...the successor phone of the passport? A passport II is in the making, right?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 12:56 PM
    Your guess is as good as mine.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 01:23 PM
    What's the rush?
    09-02-15 03:36 PM
    Well, for a handset that John Chen admits wasn't overwhelmingly successful, it has had several cosmetic variations. Given the expense in creating an all-new model, we may not see a successor. On the other hand, did see one running Android so if released it would be a new model - you certainly wouldn't call it a Passport.
    09-02-15 03:43 PM
    While I agree there's no rush (it ain't broke so...), I do think that releasing new models with the same name would help keep the hype going, help keep the interest in the original model. Unfortunately, that would be a marketing trick and BlackBerry sucks big time at that.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-02-15 04:27 PM
    ...the successor phone of the passport? A passport II is in the making, right?

Posted via CB10
    The Silver Edition is a repackaged version that they're pushing right now, so it could be a while before we see a true Passport 2. Maybe next year, since the slider is coming this year?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 05:51 PM
    I feel the BlackBerry Passport would always be a standalone project. There won't be a Passport 2. Aesthetically cosmetic change can be brought in and intact it should be, not because the original Passport design philosophy is flawed, but it shows that the BlackBerry team is listening to its niche, loyal user base. So expect Passport ____ editions but not a Passport 2. Those are my 2 cents. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:21 PM
    Well, for a handset that John Chen admits wasn't overwhelmingly successful, it has had several cosmetic variations. Given the expense in creating an all-new model, we may not see a successor. On the other hand, did see one running Android so if released it would be a new model - you certainly wouldn't call it a Passport.
    When did John Chen admit that the Passport wasn't overwhelmingly successful?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:28 PM
    I feel the BlackBerry Passport would always be a standalone project. There won't be a Passport 2. Aesthetically cosmetic change can be brought in and intact it should be, not because the original Passport design philosophy is flawed, but it shows that the BlackBerry team is listening to its niche, loyal user base. So expect Passport ____ editions but not a Passport 2. Those are my 2 cents. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    I think this format will endure. The keypad is so good.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:52 PM
    What does John Chen know?
    He likes the low-spec-ed Z3 and Leap that don't sell, not the best BlackBerry phones which are the Z30 and the Passport.
    Nothing beats the Passport for productivity. It's my only laptop most of the time.
    The file manager is much better than that on the latest MacBook 12 inch and its battery lasts as long or longer than that of the MacBook 12 inch when streaming live TV in HD.
    09-03-15 04:10 AM
    PP2 will be a droid...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 04:13 AM
    For me, SE is Passport 2 because it's an improvement over the original. When original Passport came out, I have been telling myself, I will keep on using my Z30 till Passport 2 because first generation model usually have more design imperfections. And I have also been hearing about the screen lifting up, logo peeling off, etc.

So Passport SE, when are you coming to Indonesia? Take my money, I'm ready for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 04:17 AM
    To admit what is common knowledge... duh!
    09-03-15 04:34 AM
    To admit what is common knowledge... duh!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 04:36 AM
    Unless the world runs out of Passports and mine stops working or explodes. I don't think I'll be switching to any other phone anytime soon. Especially if a passport 2 is running android, then I'm done with BlackBerry.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    09-03-15 08:37 AM
    I agree! If blackberry abandons its OS, I will abandon blackberry

Posted via CB10
    kbrant64 likes this.
    09-03-15 09:08 AM
    When the BlackBerry passport 2 eventually comes, you would say it is to big for you, then you would want the passport 3 to come out quick, don't be greedy, there is nothing wrong with the current passport, be patient.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    09-03-15 09:31 AM
    At the 53:30 question, John Chen - "[Passport and Classic] ...by any definition, is not a runaway success." He then goes on to say that their apps are not competitive with Google and Apple even with the Amazon App Store.

Watch the replay of John Chen's interview with the Churchill Club | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by early2bed; 09-03-15 at 03:43 PM.
    09-03-15 03:22 PM