I barely use what's app. Only ever speak to one person. I will get them to install BBM on her phone after all everyone else I speak to is on BBM

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 04:27 PM
    They've said they will continue to support the app through the end of the year. Support for WA means they have a team working on the app and updating it properly.
    Which really doesn't make much sense. You're pulling the plug on something, don't keep investing in updating it.
    umBBerto likes this.
    07-04-16 04:37 PM
    Which really doesn't make much sense. You're pulling the plug on something, don't keep investing in updating it.
    FB is not BlackBerry. They aren't desperately trying to cut budget here and there to keep the company solvent through a long transition. The app is fully supported in 2016 and will be completely unsupported in 2017.

When they say something is supported, they mean it's supported. Now of course they have decided that there is no long term point to supporting BB10, and they have given fair warning to everyone of the same.

And until that deadline, the app is supported and the folks at WA will honor their commitments and do a professional job. It does make sense when you consider that people want to work with and for companies that are well managed and support their products without any surprises.
    07-04-16 04:42 PM
    FB is not BlackBerry. They aren't desperately trying to cut budget here and there to keep the company solvent through a long transition. The app is fully supported in 2016 and will be completely unsupported in 2017.

When they say something is supported, they mean it's supported. Now of course they have decided that there is no long term point to supporting BB10, and they have given fair warning to everyone of the same.

And until that deadline, the app is supported and the folks at WA will honor their commitments and do a professional job. It does make sense when you consider that people want to work with and for companies that are well managed and support their products without any surprises.
    Doing it this way, they're giving all their legacy device clients plenty of time and opportunity to find a suitable replacement device on either Android or IOS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-04-16 04:59 PM
    I don't know if it would be possible but maybe one of the amazing developers who make bb10 apps will be able to do a 3rd party app.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 05:01 PM
    If it is your main app for communication, you need to get a new gadget with WA support.

-trackwheel-trackball-trackpad-keyboardtouch-
    I wish there were a new SMS standard, open source, universally adopted, end to end encryption, message delivery verification...

Like SMS, MMS, Email, HTML5, etc

It's been too long since we've had a new communication standard. Email has been kind of updated and upgraded over the years, but as a standard.
    07-04-16 06:39 PM
    Finally, Solution for WhatsApp for BB10 OS after December 2016.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1078718

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 06:50 PM
    Finally, Solution for WhatsApp for BB10 OS after December 2016.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1078718

Posted via CB10
    Another tedious work around that over 90% of BlackBerry users won't know about or care to do. They will just switch to android or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, Zashberry232323 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    07-04-16 11:38 PM
    Lol I think the only solution if u want to use whatsapp with bb10 phone is waiting nemory to make app like face10... but u need to pay for it when u can get it free on android phone...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 06:29 AM
    Another tedious work around that over 90% of BlackBerry users won't know about or care to do. They will just switch to android or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure you heard.. BlackBerry has an android phone. Oh, and they are making three more shortly so if it's apps you want and you like BlackBerry no issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 07:17 AM
    Maybe they updated it with doomsday messages that will continue to pop up warnings and then won't allow it to function after 12/31/16
    07-05-16 08:48 AM
    You can buy Android MM phones that cost under $100 and use WA just fine. You can also spend more and buy a PRIV or something else. There are real problems to deal with in life without easy solutions or worse, zero solutions. This is not those problems.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-05-16 01:28 PM
    Not sure you heard.. BlackBerry has an android phone. Oh, and they are making three more shortly so if it's apps you want and you like BlackBerry no issue.

Posted via CB10
    The point is completely missed on you.
    My comment was referring to those that stick with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 07:27 AM
    When there are over 5 months of service remaining...why panic????

Posted via CB10
    deadcowboy likes this.
    07-06-16 08:21 AM
    When there are over 5 months of service remaining...why panic????

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

But BlackBerry really needs to have an upgrade path in place for BB10 pkb users. And the new Android pkb handset has a projected spring 2017 release date? It NEEDS to drop this year, otherwise a lot of BB10 users will be forced to buy a glass slab from who knows what company.

Just goes to show how clueless BB is, and how little the consider their core userbase.
    07-06-16 08:30 AM
    I agree.

But BlackBerry really needs to have an upgrade path in place for BB10 pkb users. And the new Android pkb handset has a projected spring 2017 release date? It NEEDS to drop this year, otherwise a lot of BB10 users will be forced to buy a glass slab from who knows what company.

Just goes to show how clueless BB is, and how little the consider their core userbase.
    I understand the point, but IMHO I think we would continue to use bb10 and might just enlighten our friends about BBM. BBM is available for both android and ios so it won't be that difficult. Who knows maybe they like it and maybe in a years time BBM becomes pretty popular. BBM is so damn good. I personally hate whatsapp, it has no privacy, people can check you're online or not, your last seen, anybody who has your number can randomly msg you, stupid forwards, unnecessary data charges and the list goes on. I know you can turn it off, but then if you do, people think otherwise. If after 31st December, whatsapp doesn't work, I have one more reason to cling to my passport. Cheers to that!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:46 AM
    The android version would work now but it won't after 31 dec because it is outdated.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    07-06-16 08:56 AM
    Would WhatsApp work on BB Android phone after 31 Dec? Do we know this for sure?

I'd like to stick with my Q10, but my needs change and develop and apps that I require are not available on BB10. BUT I want a physical keyboard and the little things on BB like 'press and hold' for capitals. So it seems sensible to look at BB Priv.
    07-06-16 11:23 AM
    Would WhatsApp work on BB Android phone after 31 Dec? Do we know this for sure?

I'd like to stick with my Q10, but my needs change and develop and apps that I require are not available on BB10. BUT I want a physical keyboard and the little things on BB like 'press and hold' for capitals. So it seems sensible to look at BB Priv.
    Android OS is perfectly fine.
    MoraBoy likes this.
    07-06-16 11:27 AM
    Android OS is perfectly fine.
    But it isn't amazing, which BB10 is.

---

And to another poster, yeah i'd love some BBM adoption, but it's a lot of effort. And BB squandered the hype when BBM for the other platforms was so buggy that I couldn't message family and had to delete contacts on both my bb10 phone and my folks' iOS phones, and then re-add just to get it working.

It's just not going to happen at this point. And with no end to end encryption? Why? I'm hoping for an SMS 2.0 instead of any apps.
    07-06-16 11:29 AM
    But it isn't amazing, which BB10 is.
    It isn't terminally ill, either.
    07-06-16 11:31 AM
    Use BBM instead. It's better anyway

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 12:33 PM
    It isn't terminally ill, either.
    Yup, BB10 is as good as dead. But android has its own issues...to stress the metaphor: it's infected (with bad developers, viruses, adware, malicious rooting, and major privacy issues).
    07-06-16 12:40 PM
    Yup, BB10 is as good as dead. But android has its own issues...to stress the metaphor: it's infected (with bad developers, viruses, adware, malicious rooting, and major privacy issues).
    Perhaps, but the question was whether or not Whatsapp works.
    07-06-16 01:05 PM
    Perhaps, but the question was whether or not Whatsapp works.
    Lol, I suppose it was. Sorry for derailing.
    07-06-16 02:37 PM
157 ... 23456 ...