Hi all

Just a quick question about the upcoming loss of whatsapp on bb10 devices. Is it a complete loss of whatsapp services or is it for the native app?

I'm uncertain as to whether to go down the dtek60 or passport route. Can you download an apk for whatsapp to ensure it can be used past the June cut off?

Thanks
    Nel
    02-14-17 08:48 PM
    There's nothing for sure. The android app works at the moment but I don't think anyone can guarantee anything past next June. If you require whatsapp or other apps then go with the dtek60 as it is more future proof.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 08:52 PM
    There's nothing for sure. The android app works at the moment but I don't think anyone can guarantee anything past next June. If you require whatsapp or other apps then go with the dtek60 as it is more future proof.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that mate. I've been tossing up between the two at least until the mercury comes out. I'm jumping from a note 5 so I wanted to make it worth it. 😶
    02-14-17 09:55 PM
    Thanks for that mate. I've been tossing up between the two at least until the mercury comes out. I'm jumping from a note 5 so I wanted to make it worth it. 😶
    Yeah we hope that the android version will work or that somebody may be able to create a native version. I'd assume there may be something that works but if you want to make sure the dtek60 is the only way.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 09:57 PM
    Yeah we hope that the android version will work or that somebody may be able to create a native version. I'd assume there may be something that works but if you want to make sure the dtek60 is the only way.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that seems to be the common trend with things I've read online. Kind of disappointing since I've always felt that the passport is the perfect device for me. But with the camera being fairly average (compared to my note 5 at least) and the uncertain future surrounding some apps vital for me means Ive been a bit hesitant to commit to it.
    A 'passport 2' would be amazing (might be what is coming with the Mercury.
    02-14-17 10:01 PM
    Maybe there will be another extension lol

Posted via CB10
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    02-15-17 03:31 AM