Hello! Nice to meet you all. Unfortunately BlackBerry Support Forums is off-line for six months. I do hope this new experience be so helpful as BSF.

Well wonderful news, since yesterday WhatsApp doesn't work on my BlackBerry Passport any longer. The past year it had to be the same but there was an extension.

I had some hopes this year but on this ocassion their bad and inexplicable decision seems to be final.

My questions are simple: and now? Could their Android version work on my Passport? Any idea?

Thank you in adavance for your time and attention!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Regards,

Ps,

I love BlackBerry devices, my Passport in special. It is of course a great device but it unique and elegant design makes the difference. It is very sad and discouraging all what is happening in BlackBerry Company for years .
    01-15-18 11:59 AM
    Ya.. my Android version is actually better then the BlackBerry version! I just googled a download and worked! All you have to do is also get the whatsapp fixer on BlackBerry world!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 12:48 PM
    Check out the blackberry 10 os forum as lots of information on this over the past couple of weeks and lots today!
    And welcome to the forum.
    Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 12:51 PM
    You can download it from here,

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

If you want to send media and have an SD card you'll need to run this app once after installing,

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/60005088

Remember to save any important chats from the native app first,

https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/bb10/27571777

Longterm if WhatsApp is important you should consider upgrading to an iOS or Android device.
    Chenwi Eugene likes this.
    01-15-18 01:51 PM
    I have Cobalt's play store, installed whatsapp from that... Works; no integration with the hub so notifications are clunky, and you need to remember to press on the reply text for it to fully recognize the keyboard; also, double tapping to bring cursor movement doesn't work. But honestly, just makes me want to move away from Whatsapp, not the Passport.
    01-15-18 01:57 PM
    Maybe someone can help me out. I have a passport SE. I downloaded the new android apk an also installed WhatsFixer. I cannot get WhatsApp to work. The screen first says "WhatsApp won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device." Then I click OK and the and the screen hangs on "Looking for backups." I have been having problems with my apk/android apps for a while. I have Google account, bb google ID, google settings, and play store all installed, but have been having problems with my android apps for some time. I also installed snap free a short while ago and that did not work either. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-15-18 08:00 PM
    Maybe someone can help me out. I have a passport SE. I downloaded the new android apk an also installed WhatsFixer. I cannot get WhatsApp to work. The screen first says "WhatsApp won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device." Then I click OK and the and the screen hangs on "Looking for backups." I have been having problems with my apk/android apps for a while. I have Google account, bb google ID, google settings, and play store all installed, but have been having problems with my android apps for some time. I also installed snap free a short while ago and that did not work either. Any help would be appreciated.
    Don't tap Ok, simply tap outside of the box when it appears and it should continue.
    crd2016 likes this.
    01-15-18 09:08 PM
    It had to initialize about 5 times, but it seems to be working now. Thx!
    Invictus0 likes this.
    01-15-18 09:33 PM
    Hi I downloaded Whatsapp android version 2.17.442 and Whatsfixer and it works just fine on my Passport OG & Z10. You do need to have an SD card for Whatsfixer to work. I also have Signal Messenger, Telegram, Line, WeChat, Viber, & Disa all android versions and working well. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport OG & Semi Retired Z10
    01-15-18 10:47 PM
    I have installed android whatsapp after following procedure posted by Hamed on another thread. Now I have 2 whatsapps on my mobile (one which was installed when it was supporting BB10 and another whatsapp which is android whatsapp installed yesterday). can I safely delete the bb10 whatsapp ?
    01-16-18 12:01 PM
    Thanks to all clever people that make these things happen. Android WhatsApp works although I have not been able to import the chats.

What has really surprised me is the bad quality of the android version. I expected a much better app but the appearance and the options are better on the BlackBerry. I don't see any function that hasn't worked on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 03:59 PM
    Thanks to all clever people that make these things happen. Android WhatsApp works although I have not been able to import the chats.

What has really surprised me is the bad quality of the android version. I expected a much better app but the appearance and the options are better on the BlackBerry. I don't see any function that hasn't worked on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Just saw the notice on crackberry, whatsapp stop working in OS10. No longer available
    01-16-18 04:33 PM
    I just installed DISA from the Google store an it vworks fine for me!
    01-16-18 05:05 PM
    Does file sharing work on Android version without an SD? I've installed 2.18.8 and it works, except for the media, but I don't have an SD, so I cannot check by myself.
    01-16-18 06:28 PM
    Ya.. my Android version is actually better then the BlackBerry version! I just googled a download and worked! All you have to do is also get the whatsapp fixer on BlackBerry world!

Posted via CB10
    It can never be better than the blackberry version. Hub notification is one thing: it shows as a general phone notification instead of a whatsapp notification. Typing to reply through the android is also less intuitive than the blackberry version. All in all, the oomph is not there but it is better than nothing if whatsapp is essential for you.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 07:21 PM
    Does file sharing work on Android version without an SD? I've installed 2.18.8 and it works, except for the media, but I don't have an SD, so I cannot check by myself.
    You need an SD card to make the patch work.
    01-17-18 10:47 PM
    My WhatsApp is working ok. Except I can only send one picture at a time. What am I not doing right?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-18 11:43 AM
    I have downloaded whatsapp and whatsfixer, still it isn't working
    05-01-18 09:27 AM
    Other than the fact that you can only see notification instead of the whole message. I think Whatsapp apk version works OK on my Passport. You will need whatsfix and a SD card to have the media sending work.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-18 06:50 PM
    I have downloaded whatsapp and whatsfixer, still it isn't working
    Did you do what whatsfix asks you to do. There are some certain but one-off steps needed to be taken.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-18 06:51 PM
    Yeah I have downloaded whatsapp apk with whatsfixer and I have SD and done exactly what whatsfixer asked me to do...albeit it's not working properly....can you please mention the steps I need to follow to make that work properly
    05-02-18 02:16 AM
    Yeah I have downloaded whatsapp apk with whatsfixer and I have SD and done exactly what whatsfixer asked me to do...albeit it's not working properly....can you please mention the steps I need to follow to make that work properly
    Go to Files and then SD card and make sure there is a folder named Android and inside, one named WhatsApp and inside of that, Media and then WhatsApp Images (or WhatsApp videos etc...) they must be spelled exactly like how I wrote.

Should work
    05-02-18 06:29 AM
    Everything is exactly like you said....but whatsapp isn't working well....could you send me the links to download them directly in my mobile
    05-02-18 06:51 AM
    Android whatsapp also stopped working from yesterday but you can try gb whatsapp from Web it will work fine

Posted from my beloved Q10
    05-02-18 08:23 AM
    Don't tap Ok, simply tap outside of the box when it appears and it should continue.
    This right here
    This is why you've got to love
    The CrackBerry community
    Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-18 01:57 AM
37 12