10-07-16 09:50 PM
157 1234 ...
tools
    You now have an excuse to switch to BBM. Live smarter and better.
    Hopefully he can get some of his WhatsApp friends to switch with him.
    Good luck with that, though.

*ME173X
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-01-16 05:22 AM
    Unfortunately WhatsApp .apk doesn't
    detects account validation SMS so key 6 digits activation code manually
    Can't send attachments gives "Retry" error
    Gives "Google play services not supported on your device" error.
    No matter from where you have downloaded ie: Play Store or direct from WhatsApp site.
    07-01-16 06:13 AM
    have you tried Amazon app store version?
    07-01-16 06:30 AM
    have you tried Amazon app store version?
    WhatsApp is not available at Amazon App store !
    At least i could't able to find it.
    07-01-16 06:54 AM
    Good riddance. This whatsapp was a nuisance. Unwanted people who have your number can irritate you with texts and forwards. The worst thing was that you have to reply to their msgs cos they could see ur last seen and whether you are online. Heights of stalking. BBM is far superior and private. India is full of people who don't value their own privacy.

This is one of the best reasons for me to stick to my passport. Maybe will get another one before the stocks run out. Lol

Posted via CB10
    There's a privacy setting in whatsapp.. so u can turn off ur last seen and ur online status.. u can block people whom annoy u with their text in whatsapp, so it's really not a problem thou...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 07:20 AM
    You now have an excuse to switch to BBM. Live smarter and better.
    Switch to a messaging app that barely anyone uses lol

OK.
    07-01-16 08:05 AM
    Most people are using Telegram in my circle now, just my mother uses Whatsapp
    07-02-16 09:35 AM
    BBM bigger in business where I am the What's app. My teenage kids don't even use what's up.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    07-02-16 09:37 AM
    So how do we overcome this issue?
    Attachment 403164

BB PP OG
    Get a Productivity device!
    07-02-16 10:46 AM
    Did they ever say why?? Just turning it off n that's it. Awesome. I don't use it, I don't see why life is so dependent on this. Who cares realy, Imessage is coming out for everyone soon I think anyways
    BB10 is dead! That's the reason. Why is it so hard for people to understand that these apps cost money. BB has no market share. How much money do you waste on a product with no market share. You question why WA dropped BB10? BB dropped BB10.
    Why do so many people use WA? because it's cross platform and encrypted. If you are chatting to your buddy in the next booth it most likely doesn't matter but if you are texting a business associate on another continent, a bit more important
    07-02-16 10:53 AM
    The BBM App From the Google Play Store is not working on my BlackBerry Passport SE. I installed it yesterday but it's not working. Help

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    07-02-16 11:33 AM
    Sorry, why would you install an android version of BBM on a passport. The blackberry 10 version would be better to use.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 11:49 AM
    Sorry I write it wrong I wanted to say What's App.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    07-02-16 12:51 PM
    Oh.. download direct from what's app. I just did and ran it. Works perfectly.
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

You may need to hold the Download button for a few seconds and click 'open in new tab' to prevent BlackBerry world from opening. This way the apk is downloaded. Worked like a charm.
    That's of course if you want to use the android version.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Adif_701; 07-02-16 at 01:35 PM.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-02-16 01:24 PM
    But why panic now? There's still 5 months left

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 02:17 PM
    ive been a blackberry user since forever..i love bb...whatever the media (and all these sheep) says...i want a bb phone forever....it feels good to pull out my passport and not be generic..and not have a phone like everybody and their mama.... but an amazing product that feels and looks great and performs incredibly!

Though, with pain in my heart i have to admit that earlier today i bought a samsung s7 edge...it still not unpacked..its just laying there looking at me...taunting me.. i don't give a sh$##t about whatsapp, but its just ..well..everything.. the lack in support that is happening (and more of that is to come). The betrayal by bb and Chen of switching to android and not giving a f%$ about bb10 anymore etc etc....If i wanted an android phone, i just by an android phone right, not a blackberry running android and weaker than very other android phone out....i'm upset about the whole deal...the whole uncertainty of bb phones future....secretly still hoping on a bb phone to come out that will destroy everything and everybody, but i will slowly start to unpack my samsung...

:-(
    07-02-16 05:34 PM
    There are good reasons why they choose to support both OS and CONTINUE to support BB10. If you want feel ski-dish and run to something else than do it. There are plenty of people here not bothered by a " negative perception" and feel happy with BB10 for many years to come. Droids will support further development of bb10. AS we understand just how bad droid system is, so will more people who will want bb10. Now that is a positive belief and outlook. Which do you want to live with? If whats app was so special there will be a mobile website soon. then what will you say or do?
    07-02-16 06:10 PM
    because the PP has blockages in place to prevent you from running the droid version. You are sol.
    07-02-16 06:39 PM
    the only way to run the android version on your devices is if you never installed the bb10 version of whatsapp

if you did, you have to reload or do a security wipe
    07-02-16 07:05 PM
    Just downloaded Android version but unfortunately can't upload photo on Classic... oh well back to BBs whatsupp
    07-02-16 07:14 PM
    the only way to run the android version on your devices is if you never installed the bb10 version of whatsapp

if you did, you have to reload or do a security wipe
    Reload what?

The problem I get when I load in the WhatsApp Android version, even after deleting the OS10 version, is that it keeps looking for a backup file. I know the Android version can't read the media card and maybe not even the internal storage on the phone, but removing the media card where the backups are stored doesn't help.

So--you said either to do a security wipe, which is a huge pain, or "reload." Could you explain that? And will it get rid of the "looking for a backup" endless loop?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 07:23 PM
    Sadly BB10 is on its way out. I love my Z30 but no FB app and soon no Whatsapp app neither? I do NOT want to switch to another device but may eventually have to with so many family and friends on other devices I will not be able to communicate via BlackBerry Messenger. I will probably switch to an android device.

If only I could switch my OS on my Z30 to android.
    07-02-16 09:58 PM
    Oh.. download direct from what's app. I just did and ran it. Works perfectly.
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

You may need to hold the Download button for a few seconds and click 'open in new tab' to prevent BlackBerry world from opening. This way the apk is downloaded. Worked like a charm.
    That's of course if you want to use the android version.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Just tested and it works well for me with chat and call functions. But for the attach one to send files (docs or images for instance) it doesn't work, I can't send files to others, and WA only shows either "RETRY" or uploading icon.

Have you experienced the same? How can I get rid of these?
    07-03-16 12:52 AM
    Either android or ios
    Wow. Two choices.

Would you like a Hyundai or Toyota?

BMW, please.

No, I said Hyundai or Toyota.

Audi?

Nope, you have two choices. Hyundai or Toyota.

When you apply for a driver's licence there will soon be more choices for gender than there are mobile OSs.
    07-03-16 01:00 AM
    The original Facebook for BB10 with hub integration is available here https://berryflow.com/2016/05/facebo...blackberry-10/

You need to know how to sideload on to your BlackBerry. Read the article carefully. It even gives working .apk Android versions of Facebook and Messenger for BB10.

Similarly, when WhatsApp stops support for BB10 at the end of the year, there should be a work around solution. I personally think the App will work but there will just be no updates.

Facebook (who own WhatsApp) also said the Facebook App would not work after the 31st of March, but lo and behold, it still works, albeit we will never have updated versions but who cares as long as it's integrated with hub.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    Last edited by anilmohan; 07-03-16 at 06:03 AM.
    rumagin likes this.
    07-03-16 02:56 AM
157 1234 ...