Had a message telling me the version I was using was no longer working. So I went onto the Whatsapp website and downloaded the latest version, followed all the instructions via Ole's Youtube video, it works at first then halfway through a message I get a pop up telling me that Whatsapp has stopped worked and it goes off. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    07-29-18 01:26 PM
    Uninstall WhatsApp and try again.

Download WhatsApp from www.whatsapp.com/android.

Install app, tap OUTSIDE the box IF warned about Google Play Services.

Run patch from BlackBerry World:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088

You will need an SD card for this to work.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-29-18 02:25 PM
    ..., it works at first then halfway through a message I get a pop up telling me that Whatsapp has stopped worked and it goes off.
    Posted via CB10
    I also could not get the new version (2018-07-30) to work. Same symptoms you had. I downgraded to 2.18.134.
    07-30-18 01:36 PM
    Hi, where did you download version 2.18.134 from? When I've downloaded it from apk mirror etc, it downloads but will then not open. I know I'm not that tech minded, but it looks so easy when I watch people doing it on You tube! So I think it maybe bye bye Whatsapp for me

Posted via CB10
    07-30-18 02:13 PM
    Hi, where did you download version 2.18.134 from? When I've downloaded it from apk mirror etc, it downloads but will then not open. I know I'm not that tech minded, but it looks so easy when I watch people doing it on You tube! So I think it maybe bye bye Whatsapp for me

Posted via CB10
    Did you uninstall everything, including the fixer and reboot and start over?
    07-30-18 02:15 PM
    Yes, have an sd card, downloaded the fixer etc. I'm having a mare here mate

Posted via CB10
    07-30-18 02:17 PM
    I've now got as far as installing version 2.18.134, but just as it's about to finish installing, I get a pop up message telling me that I already have a newer version of Whatsapp downloaded and that I need to get rid of this one before I can download the older version! Jesus, if I do have another version installed I can't find it, I've deleted everything with Whatsapp I can find!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-18 02:27 PM
    I've now got as far as installing version 2.18.134, but just as it's about to finish installing, I get a pop up message telling me that I already have a newer version of Whatsapp downloaded and that I need to get rid of this one before I can download the older version! Jesus, if I do have another version installed I can't find it, I've deleted everything with Whatsapp I can find!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a WA user but I used to use WeChat on my Passport and for that platform there was a file located at: File Manager/misc./android/Tencent (which is WeChat's parent company. I always had to delete that folder (which was not deleted by uninstalling the app itself) before a newer (or older) version could be installed. I have no idea of the WA file structure but maybe you will have to go through the folders in your device to see. Other than that, you would maybe be well advised to reboot your device before installing again. Just grasping at straws here. Another possibility for finding files/folders etc is just to use your device's universal search function.
    07-30-18 02:39 PM
    Don't forget to do a backup of your chats before uninstalling.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-18 02:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it was from apkmirror. I had left it in my /Downloads for just this situation.
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt: I uninstalled the app but not the fixer. I don't think I re-ran the fixer after the re-install but the app works.
    @Rendergroup: Probably good advice, but it seems my chats were automatically backed up. I did not do an explicit backup, but they were there when I reinstalled the old version.
    07-30-18 02:53 PM
    Good!

I downloaded the whatsapp in their webpage, why use another site?.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-18 03:19 PM
    Don't forget to do a backup of your chats before uninstalling.

Posted via CB10
    How do you get chat backup to Google Drive to work on BB10? I tried it on a Classic and it would just say "connecting to drive account" or something indefinitely...

Or you meant go into files and manually copy the chat files to an SD card? (Which should already be there for the fixer to work)
    07-30-18 05:02 PM
    Download Whatsapp on Play store
    Last edited by Erodotus; 07-31-18 at 08:19 AM.
    07-31-18 12:47 AM
    APKForBlackberry has 2.17.289
    https://www.apkforblackberry.com/app/com.whatsapp/
    I've had good luck downloading from their site.
    07-31-18 08:13 AM
    Hello, thanks for all your help guys, it's been much appreciated. This is were I am now up to. I deleted anything to do with Whatsapp on my device, including Whatsfixer. I re-booted my device, then downloaded the newest version again from the official website, and Whatsfixer from BlackBerry World. I've lost all my old messages etc and I sometimes still get the 'Whatsapp has stopped working' pop up. So it's a bit hit and miss really. Will just have to see how it goes now, but thanks again for all your help

Posted via CB10
    07-31-18 10:33 AM
    I'm currently on WhatsApp 2.18.223 on my Passport...seems to be working well for me.
    07-31-18 02:54 PM
    I have WhatApp on my Passport 2.18.205 that I installed from 9Apps it downloaded and works fine and I have gotten the updates from there. The Android Runtime on this version is 4.03. The only issue I do have is after a call in need to do in and delete the call from the call log or when I go to text that person I get the warning that you are getting now. Except for that small glitch no problems. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport OG & Semi Retired Z10
    07-31-18 10:22 PM
    I have WhatApp on my Passport 2.18.205 that I installed from 9Apps it downloaded and works fine and I have gotten the updates from there. The Android Runtime on this version is 4.03. The only issue I do have is after a call in need to do in and delete the call from the call log or when I go to text that person I get the warning that you are getting now. Except for that small glitch no problems. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport OG & Semi Retired Z10
    I tested with 2.18.223, got the same issue as you mentioned here.

I went a few version back, 2.18.181 does not give this issue. Going to try a few more versions from 2.18.181 upward...and see when the last good version is.
    08-01-18 11:55 AM
    I noticed that you can download the Whatsapp APK from Whatsapp directly...including previous versions...
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 08-01-18 at 09:38 PM. Reason: links removed
    otaku2 likes this.
    08-01-18 11:59 AM
    I noticed that you can download the Whatsapp APK from Whatsapp directly...including previous versions...
    Hi Chatbox1024 Thanks for that information
    08-02-18 04:23 AM
    Hello, thanks for all your help guys, it's been much appreciated. This is were I am now up to. I deleted anything to do with Whatsapp on my device, including Whatsfixer. I re-booted my device, then downloaded the newest version again from the official website, and Whatsfixer from BlackBerry World. I've lost all my old messages etc and I sometimes still get the 'Whatsapp has stopped working' pop up. So it's a bit hit and miss really. Will just have to see how it goes now, but thanks again for all your help

Posted via CB10
    Select the 'Call' tab in whatsapp, tap on the 3 buttons at the top right hand corner and delete calls and it should work. Had the same issue and found this solution from another crakcberry user and it worked for me. Was extremely relieved!

Each time you call or receive a call you'll need to go back into the call log and delete calls. At least this is what works for me.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    08-02-18 06:46 PM
    Select the 'Call' tab in whatsapp, tap on the 3 buttons at the top right hand corner and delete calls and it should work. Had the same issue and found this solution from another crakcberry user and it worked for me. Was extremely relieved!

Each time you call or receive a call you'll need to go back into the call log and delete calls. At least this is what works for me.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    So, after a bit of testing with different versions of the WhatsApp APK, it seems like version 2.18.190 is the last version without the "need to clear call log" issue.
    08-03-18 12:02 PM
  23. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I recommended you, install apk version on 2.18.154
    search on Google and install it. patch it with bgshell ssh plus
    enjoy

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    otaku2 likes this.
    08-04-18 04:28 AM