I was going to buy a BlackBerry Passport Silver (for Blend), but then after taking a closer look, I realize the top corners are still square. Why on earth didn't they round all 4 corners like the AT&T version? In my opinion, the mix of round and square corners make it look hideous.

Symmetry is very important in all designs.

Come on BlackBerry!!
    08-21-15 02:01 PM
    Who are you? Johnny Ive? LOL. . It looks good for a BlackBerry.
    08-21-15 02:05 PM
    I will admit it is "strange" to make it a mix of both devices.... maybe they had internal parts left from both and this was the best was to use them up?
    08-21-15 02:08 PM
    You your head guys, AT&T has the all rounded corners!!!

Via Limited Edition Silver Passport
    08-21-15 02:11 PM
    I was going to buy a BlackBerry Passport Silver (for Blend), but then after taking a closer look, I realize the top corners are still square. Why on earth didn't they round all 4 corners like the AT&T version? In my opinion, the mix of round and square corners make it look hideous.

Symmetry is very important in all designs.

Come on BlackBerry!!
    I wouldnt say hideous but I would prefer all four either round or square. Why? I like to read new in landscape mode as I could scroll up and down with the keyboard on a side. In landscape the round corners on one side and the square corners on the other don't look symmetrical to my eyes.
    It may not be a deal breaker if you don't care about that. There are too many good improvements in this edition for one to pass.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 02:27 PM
    I wouldnt say hideous but I would prefer all four either round or square. Why? I like to read new in landscape mode as I could scroll up and down with the keyboard on a side. In landscape the round corners on one side and the square corners on the other don't look symmetrical to my eyes.
    It may not be a deal breaker if you don't care about that. There are too many good improvements in this edition for one to pass.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Some people like that. Very few things in nature have symmetry in the way that's described. You don't have two heads, one where your feet should be, do you? I'm not an expert on symmetry, but I don't find the idea of the SE Passport's corners to be offensive in the least.

And the SE is certainly a far more handsome handset than the mediocre and truly forgettable ATT Passport design.

Posted via CB10
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    08-21-15 03:02 PM
    That's why I held out. But now I need to wait longer for an SE with 4 round corners.

[QUOTE=deadcowboy;11871083

And the SE is certainly a far more handsome handset than the mediocre and truly forgettable ATT Passport design.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    08-21-15 05:28 PM
    I definitely wouldn't call the AT&T version mediocre. In reality, the reason for the rounded corners and extra chin to improve typing comes from the AT&T version.

We may not have had the Silver Edition, at least the way it is now, if not for the rounded corners of the AT&T Passport. Aesthetically, it's really a mix of both the Original and AT&T exclusive.

Of course some of the retro vibes are added bonuses along with the silver and black contrast for those that like it. Also worth mentioning for some would be the wireless charging with the AT&T Passport.

As for AT&T, I'm personally glad that they don't butcher their devices like Verizon does with their name splashed on the front, the back, and let's not forget "4G LTE" plastered on it as well. The AT&T logo is well done and well placed.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 06:08 PM
    That's why I held out. But now I need to wait longer for an SE with 4 round corners.
    Don't hold your breath for that one, but didn't expect another Passport variant either unless it had the Porsche name on it so stranger things have happened lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 06:12 PM
    As for AT&T, I'm personally glad that they don't butcher their devices like Verizon does with their name splashed on the front, the back, and let's not forget "4G LTE" plastered on it as well. The AT&T logo is well done and well placed.

Posted via CB10
    Very true that ATT has a far better logo than Verizon. Tasteful and classic, even though ATT as a company is no better than any other telcom.

I still think the ATT Passport was neutered. The OG Passport is quite striking.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    08-21-15 11:19 PM