When will Verizon offer the Blackberry Passport for sale?
    11-09-15 03:20 PM
    My guess.... at this point, never.

Don't see them adding a year old device to their line up.
    11-09-15 03:22 PM
    There is some hope that when Verizon releases voice over LTE nationwide that they will no longer require CDMA or Verizon branded devices. The Passport supports Verizon's LTE bands but who knows when the change will happen and how strong the coverage would be.

Overall, Verizon wasn't interested in the Passport so BlackBerry didn�t take the time or expense to build a Verizon variant, though I'm sure there's one somewhere in a BlackBerry testing lab.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 09:12 PM
    The real question is, why are you on Verizon?

Does AT&T service work in your area?

If you are staying on the Verizon network, consider switching to TotalWireless, a subsidiary of TracFone. Prepaid up to 12GB of 4G LTE per month (2G speeds thereafter no overages and email works). You pay the sticker price plus sales tax and done. No hidden fees, no surcharges, etc.

I'm using StraightTalk on my Passport, also a subsidiary of TracFone, but utilizes the AT&T network as Verizon sucks in this state

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:03 AM
    NEVER.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:26 AM
    Attachment 379896
    Attached Thumbnails When will Verizon offer the Blackberry Passport?-nope.jpeg  
    11-10-15 10:38 AM
    The real question is, why are you on Verizon?

Does AT&T service work in your area?

If you are staying on the Verizon network, consider switching to TotalWireless, a subsidiary of TracFone. Prepaid up to 12GB of 4G LTE per month (2G speeds thereafter no overages and email works). You pay the sticker price plus sales tax and done. No hidden fees, no surcharges, etc.

I'm using StraightTalk on my Passport, also a subsidiary of TracFone, but utilizes the AT&T network as Verizon sucks in this state

Posted via CB10
    For a lot of people, Verizon is the only real choice because their coverage is almost everywhere. I work in four different states depending on the day and Verizon is the only carrier that gives me a reliable signal everywhere.

MVNO's are all well and good, but even when you're piggybacking on another carrier's network you run the risk of not getting the full advantage of any agreements they have with other carriers and you also have the potential of prioritising where postpaid customers are favoured over third party users in times of congestion.

There's no one carrier that works for everyone, it all depends on your location and needs. For you, an MVNO gives you the best deal, for the OP Verizon works best.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:32 AM
    While I would love to be able to use my passport on Verizon, I'm afraid it will never happen

Posted from my Passport
    11-11-15 08:14 AM
    Classic is running great but I still wish BlackBerry offered a CDMA Passport .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NCA510; 01-06-16 at 07:16 PM.
    11-13-15 01:24 AM