Having a bit of a strange day today. My Passport has been hooked up to Blend on my laptop from 07.30 to 16.00. The battery life is currently 18% and the Passport has been off charge since about 05.30.

I'm a very heavy user of the Passport. My daily commute is just over two hours each way of which I'm using the Passport for 95% of the journey. This includes loads of emails, editing lots of docs using WPS office and Docs2Go (hurry up and improve it already BB!), listening to Spotify, reading on Kindle etc. During office hours I would use the Passport to email, make regular calls and Skype and WebEx meetings - usually almost two hours worth. With all that I'd normally have over 50% battery still!

I don't usually use Blend as it's so convenient for me to reach for my passport. I thought I'd use it for a day and give that lovely capacitive keyboard a rest! However my battery has drained out really fast! The weird thing is that CPU and Battery usage are really low for Blend but it is the one major difference between my usage today and in previous days i.e. using Blend all day in the office.

Any other heavy Passport users experience the same with Blend or is it just me? Any suggestions on how to optimise?

If it is just me and others are getting great battery life with Blend I was thinking it might be that one of my Android apps from 1mobile or Amazon might still be running in the background of the Android Runtime. Any advice on how to investigate or reboot the Runtime without rebooting the phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:12 AM
    That is interesting. I'm rarely using Blend and will investigate in the next few days

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.632 and Passport with the same version
    10-22-14 11:16 AM
    I have been off work for 3 days this week and have had my Passport hooked up with Blend for maybe 12 hours a day.

As I have not been working, only light use, but before I charged up before returning to work today I had 48% battery left 75 hours off charge.
    11-06-14 07:07 AM
    I use blend all weekend every weekend and I don't charge my phone till Monday after work. Love Blend and this crazy big battery.

Posted with my awesome passport!!!!
    11-06-14 07:50 AM
    Dropping

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:54 AM
    I have felt that Blend seems to increase battery consumption, but need to watch it closer to know for sure. I did notice that under Device Connections if you have connect over mobile networks Blend stays on even when I have my laptop on in one location and I'm with my phone in another location, like at lunch. I turned connect over mobile connections off.

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport Superphone
    11-06-14 08:04 AM