I would like to transfer my WhatsApp Chats from BB Passport to my new IPhone. Sadly, I have to move on
    I found a little PC program that can do this, but it requires the key-file to decrypt the WhatsApp database file.
    On Androids, it can be easily found, if the device is rooted.

Can anybody help me locate this file on my Passport? I really would like to keep my old chat history! Thanks!
    10-30-20 11:26 AM
    I'm not sure requiring ROOT is what I'd consider "easily" done.

Hopefully someone that's done it will be able to offer a solution.

I'd suggest transferring BB10 to Android to iOS.... but don't know if you have an Android phone or how well the moving from Android to iOS works.
    David8974 likes this.
    10-30-20 01:57 PM
    I would like to transfer my WhatsApp Chats from BB Passport to my new IPhone. Sadly, I have to move on
    I found a little PC program that can do this, but it requires the key-file to decrypt the WhatsApp database file.
    On Androids, it can be easily found, if the device is rooted.

Can anybody help me locate this file on my Passport? I really would like to keep my old chat history! Thanks!
    You don't need root on Android to do that. In your Passports' file manager go into Misc, Android and look for a folder marked WhatsApp. Simply move this entire folder to the Androids internal storage, download WhatsApp and it will find the backup if you sign in with the same phone number.
    I'm not sure how iOS handles files but I suspect it would be a similar process.
    10-30-20 06:50 PM
    Thank you for the response, but iOS handles it totally different.
    You need the PC program to decrypt the WhatsApp backup file and transfer it to iTunes. The folder on iOS is not accessible and the two formats are different.

But in order to decrypt the backup, I need the key file from the Blackberry phone.
    I might have to find a simple android device and move the blackberry archive there first.
    10-30-20 06:57 PM
    Thank you for the response, but iOS handles it totally different.
    You need the PC program to decrypt the WhatsApp backup file and transfer it to iTunes. The folder on iOS is not accessible and the two formats are different.

But in order to decrypt the backup, I need the key file from the Blackberry phone.
    I might have to find a simple android device and move the blackberry archive there first.
    Not exactly sure, but from what you're saying it should be located in Misc\android\WhatsApp somewhere - the same place you'd look for that file in an Android device.
    10-30-20 07:15 PM