I have to move off of BlackBerry 10 platform now because no matter how good it was and still is, I realize that it is not enough to keep me chugging along the day anymore. I have a BlackBerry Passport and a Z30 and now when I look at the phones that are coming out now they are all so unblackberry like.

I cant afford keyone and even if I could its not yet available in india.

Dtek50/60 arent even real BlackBerry... they are just glass slabs with lifetime free access to blackberry hub, dtek app and other apps in the google playstore that anyone can download and pay for and their phones would be as good as a BlackBerry.

Priv- priv is a dtek50 with a keyboard.

Iam not able to find a phone as good as these BlackBerry 10 phones.... they are different and they were the best for what they did...not like android phones which are like

"No matter where you go you are going to get the same slab of glass that just opens youtube faster or slower depending on how much u pay"

Do any of you know of any worthy substitute to BlackBerry 10 phones... what about lumia 1520 on windows 10?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 09:11 PM
    what about lumia 1520 on windows 10?
    Trading one outgoing platform for another outgoing platform. Not exactly the best option.
    john_v likes this.
    05-02-17 12:11 AM
    I recall you already move?
    05-02-17 12:40 AM
    05-02-17 12:41 AM
    I have to move off of BlackBerry 10 platform now because no matter how good it was and still is, I realize that it is not enough to keep me chugging along the day anymore. I have a BlackBerry Passport and a Z30 and now when I look at the phones that are coming out now they are all so unblackberry like.

Dtek50/60 arent even real BlackBerry... they are just glass slabs with lifetime free access to blackberry hub, dtek app and other apps in the google playstore that anyone can download and pay for and their phones would be as good as a BlackBerry.

Iam not able to find a phone as good as these BlackBerry 10 phones.... they are different and they were the best for what they did...not like android phones which are like

"No matter where you go you are going to get the same slab of glass that just opens youtube faster or slower depending on how much u pay"

Do any of you know of any worthy substitute to BlackBerry 10 phones... what about lumia 1520 on windows 10?

Posted via CB10
    with ur choices just go home and sleep. trading another fossil to another fossil is pretty stupid idea.

save money for keyone.. best option..

Posted via CB10
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    05-02-17 12:42 AM
    Busted!

Seriously, if you (OP) still prefer BB10 devices, use one as your call/sms/email/wifi hotspot device.
    For your app needs, use an Android/iOS device.
    You'll be carrying 2 devices, but at least you have the best of both worlds.
    Mrs Williams1 likes this.
    05-02-17 01:21 AM
    Busted!

Seriously, if you (OP) still prefer BB10 devices, use one as your call/sms/email/wifi hotspot device.
    For your app needs, use an Android/iOS device.
    You'll be carrying 2 devices, but at least you have the best of both worlds.
    This is exactly what I do! Passport with redmi combo :-D. Daily driver~ Passport

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 02:27 AM
    I recall you already move?

I did move from bb10 but couldnt survive 2 days without bb10... the buttons on all other os' suck... I prefer swiping around...

There is no half slide up to see time and slide back out to make the screen sleep...

There is so much missing from the other operating systems that BlackBerry 10 nailed... I sometimes feel frustrated at why BlackBerry 10 had to end up this way...

It had everything you needed to make it the best operating system... but developers killed it single handedly... it makes me sad how developers killed and operating system so good.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 04:53 AM
    Not to forget that android central and windows central community isnt half as good at us at crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 04:54 AM
    I did move from bb10 but couldnt survive 2 days without bb10... the buttons on all other os' suck... I prefer swiping around...

There is no half slide up to see time and slide back out to make the screen sleep...

There is so much missing from the other operating systems that BlackBerry 10 nailed... I sometimes feel frustrated at why BlackBerry 10 had to end up this way...

It had everything you needed to make it the best operating system... but developers killed it single handedly... it makes me sad how developers killed and operating system so good.

Posted via CB10
    Oh
    05-02-17 04:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Slide to wake just isn't the same after experiencing double tap to wake, or waving a hand (Moto), or having an always on display.
    05-02-17 05:31 AM
    I don't know where you should move but I hope that your phone doesn't end up drowning.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 05:33 AM
    I don't know where you should move but I hope that your phone doesn't end up drowning.

Posted via CB10
    Dont worry I keep my phone away from water and if I go out and it begins to rain I rush to my nearest medical shop and buy a condom... then I stretch it and slip my Z30 in... dont try with passport... it doesnt work.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 06:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Developers didn't kill it.

Being 5 years late to market, and thus not providing a compelling reason for developers to come on board killed it.
    jas1978 and mrluky60 like this.
    05-02-17 06:57 AM
    Dont worry I keep my phone away from water and if I go out and it begins to rain I rush to my nearest medical shop and buy a condom... then I stretch it and slip my Z30 in... dont try with passport... it doesnt work.

Posted via CB10
    I hope the condom isn't ribbed and lubricated.
    05-02-17 06:59 AM
    Just use a second android phone
    05-02-17 07:04 AM
    I hope the condom isn't ribbed and lubricated.
    You can remove the lube from the condom bt wiping it off... and if any gets on my z30... its easy to wipe it off the glass weave... like really easy... u dont even need a cloth... the lube literally repels the glass weave so u can wipe it off with a finger amd all of it comes off...

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    05-02-17 07:52 AM
    Developers didn't kill it.

Being 5 years late to market, and thus not providing a compelling reason for developers to come on board killed it.
    Look developers created apps for windows phone... they were late to the scene too... not as late as bbos but still late... facebook continues to support facebook, whatsapp and messenger on windows os as old as windows 8 ( facebook and messenger work on windows 7.5 too but whatsapp ended support on 1st jan... because my old lumia 510 displays a message saying so)

If these guys can support an os as old as windows 8 then why not blackberry 10?

If there was some other two os' duopoly and android and ios came when bb10 did ( lets assume android lollipop was the version android launched with and ios 8 was what ios launched with) they also wouldn't have a compelling reason for developers to come to them...

No os has a compelling reason to for developers to come to them... every os begins with a zero user base...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 07:55 AM
    Look developers created apps for windows phone... they were late to the scene too... not as late as bbos but still late... facebook continues to support facebook, whatsapp and messenger on windows os as old as windows 8 ( facebook and messenger work on windows 7.5 too but whatsapp ended support on 1st jan... because my old lumia 510 displays a message saying so)

If these guys can support an os as old as windows 8 then why not blackberry 10?

If there was some other two os' duopoly and android and ios came when bb10 did ( lets assume android lollipop was the version android launched with and ios 8 was what ios launched with) they also wouldn't have a compelling reason for developers to come to them...

No os has a compelling reason to for developers to come to them... every os begins with a zero user base...

Posted via CB10
    Developers are starting to pull support for Windows phones as well.

Really, a condom? How about a plastic bag?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 08:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Your version of events would require us all to believe that there was a massive coordinated conspiracy of big and small independent developers around the world to shun BB10.

I, on the other hand, suggest it was all simple economics.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-02-17 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what you are looking for OP. Honestly, I'm still on BB10 and still find that it suits my needs well enough to hold on a bit longer. The KEYone is probably the best phone I could imagine moving onto from here and, while I agree that it isn't cheap, it is priced fair for what it is. Without any doubt, the price will drop by the end of the year and it will be a bargain with specs that are still very adequate for anything I will need it to do.

If you NEED to move on from your Passport / Z30 right now and can't afford the KEYone, then you are definitely going to have to make some compromises in what you are after. If you can wait for the KEYone to drop in price once it is more widely available and has sold in considerable volumes, then you will have a phone to upgrade to that won't likely disappoint. But then there is a bit of a 'wait' for that. However, by many sentiments around here, that device should be #worththewait .

I'd suggest being patient and trying to delay your gratification. You'll be happier for it in the long run.
    05-02-17 08:17 AM

nuice one busted hahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 09:29 AM
    I'm in the same boat and considering a Sailfish phone.
    05-02-17 09:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    This, OP. And you don't need to go anywhere.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-02-17 09:52 AM
    Your version of events would require us all to believe that there was a massive coordinated conspiracy of big and small independent developers around the world to shun BB10.

I, on the other hand, suggest it was all simple economics.
    Exactly, they all knew that blackberry had what it takes to be monopoly... it was that badass...

So they all killed a competitor common among themselves.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 10:10 AM
50 12