I may have missed the thread about possible release dates here in the US. All the articles about the new rounded edge Passport say something like "coming soon".

Does anyone have a better idea when we can expect to pick one up from our local AT&T store in the US?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:53 AM
    Possibly about the same time as that leather case/stand will be released.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:59 AM
    That's weird - heading clearly showed "when will AT&T.." which changed two minutes later on CB App to AT&ampT.

It won't let me edit the heading to correct it either. Buggy

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:05 AM
    That's weird - heading clearly showed "when will AT&T.." which changed two minutes later on CB App to AT&ampT.

It won't let me edit the heading to correct it either. Buggy

Posted via CB10
    You can't correct titles in any version of CB (only mods can). And it's likely just an issue with the CB10 app's inability to handle non-UTF/plain text characters. Don't worry about it too much.

Hope we find out about the new Passport soon though!

Posted via CB10
    MrVeda likes this.
    01-12-15 09:20 AM
    I read on many of the CES covered reports stating that it would come 'within a few weeks' so I'm hoping that the end of Jan/beginning of Feb... hopefully before March because I'm planning on returning this Passport to get the redesign and I'd hate to be without a phone for more than a couple of weeks at most.

Crossing my fingers for end of Jan/early Feb!
    MrVeda likes this.
    01-12-15 09:23 AM
    Thanks for the replies - hopefully we'll hear an announcement soon with release dates.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:36 AM
    It's probably being built by Foxconn right now. It'll take at least 2 months to get the products completed and delivered to Ma Bell.
    01-12-15 01:24 PM
    It's probably being built by Foxconn right now. It'll take at least 2 months to get the products completed and delivered to Ma Bell.
    I don't believe they are being built by Foxconn, unless I missed something.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 04:34 PM
    They are Mexico. Att launch has to happen soon. The genome browser is available around the end of this quarter. Health care people need to get ready.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    01-12-15 05:09 PM
    I'd imagine that they've been working on this redesign for quite some time, esp since that leaked OS 10.3.1016 by ATT last year. I bet they already had production in the works and are probably just shipping them to stores, one can only hope this is true because I want mine now!
    01-12-15 05:25 PM
    Exactly. Why announce it's coming and then wait months. Hopefully appear on their site soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 06:58 PM
    The last I heard was March. But that was months ago when I posted that they requested the rounded corners. Hopefully it will arrive sooner than that...

Todd

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:29 PM
    Unfortunately, as a long time AT&T subscriber, I'd say the Passport will be available on Ma Bell about 6 to 12 months after initial release. :frustrated:

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:04 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here. When Apple announces a new device, you can get them in a few weeks. When new Androids are announced, it's a few weeks. When BB announces a device, it is months before you can get one through a carrier here in the USA.
    Sadly, I've moved on. Reluctantly enjoying my new Note 4. Had the passport been available shortly after launch, I would have picked one up.
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-12-15 09:43 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here. When Apple announces a new device, you can get them in a few weeks. When new Androids are announced, it's a few weeks. When BB announces a device, it is months before you can get one through a carrier here in the USA.
    Sadly, I've moved on. Reluctantly enjoying my new Note 4. Had the passport been available shortly after launch, I would have picked one up.
    You definitely have to be patient if your a BlackBerry user smh. Your absolutely right about the release of BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:51 PM