Hey guys, I need help again. I bought a Blackberry Passport and installed the Google Play services on this phone. I also own a Q10 and a Q20 (Both with Android on them) and they work fine. Now I repeated the same process on my Passport and everything works only Whatsapp and whatsapp business doesn't seem to work.

I get a message that it needs Google services and that's not supported for this phone. Then it starts searching for a backup (Endlessly).

I really down know what im doing wrong espacially when I got it to run on my other 2 Blackberrys with exactly the same order/apk's.

Telegram does work on this phone.

Please help me
    02-18-22 12:25 PM
    Hey guys, I need help again. I bought a Blackberry Passport and installed the Google Play services on this phone. I also own a Q10 and a Q20 (Both with Android on them) and they work fine. Now I repeated the same process on my Passport and everything works only Whatsapp and whatsapp business doesn't seem to work.

I get a message that it needs Google services and that's not supported for this phone. Then it starts searching for a backup (Endlessly).

I really down know what im doing wrong espacially when I got it to run on my other 2 Blackberrys with exactly the same order/apk's.

Telegram does work on this phone.

Please help me
    Pretty sure WA Business will not work on any BB10 device. WA will work and should be downloaded directly from their website https://www.whatsapp.com/android/ . If you get an error window come up that states it won't work without google services, just tap outside the window and then carry on.

Oh, and you don't need all that Cobalt google play stuff - get rid of it and just install the Yalp store from F-Droid, log in using your google password.
    SergioSzm likes this.
    02-18-22 12:28 PM
    On my other 2 Blackberry devices I used the whatsapp from the google play store and that works just fine, on the passport that same file don't work?
    02-18-22 12:34 PM
    On my other 2 Blackberry devices I used the whatsapp from the google play store and that works just fine, on the passport that same file don't work?
    Get rid of the Cobalt junk. WhatsApp doesn't need it, it's a waste of resources, and it interferes with the proper functioning of some apps.

Then erase WhatsApp, and reinstall from www.whatsapp.com/android.

It will then work fine.

If you need Play Store use Yalp instead.
    SergioSzm and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-18-22 12:38 PM
    Thank you both, this did the trick. Will delete the Cobalt junk and will try to install the Yalp version instead.. You told me once before.. Thanks
    02-18-22 12:51 PM
    Thank you both, this did the trick. Will delete the Cobalt junk and will try to install the Yalp version instead.. You told me once before.. Thanks
    Don't make him tell you again.....
    02-18-22 01:11 PM
    Don't make him tell you again.....
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-18-22 01:15 PM
    Get rid of the Cobalt junk. WhatsApp doesn't need it, it's a waste of resources, and it interferes with the proper functioning of some apps.

Then erase WhatsApp, and reinstall from www.whatsapp.com/android.

It will then work fine.

If you need Play Store use Yalp instead.
    While no longer useful, I hesitate to label the Cobalt Google stuff "junk" in deference to the effort he made to assist the community.

That said, shouldn't it be no longer available?
    02-18-22 02:37 PM
    While no longer useful, I hesitate to label the Cobalt Google stuff "junk" in deference to the effort he made to assist the community.

That said, shouldn't it be no longer available?
    Files never die on the internet.

And, of course, no disrespect intended. He and I had a good relationship.
    Last edited by conite; 02-18-22 at 04:01 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-18-22 02:43 PM
    The Cobalt stuff is literally posted on several sites even Nemorys. So yeah its hard to wipe peoples brain of it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-18-22 03:45 PM
    Even Cobalt himself would tell you not to use his old fixes - they're simply obsolete and he himself has said so in the past.
    02-19-22 09:22 PM
    The Cobalt stuff is literally posted on several sites even Nemorys. So yeah its hard to wipe peoples brain of it.
    Still folks getting Red Light of Love's SNAP App from somewhere (not their sites as it's been taken over).
    02-21-22 10:00 AM
    try to covert whatsapp apk to bar file then install it on your phone then restart and waith 10 minutes. try to work after it.
    this way was good on my passport... after that i update the version of whats app.
    other way :: download whats app from apkpure then install and update it manually with the last version.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-22 12:57 PM
    try to covert whatsapp apk to bar file then install it on your phone then restart and waith 10 minutes. try to work after it.
    this way was good on my passport... after that i update the version of whats app.
    other way :: download whats app from apkpure then install and update it manually with the last version.

Posted via CB10
    Convert?

Post #4 is the right answer, and the solutions that the OP found worked for them. No conversion, no 3rd Party sites...
    02-21-22 01:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is absolutely no need to convert anything. Just get and install the apk directly from WA website as per post#3 and post#4. Period.
    02-21-22 01:15 PM
    There is absolutely no need to convert anything. Just get and install the apk directly from WA website as per post#3 and post#4. Period.
    Can you even still do conversion for BB10?

Haven't done it since 2013 when we got the "leak" that allowed direct APK installs.... but when I did it, had to get a temp developer key from BB... that's all gone now.
    02-21-22 01:24 PM
    Can you even still do conversion for BB10?

Haven't done it since 2013 when we got the "leak" that allowed direct APK installs.... but when I did it, had to get a temp developer key from BB... that's all gone now.
    Not unless you create your own apk to bar converter. A couple of the utilities that used to be available are not anymore. The utility (and directions to create) can still be made in theory.
    02-21-22 01:31 PM
    Not unless you create your own apk to bar converter. A couple of the utilities that used to be available are not anymore. The utility (and directions to create) can still be made in theory.
    The ones I used, required a temp developer key for signing.... which I assume is no longer accessible.

Were some online tools for APK to BAR conversion for PlayBook apps, but those never really worked well for me.
    02-21-22 01:34 PM