Love bb10 rather than ios indeed.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 09:51 AM
    The touch-sensitive keyboard on a good-specced device. And a BB10 device for that matter.
    01-31-17 10:40 AM
    The difference between Android and iOS is pretty big (good or bad, depending on your perspective). I was with BlackBerry until the Bold 9650 and then left for Android and had several Android devices and then jumped to iPhone, which caused me to long for my old BlackBerry. And so I thought, "Heck, just get one, dummy." So I bought the Priv thinking that BlackBerry teamed with Android OS was the way to go. I was dead wrong.

The Priv is an okay Android device, but it didn't remind me at all of BlackBerry. So then I did some research on the Passport and thought it would be the best device for me, but I was currently on Verizon and the Passport wouldn't work on that. So I actually jumped ship for AT&T just to get the Passport. It felt risky because I was leaving a quality carrier, but how different could AT&T be? (Not even noticeable). But when I got the Passport...WOW! My eyes were opened.

The Passport's keyboard was like the first time I tried sleeping on a memory foam mattress. I was hooked! I was typing at rate of speed and accuracy that I didn't know since the BlackBerry Bold. I made SO many mistakes on the virtual keyboards. I hated typing and therefore tried not to type much if I didn't have to. But of course we live in a "texting" world, and I work with young adults, I had to have a device that could allow me a good typing experience.

And then the HUB! Wow! The last time I was on BBOS, it was BBOS 6 or 7, I was floored by the fluidity of OS10 and the HUB's message and notifcation perfection. I felt like I stumbled upon treasure; a device that no one else knew about or had. Plus the looks I was getting in public made me proud, even though some of them were like people seeing aliens for the first time.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. But BBOS 10 on the Passport is unbelievable. I was very content to live without the current apps because this device was so productive (just use a tablet to get them.) But then I stumbled across "Cobalt's Google Play Store Landing Page". Dude, that guy deserves a standing ovation. I was able to get ALL my financial apps, all the social media apps I need and even current games. Now I had the most productive device on the planet AND all the apps everyone else had.

So it's 2017 and I am not even tempted ever to go back to Android or iOS. Passport until the end! Get it, use it, love it!
    01-31-17 10:48 AM
    Why the Passport. This is easy to describe. Here's my list of what I want to see in a phone:
    1. Toughness. I hate these wallets and protection moulds. I want to take out the phone and use it. The Passport is amazingly tough. I've dropped it many times to no effect. Glass won't scratch. If your phone is fragile like an iPhone forget it.
    2. Battery life. If the battery can't last a working day it's useless. The first words out of every iPhone user I meet up with are, Can I plug in here?
    3. Call and sound quality. If the antenna and sound is poor then forget it. BB phones are matchless in call quality.
    3. Memory. The Passport has 32GB and an infinity of RAM through the SD card. How many iPhone users do you know who cannot accept photos because they have run out of memory?
    4. Input. I write in 3 languages. The BB OS will spell check those 3 on the go as I type. Matchless superiority to any phone. Keyboard is more natural and copes with my big hands. Prediction is unmatched by any other phone. The Passport has flick input which really ups the speed. PLUS keyboard shortcuts are incredible productivity aids. Unmatched by any other phone.
    5. Readability. I read lots of documents all day long. The Passport wide screen is un matched for readability. Also adobe reader allows freehand edits and comments and has text free flow for easy reading. The readability function on web pages, accessed by a single key press will also read out the web page in voice a superb addition to productivity. Screen is almost unmatched in pixel density which makes handling documents for a day no strain. The iPhone has a beautiful thin font well designed for its very narrow screen, but try it with normal fonts on a web page or document and the narrow screen is virtually useless.
    6. On board text editor for Word documents so much faster than Google doc editor. Passport screen width makes editing documents very natural.
    7. FM radio. Very good quality.
    8. Remember app. An extremely useful for organising data around Evernote. Unmatched by any other phone. Google's note comes close but not as good.
    8. All the BB OS virtues of hub messages etc. Unmatched by any other phone

The Passport is not actually a huge phone in comparison to the other slabs out there. It is shorter and easy to handle, it fits in a pocket like a jeans back pocket or shirt pocket (though it is heavy for that).

The functions of the iPhone do not make it onto this list.
    Last edited by ankenn; 01-31-17 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Sloppy sentence
    ratfinkstooley, sid89 and Tim-ANC like this.
    01-31-17 10:53 AM
    Why the Passport. This is easy to describe. Here's my list of what I want to see in a phone:
    1. Toughness. I hate these wallets and protection moulds. I want to take out the phone and use it. The Passport is amazingly tough. I've dropped it many times to no effect. Glass won't scratch. If your phone is fragile like an iPhone forget it.
    2. Battery life. If the battery can't last a working day it's useless. The first words out of every iPhone user I meet up with are, Can I plug in here?
    3. Call and sound quality. If the antenna and sound is poor then forget it. BB phones are matchless in call quality.
    3. Memory. The Passport has 32GB and an infinity of RAM through the SD card. How many iPhone users do you know who cannot accept photos because they have run out of memory?
    4. Input. I write in 3 languages. The BB OS will spell check those 3 on the go as I type. Matchless superiority to any phone. Keyboard is more natural and copes with my big hands. Prediction is unmatched by any other phone. The Passport has flick input which really ups the speed. PLUS keyboard shortcuts are incredible productivity aids. Unmatched by any other phone.
    5. Readability. I read lots of documents all day long. The Passport wide screen is un matched for readability. Also adobe reader allows freehand edits and comments and has text free flow for easy reading. The readability function on web pages, accessed by a single key press will also read out the web page in voice a superb addition to productivity. Screen is almost unmatched in pixel density which makes handling documents for a day no strain. The iPhone has a beautiful thin font well designed for its very narrow screen, but try it with normal fonts on a web page or document and the narrow screen is virtually useless.
    6. On board text editor for Word documents so much faster than Google doc editor. Passport screen width makes editing documents very natural.
    7. FM radio. Very good quality.
    8. Remember app. An extremely useful for organising data around Evernote. Unmatched by any other phone. Google's note comes close but not as good.
    8. All the BB OS virtues of hub messages etc. Unmatched by any other phone

The Passport is not actually a huge phone in comparison to the other slabs out there. It is shorter and easy to handle, it fits in a pocket like a jeans back pocket or shirt pocket (though it is heavy for that).

The iPhone does not make it onto this list.
    THIS!!
    01-31-17 10:56 AM
    it fit in your shirt pocket without distortion. as all BB10, no virus, not much ads.
    01-31-17 12:24 PM
    Thanks, I was not aware the battery was removable.
    01-31-17 12:52 PM
    I was seriously considering getting the SE. It would be nice if BB had another sale on them again.
    01-31-17 01:08 PM
    Besides that is the best smartphone design to date I really don't know
    01-31-17 01:14 PM
    It's not.
    01-31-17 01:22 PM
    Work wide. WIDE <-------------------------------------->

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-31-17 02:10 PM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Should I get a new passport? I have had it since 2014 and I am on it constantl with emails and calls. My battery life is at 6 hours before I need to re-charge.
    replace your battry...

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-31-17 07:48 PM
    I am not sure, but based on everything I have read, I want to replace my Z30 with a SE Passport so bad and I keep trying to win one here on Crackberry but not having any luck.
    01-31-17 08:12 PM
    I am not sure, but based on everything I have read, I want to replace my Z30 with a SE Passport so bad and I keep trying to win one here on Crackberry but not having any luck.
    I wish you luck.

 B L A C K B E R R Y P A S S P O R T ™ SQW 100 - 1 | B E L L | O S Version 10.3.3.2205 S R Ver. 10.3.3.1463 Powered by Q N X "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." J O H N 3 : 1 6
    02-01-17 12:08 AM
    It can be replaced but you need tools and skill to do it. Look online for tutorial. Or a repair shop can do it for you.
    02-01-17 12:27 AM
    Thanks Tim!
    02-01-17 09:53 AM
    Should I get a new passport? I have had it since 2014 and I am on it constantl with emails and calls. My battery life is at 6 hours before I need to re-charge.
    Try recalibrating the battery first. Do a full recharge, then fully discharge the battery till it is at 1% or till the phone shut down, then charge it to full.
    If this does not get you some more time, then replacing the battery. It is not as difficult as it looks. The tough bit is removing the battery as it is glued to the back plate.

Posted from my  Passport
    02-01-17 11:23 AM
    Try recalibrating the battery first. Do a full recharge, then fully discharge the battery till it is at 1% or till the phone shut down, then charge it to full.
    If this does not get you some more time, then replacing the battery. It is not as difficult as it looks. The tough bit is removing the battery as it is glued to the back plate.

Posted from my  Passport
    I'm pointing you guys over here about batteries:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ttery-1098435/
    littlebuff likes this.
    02-01-17 11:35 AM
    I'm pointing you guys over here about batteries:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ttery-1098435/
    Thanks but I am trying to stay away from there . Battery discussion can lead to some explosive argument. But the thread you are referring us to is still pretty peaceful.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-01-17 12:25 PM
    Thanks but I am trying to stay away from there . Battery discussion can lead to some explosive argument. But the thread you are referring us to is still pretty peaceful.
    I know what you mean. I'm a fan of the calibrate method too placebo or not. I guess if PSPARKS battery is that bad, it won't hurt.
    littlebuff likes this.
    02-01-17 01:08 PM
    I respect you guys so much. Way over my head. I'll just buy the Silver Edition and have someone fix it for me lol.
    Thanks everyone!! Seriously
    Tim-ANC and littlebuff like this.
    02-01-17 09:16 PM
    I respect you guys so much. Way over my head. I'll just buy the Silver Edition and have someone fix it for me lol.
    Thanks everyone!! Seriously
    We never talked about proper trouble shooting procedure. First, look at device manager to see which apps are using your battery most.
    02-01-17 11:52 PM
    Hmmmm...I am going to try that. I will let you know if there are improvements. Thanks!
    02-02-17 04:03 AM
48 12