Wow. Two choices.

Would you like a Hyundai or Toyota?

BMW, please.

No, I said Hyundai or Toyota.

Audi?

Nope, you have two choices. Hyundai or Toyota.

When you apply for a driver's licence there will soon be more choices for gender than there are mobile OSs.
    You have two other choices... Dumb phone or 2 cans & string. No WhatsApp, though, but you have voice calls.
    All in all, that's 4.

*C5303
    07-03-16 04:28 AM
    I installed the What's App from the Link but it is still not working it's asking for the Backup. I will get my BlackBerry Priv this week. I have to massage a lot of client also in What's App, I need it for my work!

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    07-03-16 11:19 AM
    You have two other choices... Dumb phone or 2 cans & string. No WhatsApp, though, but you have voice calls.
    All in all, that's 4.

*C5303
    I think you're describing what it's like to use iOS and Android.
    07-03-16 11:54 AM
    So (sorry if silly question), will WhatsApp still work on BB7?

From a quick search it would appear that it does, but just checking by those in the know.
    Thanks
    07-03-16 12:13 PM
    So (sorry if silly question), will WhatsApp still work on BB7?

From a quick search it would appear that it does, but just checking by those in the know.
    Thanks
    Nope https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/bb/20951501

Via Pasta CB10
    07-03-16 12:18 PM
    Whatsapp said my free subscription expires in 5 months...then it said 2 months remaining and ultimately said enjoy a lifetime of free subscription.

So we do have hope cos that's the beauty of whatsapp, it was the one of the first of its kind cross platform messaging service . Now ios has imessage and android has loads of messaging apps. Whatsapp become popular cos it could connect beyond android and ios like symbian, BlackBerry and windows etc. I still have my doubts that it won't work, but still if it doesn't I might shift to my Priv that's gathering dust in the drawer.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:50 PM
    que l�stima..
    07-03-16 01:57 PM
    its a crap app anyway. BBM is easier to use, and has more features.
    nt300, LG8 and bigjman like this.
    07-03-16 02:42 PM
    I'm leaving Blackberry anyway, my carrier doesn't support my Passport to work in 4G since the beginning, the taxi cab I usually use doesn't have support for BlackBerry and now Whatsapp, widely used in Peru and South America won't work either.

I use a Mac and a hackintosh, so my next phone will be an Iphone, will miss the battery duration and the physical keyboard, but you can't have everything in the world.

Bye! BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 04:12 PM
    Switch to a supported phone? No Thanks, I dumped WhatsApp and will use BBM Thank You,
    bigjman likes this.
    07-03-16 06:47 PM
    Unless... Passport have an update... You know, the same OS that Priv uses...
    07-03-16 08:18 PM
    So how do we overcome this issue?
    Attachment 403164

BB PP OG
    Switch to a supported phone. It says what to do right in front of you....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kvndoom likes this.
    07-03-16 08:38 PM
    Doesn't this belong in the 3rd party apps forum? It is not related specifically to the Passport.
    07-03-16 11:30 PM
    Thanks! Just tested and it works well for me with chat and call functions. But for the attach one to send files (docs or images for instance) it doesn't work, I can't send files to others, and WA only shows either "RETRY" or uploading icon.

Have you experienced the same? How can I get rid of these?
    few months ago i was using the bb10 version and someday i decided to try the android version.

I removed the bb10 version, rebooted and installed the android one.. I experienced the same you are reporting and i had to install the bb10 version again.

Later tha month i had to reload my device because of a problem i had (nothing related to whatsapp).

I decided to try the android version again now with a clean install of the OS and guess what no more endless loop and I'm still using it today without any issues apart from not being able to send pictures or videos
    Nguyen_Bac likes this.
    07-04-16 04:49 AM
    its a crap app anyway. BBM is easier to use, and has more features.
    ...and less users.
    Uzi likes this.
    07-04-16 05:38 AM
    Wow the power or one app to destroy a whole ecosystem
    07-04-16 10:09 AM
    Lol far from it. BlackBerry did that to themselves.

*A3-A20
    07-04-16 10:14 AM
    I don't use it so it don't hurt me at all. If you do you use it and must have all that it offers, get another phone. For me, BB10 and my Passport still do everything I need it to and it does it far better than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 10:21 AM
    Powerful ubiquitous app. Weak marginalized ecosystem. In the end, all it takes is one swing of sledgehammer to knock down a house.
    07-04-16 10:21 AM
    I installed the What's App from the Link but it is still not working it's asking for the Backup. I will get my BlackBerry Priv this week. I have to massage a lot of client also in What's App, I need it for my work!

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    I copy the download link again that allows me install and work with android version normally apart from sending files/pictures out.
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Just wanted to let you know that I even played around with 2 scenarios without any issues:
    1, I didn't remove the native WA and installed an android ver., it worked but all messages in the native ver. disappeared.
    2, I reinstalled the native ver. to read old messages and then removed it and I installed the android ver.
    07-04-16 10:32 AM
    Strange that WhatsApp is still being updated for BB10 despite the warnings that "...you won't be able to use WhatsApp on this phone..." :

WhatsApp no longer supports BlackBerry 10-what.jpg

07-04-16 01:16 PM
    Strange that WhatsApp is still being updated for BB10 despite the warnings that "...you won't be able to use WhatsApp on this phone..." :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	403470

Seriously. I updated it today. Maybe they will change their mind like they did with the subscription period. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    umBBerto likes this.
    07-04-16 01:19 PM
    They've said they will continue to support the app through the end of the year. Support for WA means they have a team working on the app and updating it properly.
    umBBerto likes this.
    07-04-16 01:25 PM
    Si, aix� �s cert, per� si que hi ha molta gent en Telegram, De uns 300 contactes de la meva agenda, mes de 130 estan tamb� en Telegram, i als que no hi s�n ja li estic enviant invitacions per qu� s'en donen d'alta. No deixar� que una app de comunicacions em dicti quin dispositiu m'haig de comprar. Aix� �s el que tots hauriem de fer, invitar als contactes a BBM , a Telegram o a la que sigui, per� mai, plegar-se al xantatge de whatsapp. De qualsevol manera, gr�cies per la teva resposta.
    07-04-16 01:37 PM
    It also means don't be all shocked when it no longer functions after the end of this year.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-04-16 04:10 PM
157 12345 ...