Hi all,

I was given a prototype Passport last year for testing by someone who has now left Blackberry, it has an IMEI beginning with 0044. I've changed networks and found out it is SIM locked. I've tried a couple of unlocking places but to no avail, none of them have the IMEI in their database.

Is there anyone who can help me unlock it?

Thanks!
    02-01-16 06:51 AM
    If you offer to return it to BlackBerry they MIGHT replace it with a current unlocked device. HOWEVER those devices are given out as "property of BlackBerry" and are subject to recall or deactivation at any time. Should they choose they can blacklist the IMEI. (although often they don't)
    As protypes were never meant to be "out in the world".....
    02-01-16 08:03 AM
    If you offer to return it to BlackBerry they MIGHT replace it with a current unlocked device. HOWEVER those devices are given out as "property of BlackBerry" and are subject to recall or deactivation at any time. Should they choose they can blacklist the IMEI. (although often they don't)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-01-16 08:06 AM
    Really? I have a "Not for sale" Classic, with the IMEI starts with 0044 as well.
    Perhaps I should give it a try to see if I can place a call with that.
    02-02-16 12:02 AM
    I acquired an 0044 Z10 and somewhere along the line it got PIN locked....aka paper weight. It was likely stolen or from an ex BlackBerry employee. If it's PIN locked, strip the parts out that can be used to repair another passport. The motherboard is effectively useless.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 02:00 PM