because no matter how good it was and still is, I realize that it is not enough to keep me chugging along the day anymore. I have a BlackBerry Passport and a Z30 and now when I look at the phones that are coming out now they are all so unblackberry like.

I cant afford keyone and even if I could its not yet available in india.

Dtek50/60 arent even real BlackBerry... they are just glass slabs with lifetime free access to blackberry hub, dtek app and other apps in the google playstore that anyone can download and pay for and their phones would be as good as a BlackBerry.

Priv- priv is a dtek50 with a keyboard.

Iam not able to find a phone as good as these BlackBerry 10 phones.... they are different and they were the best for what they did...not like android phones which are like

"No matter where you go you are going to get the same slab of glass that just opens youtube faster or slower depending on how much u pay"

Do any of you know of any worthy substitute to BlackBerry 10 phones... what about lumia 1520 on windows 10?

Posted via CB10
    Same here..i feel same like you.
    BlackBerry 10 os the amazing..if you once use it don't like another OS.
    And there are no option available better than BlackBerry Passport.
    If I think to switch to another smartphone don't like another device and smartphone like to BlackBerry Passport..
    So I decided I will stay with BlackBerry Passport when it will alive..

 BLACKBERRY |P A S S P O R T | OG| BBM 2C1E63FA
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-05-17 11:22 AM
50 12