i really desperate to get my sim card slot replaced
    05-19-15 11:41 AM
    OK, let me say this:

a) I upgraded my Bberry 9780 to a Z30
    b) The 9780 uses a full-size sim; Z30 uses mini-sim
    c) I had to buy the new mini-sim
    d) T-Mobile and Best Buy both sell a mini-sim to full-size adapter piece
    e) in order to use my 9780 occasionally I had to put the mini-sim back into the 9780. The active sim was the mini-sim, , and I needed an adapter 'sleeve'

maybe (?) that mini-sim to full-size adapter piece could serve a paste-it-together solution?

Once it is in place, it does not move, so it may work for you

Delbert
    Muchammad Yulad likes this.
    05-19-15 01:25 PM
    UK, a few services listed on ebay for blackberry passport sim tray replacement

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 10:55 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is using nano SIM card i.e. the smallest SIM card size. To use nano SIM card to a device requiring micro SIM card, you can use adaptor to make it fitted to micro SIM card slot. And so it goes with the regular SIM card.

But if you are referring to the device SIM card slot i.e. where you are inserting the SIM card, I'm afraid that even you find seller selling this part, you will be needing proper tool and knowledge to remove the one fitted to your Passport and replace it without further damaging your Passport.

It is better to send your precious Passport to BlackBerry authorised service centre and let them do the job for you - even you pay more, at least, the assurance that it will be properly fixed is there... on the other hand, it is your device and your money, so it is still up to you...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 11:25 PM
    How do you jack up a nano-sim slot? Its not like you can put an adapter into it.
    05-20-15 12:36 AM
    The SIM card slot is probably welded to the device PCB. You need to unwelded it from PCB to install the new SIM card slot. Again, you must have proper tools and knowledge to do this without further damaging to your unit...

Most (if not all) carriers now are issuing SIM card already cut into 3 sizes i.e. the normal, micro and nano sizes. You need only to 'pop-up' the SIM card to your desired size...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:59 AM
    I have to ask the phone service out let whether It can be replaced the different type of slot,because the passport is using nano sim card.Actually I need to find new nano sim card slot,but up to now I cant find,even when I brought to official blackberry office in Qatar where I live,they said up to now they don't it,instead of asking to replace full back body phone which cost almost 70 % from new one.
    05-20-15 09:29 AM
    I have checked it ,charge fee is 55 pounds,but since I live in Doha,Qatar then delivery fee will be high I guess.so instead of servicing there then I consider to buy nano sim card spare part,but up to now I can not find the shop that selling it.
    05-20-15 09:43 AM
    I went to the authorised service centre here in Qatar,but they said up to now they still do not have its nano sim slot spare,instead of giving suggestion to replace a half of phone body which cost almost 75 % price of new one.
    05-20-15 09:48 AM
    If I can buy this blackberry passport sim card slot tray ,then I can bring it to the shop that they can fix it.But still up to now nobody can answer me where the shops that selling this item.big cry...
    05-20-15 09:53 AM
    If I can buy this blackberry passport sim card slot tray ,then I can bring it to the shop that they can fix it.But still up to now nobody can answer me where the shops that selling this item.big cry...
    BLACKBERRY PASSPORT SQW100-1 SIM CARD READER CONNECTOR INTERNAL NANO GENUINE | eBay
    ask seller if he can ship part to Qatar. 26 for part, 8 postage. so 35 which is rougly 200 Qatari Rial.
    05-20-15 12:01 PM
    I have just finished to order it in uk ebay,as per your suggestion.It mentions worldwide delivery,hopefully soon it will reach in qatar.Many thank to you all.
    05-20-15 04:05 PM
    So, how did you brake the sim card tray? (Just for curiosity)

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 04:26 PM