2022 WW3 begins over the fans of different phone makers

Sent from my Passport
    12-27-15 01:19 AM
    2020 apple begins to see significant declines in sales

2021 Steve Jobs rises from the dead to save his company once more

2022 WW3 begins over the fans of different phone makers

Sent from my Passport
    2021 - President Trump deports Steve Jobs to Syria
    Adam Kowalczyk1 and scorepion like this.
    12-27-15 10:23 AM
    This is the most ridiculous post ever. By mid 2019 BB will be a distant memory. There wont even be 10 million Privs made worldwide. How do people like you come up with these ridiculous ideas? Do you write down your dreams when they wake you in the middle of the night
    Actually, I crunched the numbers, and he is dead on!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 10:28 AM
    2016 - BB10 - Zombie OS

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 12:36 PM
    2016 - BB10 - Zombie OS

Posted via CB10
    I really hope you stick around in this forum so I can tell you how wrong you were.
    12-27-15 12:49 PM
    I really hope you stick around in this forum so I can tell you how wrong you were.
    I own all the BB10 phones except for Q5 and Z5 because I love the OS. Being involved as shareholder and with Private Equity background, I recognize the language Chen is using when he discusses BB10. His actions in software field with acquisitions that hurt BB10 implementation because of cross platform capabilities demonstrate this. His actions, laying off employees that develop BB10, is what happens before you quietly shutter a division. The BB10 staff is fraction of what is needed to keep OS updated after 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 is rolled out. The company will use its recent acquisitions to replace the need for BB10. Most importantly, unlike BBOS previous to BB10, this OS (BB10) generates no recurring monthly revenue. Heck I don't think it generates any revenue, just expenses. Why are they going to keep it beyond 2016?

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    12-27-15 01:32 PM
    Fernando... too much bubbly !!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 02:13 PM
    2021 - President Trump deports Steve Jobs to Syria
    Jobs is dead...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 02:15 PM
    Jobs is dead...

Posted via CB10
    But Trump said he will be the best Jobs creator God ever made. Trump can do anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 02:57 PM
    I own all the BB10 phones except for Q5 and Z5 because I love the OS. Being involved as shareholder and with Private Equity background, I recognize the language Chen is using when he discusses BB10. His actions in software field with acquisitions that hurt BB10 implementation because of cross platform capabilities demonstrate this. His actions, laying off employees that develop BB10, is what happens before you quietly shutter a division. The BB10 staff is fraction of what is needed to keep OS updated after 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 is rolled out. The company will use its recent acquisitions to replace the need for BB10. Most importantly, unlike BBOS previous to BB10, this OS (BB10) generates no recurring monthly revenue. Heck I don't think it generates any revenue, just expenses. Why are they going to keep it beyond 2016?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, seems like Chen would like to go low cost (android) on the software side and high margin on the hardware side (priv). I guess a big question is whether governments and big enterprise customers are comfortable enough with a hardened version of Android vs os10 when it comes to security. Also, if Chen wants these customers on android he's going to need some cheaper handsets. All he's been talking about hardware wise is high end. My employer (military) is a massive BlackBerry customer, mostly BBOS and maybe a bit of OS10. I can't see them purchasing thousands of privs or similar high end phones though that would be cool lol.
    I'm guessing BB10 will be around for quite a while, minimum 5 years, due to these big customers. For us enthusiasts, this means the party continues with decent but not not groundbreaking updates for another half decade.
    12-27-15 03:34 PM
    Yeah, seems like Chen would like to go low cost (android) on the software side and high margin on the hardware side (priv). I guess a big question is whether governments and big enterprise customers are comfortable enough with a hardened version of Android vs os10 when it comes to security. Also, if Chen wants these customers on android he's going to need some cheaper handsets. All he's been talking about hardware wise is high end. My employer (military) is a massive BlackBerry customer, mostly BBOS and maybe a bit of OS10. I can't see them purchasing thousands of privs or similar high end phones though that would be cool lol.
    I'm guessing BB10 will be around for quite a while, minimum 5 years, due to these big customers. For us enthusiasts, this means the party continues with decent but not not groundbreaking updates for another half decade.
    There doesn't appear to be a desire to continue BB10 even with DOD or DISA unless either agency is going to pay for their custom build. Since BES12 and Good seem to offer varying levels of security, these appear to be on deck for increased hardening. Sounds like Priv technology could be offered with other non BlackBerry handsets or possibly the Vienna project. From what I've heard from some people I know, desire is for software based solutions and getting away from hardware dependency because of hardware cost period.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 05:24 PM
    THIS!!

I have been talking along these lines..

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-27-15 05:31 PM
    THIS!!

I have been talking along these lines..

Read my earlier response. There is no reason for BlackBerry to continue bb10 for these contracts as they generate little to know income for bb10. These are custom builds for only the enterprise customer who has to pay for the build. For better cost effective solutions, these customers are RFP'ing technology solutions that are OS neutral all inclusive. The DOD and DISA as well as other enterprise and governments realized 2-3 years ago that BlackBerry almost went bankrupt. Now secure hardened solutions are desired to be cross platform. You might see old BBOS if necessary but since BB10 hasn't seen a large adoption rate, other solutions are far more likely. Nice try....BB10 Zombie Edition

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 05:50 PM
    Should I stay on my current job or leave for another early on 2016?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 07:08 PM
    A very ambitious prediction. highly unlikely but not impossible. BB10 is supposed to be the best interface to the BlackBerry security suite.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    THIS!

At least some people get it.
    12-28-15 01:49 PM
    Read my earlier response. There is no reason for BlackBerry to continue bb10 for these contracts as they generate little to know income for bb10. These are custom builds for only the enterprise customer who has to pay for the build. For better cost effective solutions, these customers are RFP'ing technology solutions that are OS neutral all inclusive. The DOD and DISA as well as other enterprise and governments realized 2-3 years ago that BlackBerry almost went bankrupt. Now secure hardened solutions are desired to be cross platform. You might see old BBOS if necessary but since BB10 hasn't seen a large adoption rate, other solutions are far more likely. Nice try....BB10 Zombie Edition

Posted via CB10
    I think you are blinded by your business savvy! What YOU are failing to understand, as myself and others in this forum are trying to explain to you, is that, blackberry's government, enterprise, and other customers are not going to be satisfied in using anything other than BBOS and BBOS 10. Remember that most software services are deployed on these devices. You think that enterprises and governments, from one day to the next, or even in one year's time, are going to just switch to android or ios??? Not going to happen, captain, and that is why BBOS, and BBOS 10 will remain for a long time.
    Last edited by Fernando Martin; 12-28-15 at 02:14 PM.
    12-28-15 01:57 PM
    I think you are blinded by your business savvy! What YOU are failing to understand, as myself and others in this forum are trying to explain to you, is that, blackberry's government, enterprise, and other customers are not going to be satisfied in using anything other than BBOS and BBOS 10. Remember that most software services are deployed on these devices. You think that enterprises and governments, from one day to the next, or even in one year's time going to just switch to android or ios??? Not going to happen, captain, and that is why BBOS, and BBOS 10 will remain for a long time.
    We BerryHeads all hope your right
    12-28-15 02:07 PM
    True prophets have always been considered to be out of mind. ;-)
    People who seem out of their minds are rarely prophets.
    12-28-15 02:13 PM
    I think you are blinded by your business savvy! What YOU are failing to understand, as myself and others in this forum are trying to explain to you, is that, blackberry's government, enterprise, and other customers are not going to be satisfied in using anything other than BBOS and BBOS 10. Remember that most software services are deployed on these devices. You think that enterprises and governments, from one day to the next, or even in one year's time, are going to just switch to android or ios??? Not going to happen, captain, and that is why BBOS, and BBOS 10 will remain for a long time.
    The. 03% marketshare clearly says otherwise. They've left BBOS in droves, just look at the earnings reports, and they never came to BB10. Who are these governments etc, and why don't they show in the revenue numbers? Since they don't represent any profits or revenues, why does BlackBerry care? If what you've stated is true, biggest clients are governments of Utopia and LaLaLand and they are outfitting their legions of unicorn riding minions with latest BB10 devices running pre BES 12 software....

If all the BB10 clients were so large in numbers AND producing meaningful revenues, do you think BlackBerry would be in the still perilous conditions the company operates? The company isn't the only company on the planet and the other main OS have moved forward. BlackBerry solutions for those OS's mean BB10 is getting left behind and dropped by all the current BB10 users as they go cross platform. BB10 is being abandoned by those you purport to be dissatisfied with anything other than BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 02:30 PM
    12-28-15 03:45 PM
    The. 03% marketshare clearly says otherwise. They've left BBOS in droves, just look at the earnings reports, and they never came to BB10. Who are these governments etc, and why don't they show in the revenue numbers? Since they don't represent any profits or revenues, why does BlackBerry care? If what you've stated is true, biggest clients are governments of Utopia and LaLaLand and they are outfitting their legions of unicorn riding minions with latest BB10 devices running pre BES 12 software....

If all the BB10 clients were so large in numbers AND producing meaningful revenues, do you think BlackBerry would be in the still perilous conditions the company operates? The company isn't the only company on the planet and the other main OS have moved forward. BlackBerry solutions for those OS's mean BB10 is getting left behind and dropped by all the current BB10 users as they go cross platform. BB10 is being abandoned by those you purport to be dissatisfied with anything other than BB10.

Posted via CB10
    You know what? There are millions of of BlackBerry OS users and I am certain that BlackBerry is not going to dump on them. I am absolutely positive that your opinion is heavily biased, and with all do respect, there is no point in continuing to have the discussion.

How do I close this thread?

12-28-15 06:44 PM
    What YOU are failing to understand, as myself and others in this forum are trying to explain to you, is that, blackberry's government, enterprise, and other customers are not going to be satisfied in using anything other than BBOS and BBOS 10.
    How many of these govt and enterprise customers are actually using BB10 now? There may be more using BB7 than BB10. Outside of a few cases, I've not seen many regulated businesses who have issued BB10 phones. We tested 20 of them where I work out of more than 50,000 company issued smartphones! Twenty.

When we shut down our BES service finally, we cut off more than 3,000 BB7 phones. So 150 BB7 phones for every 1 BB10 phone last year. At our peak a few years ago, we had 20,000 BB7 phones.

As far as I know, not one of our major competitors ever went past the limited testing phase with BB10. They all support BB7, if they support BB at all.

If there are customers who are actually using BB10 and don't want to switch, the question I would ask as a CEO is how much money do I need to spend to keep that very small number of people happy? And why do I want to spend that money?
    12-28-15 07:08 PM
    How many of these govt and enterprise customers are actually using BB10 now? There may be more using BB7 than BB10. Outside of a few cases, I've not seen many regulated businesses who have issued BB10 phones. We tested 20 of them where I work out of more than 50,000 company issued smartphones! Twenty.

When we shut down our BES service finally, we cut off more than 3,000 BB7 phones. So 150 BB7 phones for every 1 BB10 phone last year. At our peak a few years ago, we had 20,000 BB7 phones.

As far as I know, not one of our major competitors ever went past the limited testing phase with BB10. They all support BB7, if they support BB at all.

If there are customers who are actually using BB10 and don't want to switch, the question I would ask as a CEO is how much money do I need to spend to keep that very small number of people happy? And why do I want to spend that money?
    In recent interviews, Chen mentions that "our commitment to bb10 remains strong". Furthermore, they have announced the release of 10.3.3 due out in March of 2016, which will enhance privacy and security, and comply with other standards, and also the release of 10.3.4 for the end of 2016.

Why is BlackBerry bothering to spend the money for these 2 updates, if, as you say, there not enough users to worry about? Why not just kill it now? What are the official numbers of bb10 users?

Based on what has been announced, I am of the opinion that Chen has not made a final decision on bb10.

12-28-15 07:48 PM

Why is BlackBerry bothering to spend the money for these 2 updates, if, as you say, there not enough users to worry about? Why not just kill it now? What are the official numbers of bb10 users?
    I think we all agree that BB will issue a couple of minor updates over the next 2-3 quarters.

The question is what happens after that? I'm saying there will be no new BB10 devices. And no new BB10 features. In other words, nothing that would require any significant investment.

Then once BB10 sales have reached near zero (see the BB10 sales trend over the past 3-4 quarters), BB will officially pull the plug.

They won't announce that now because they'd rather sell anything they possibly can over the next 2-3 quarters. That's a little extra revenue at very little cost. Nowhere near the cost/risk of actually producing a new BB10 phone or producing a significant update.

This is what they did with BB7, milking some extra sales there for as long as they could before officially retiring it. They did the same thing with the Playbook. This is a pattern with them.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-28-15 10:11 PM
    I think we all agree that BB will issue a couple of minor updates over the next 2-3 quarters.

The question is what happens after that? I'm saying there will be no new BB10 devices. And no new BB10 features. In other words, nothing that would require any significant investment.

Then once BB10 sales have reached near zero (see the BB10 sales trend over the past 3-4 quarters), BB will officially pull the plug.

They won't announce that now because they'd rather sell anything they possibly can over the next 2-3 quarters. That's a little extra revenue at very little cost. Nowhere near the cost/risk of actually producing a new BB10 phone or producing a significant update.

This is what they did with BB7, milking some extra sales there for as long as they could before officially retiring it. They did the same thing with the Playbook. This is a pattern with them.
    This is what I've been saying as well. Especially since pre-BB10 clients generated BIS revenue at minimum. BB10 doesn't offer that revenue. It will become Zombie OS like Vista. Never lived up to predecessors XP. Same way, XP was supported like pre-BB10 long after Vista was dumped into junkyard when MS rolled out Win7. Unfortunately for us BlackBerry users, there will be no 7,8,8.1 or 10. At least BlackBerry hasn't become Palm HP at this point.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 08:46 AM
81 1234