What will become of our passports with major developers starting to announce, they will no longer support OS10?

We can now probably also assume, (and I admit I was delusional in thinking otherwise) that no more updates besides what has already been announced will come for OS10.

What options will we have as passport users? Will we be able to install some sort of android version on our passports or will we just die a slow death, like the rest of BB devices are doing?
    04-24-16 10:49 AM
    Just do a quick search, there's lots of info on this topic.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-24-16 10:55 AM
    you won't be getting an android OS for that passport. Doesn't it still work now? it will continue to work for a long time. You will have to decide soon what new phone to get but in the meantime, it works.
    AuthCanuk likes this.
    04-24-16 10:55 AM
    I got my SE PP knowing that major developers already don't support BB10, and it seems to be working out; for instance the original whatsapp for bb10 works but seems clunky, if that stops working I'll try the android version; if that doesn't work, too bad for whatsapp, I'll ask my contacts to use bbm.

For me it's a tradeoff between being flexible so I can enjoy the benefits of the passport: a great typing experience, a nicer wide screen, a nicely thought out OS, a stunning phone... If there were an app I really really had to have and didn't work, I might even consider a cheap android tablet (or a nice and not that expensive one like the nvidia k1) and if things really go downhill, I'll just go back to my old android phone, but that really seems unlikely. Of course we all have different patience, I have very little patience with technology but again, it's way easier if we can adapt a little.
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    04-25-16 12:33 PM
    OMG....yet another one of these thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 01:41 PM
    No one really knows what's going to happen with the whatsapp situation. They can either pull a facebook and pull it from BlackBerry or they could just leave the app the way it is and just not update it anymore.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    04-25-16 06:24 PM
    I got my SE PP knowing that major developers already don't support BB10, and it seems to be working out; for instance the original whatsapp for bb10 works but seems clunky, if that stops working I'll try the android version; if that doesn't work, too bad for whatsapp, I'll ask my contacts to use bbm.

For me it's a tradeoff between being flexible so I can enjoy the benefits of the passport: a great typing experience, a nicer wide screen, a nicely thought out OS, a stunning phone... If there were an app I really really had to have and didn't work, I might even consider a cheap android tablet (or a nice and not that expensive one like the nvidia k1) and if things really go downhill, I'll just go back to my old android phone, but that really seems unlikely. Of course we all have different patience, I have very little patience with technology but again, it's way easier if we can adapt a little.
    Kudos,

The passport is by far the best phone that I have ever owned. The O.S. is just unbeatable, and so is the user experience. I hope that BB stays in the phone market, and can turn Android into the same experience.
    05-15-16 02:25 AM