I was wondering that what makes the passport more special than the other phones like android and apple many people ask me to about it so what do u guys think of it any help?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 02:00 PM
    I was wondering that what makes the passport more special than the other phones like android and apple many people ask me to about it so what do u guys think of it any help?

Posted via CB10
    1) physical keyboard
    2) more fluid OS and user interface
    3)personal choice, but even though different, the shape seems to be more comfortable in the hands.
    4)LED indicator
    5)better to read article and emails on. More realistic format instead of 5 words per a line.
    6) Passport is now an antique! Lol
    01-29-17 02:29 PM
    dont forget the battery
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-29-17 03:08 PM
    5)better to read article and emails on. More realistic format instead of 5 words per a line.
    The tradeoff is letterboxing everywhere, though.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Carl Estes like this.
    01-29-17 04:09 PM
    I would address the Passport as the very best smartphone that has ever existed. You need to own it to understand.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 04:45 PM
    I'm not too sure if Passport is the only smartphone that has a built-in FM radio that you can use anywhere without incurring any network data charges.

 B L A C K B E R R Y P A S S P O R T ™ SQW 100 - 1 O S Version 10.3.3.2205 Software Release 10.3.3.1463 "For God so loVed the world that He gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." J O H N 3 : 1 6
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-29-17 06:08 PM
    I'm not too sure if Passport is the only smartphone that has a built-in FM radio that you can use anywhere without incurring any network data charges.
    It looks like all BlackBerry 10 phones except the Z10 have FM radio. http://m.crackberry.com/how-use-fm-radio-blackberry-10

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-29-17 06:11 PM
    I think you are right but this thread is about Passport vs android and apple phones.

 B L A C K B E R R Y P A S S P O R T ™ SQW 100 - 1 O S Version 10.3.3.2205 Software Release 10.3.3.1463 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." J O H N 3 : 1 6
    01-29-17 06:38 PM
    It looks like all BlackBerry 10 phones except the Z10 have FM radio. http://m.crackberry.com/how-use-fm-radio-blackberry-10

Posted via CB10
    oh nice. I don't know if I can use radio

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    01-29-17 07:10 PM
    The square screen may be awkward at first but you'll learn to love it eventually - for reading, browsing, etc.
    The keyboard is great, especially with its capacitive feature..
    The battery life is excellent..
    Lastly, it's uniqueness.. =D

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 08:06 PM
  11. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    The square screen may be awkward at first but you'll learn to love it eventually - for reading, browsing, etc.
    The keyboard is great, especially with its capacitive feature..
    The battery life is excellent..
    Lastly, it's uniqueness.. =D

Posted via CB10
    wow so interesting opinion

01-29-17 08:33 PM
    built-in FM
    A lot of phones have these, but they're disabled by the carrier
    01-29-17 08:41 PM
    Well, I guess it's a point of view and a desire for the functionality it offers . I like my PPSE for these reasons: I prefer the BlackBerry10 App permission system over all others. It allows me to decide a level of what to share, I haven't experience elsewhere. Likewise I enjoy single apps that do multiple tasks.

And the BlackBerry PKB System, were a pre-set or assigned key can be used as a Shortcuts to implement those apps. Along with a Back-lit PKB ,that can be used as a Track Pad in conjunction with a larger display to read more and input on a larger scale. Which includes a large battery life to get it done. Throw in a beautiful, sturdy construction and better camera than BlackBerry "was" known for and a larger CPU.
    So, it's the package deal that the Passport offers; a combination of hardware and software. And many of the functionalities of Passport lives on in newer BlackBerrys. But not at the new Passport lower pricing.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    Last edited by KNEBB; 01-29-17 at 10:56 PM.
    01-29-17 10:17 PM
  14. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    love this because of :
    1. uniq
    2. professional look like
    3. Fast perform and big memory
    4. and more than I can't say
    lol

01-29-17 10:24 PM
    Tegar, to use the FM radio you need to connect your headphone to your device because you headphone operates as your radio antenna. Open the music app and tap the pop up menu button at the bottom left select Radio.

 B L A C K B E R R Y P A S S P O R T ™ SQW 100 - 1 O S Version 10.3.3.2205 Software Release 10.3.3.1463 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." J O H N 3 : 1 6
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-30-17 12:16 AM
  16. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Tegar, to use the FM radio you need to connect your headphone to your device because you headphone operates as your radio antenna. Open the music app and tap the pop up menu button at the bottom left select Radio.

thanks bro, I saw it, but I don't brings headset hhehe

01-30-17 12:35 AM
    And what do u guys think if u compare this phone to any of android phones and apple phones which got all the apps to run and also many of them are free to use and they can also support google play servicess what about that and what do u guys think of it

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 02:51 AM
    The BlackBerry PP SE is easily the best phone ever created to date and I've had a Priv also.

Sure OS 10 helps this but it's also how it feels the way it looks and the creative factor as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 03:07 AM
    1. It is a unique form factor which will attract attention. But this uniqueness come with both advantages and disadvantages. It just depends on your needs
    2. At launch it was a truly flagship phone in terms of specs. And as a matter of fact it is the only BB10 device that could have been considered a flagship device at launch.
    01-30-17 04:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are a couple thing that make the Passport special. The first being the name. Many phone today just have boring numbers like iPhone 5,6,7 or Galaxy S4,5,6,7,8 its just another iteration, whereas the "Passport", "Classic", "PRIV", "Leap" all have names which i like.

The next would be the physical dimensions coupled with a keyboard. Very few devices today have keyboards and not a 16:9 aspect ratio. (mostly because Android requires it) but still. Its nice to have something 'different'

Obviously the Software OS its running makes its special. Very fluid, very 'productive' and keeps things nicely organised in the HUB.
    01-30-17 05:41 AM
  21. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Matty;12746829]There are a couple thing that make the Passport special. The first being the name. Many phone today just have boring numbers like iPhone 5,6,7 or Galaxy S4,5,6,7,8 its just another iteration, whereas the "Passport", "Classic", "PRIV", "Leap" all have names which i like.

I agree with you

01-30-17 06:00 AM
    And what do u guys think if u compare this phone to any of android phones and apple phones which got all the apps to run and also many of them are free to use and they can also support google play servicess what about that and what do u guys think of it

Posted via CB10
    Personally I don't use that many apps. Most of what I need is in BBW and the few other Androids were installed following Cobalt fix - Big THANKS to the man.
    So the Passport will be with me for a quite a while.

Posted from my  Passport
    01-30-17 10:23 AM
    Should I get a new passport? I have had it since 2014 and I am on it constantl with emails and calls. My battery life is at 6 hours before I need to re-charge.
    01-31-17 04:00 AM
    Should I get a new passport? I have had it since 2014 and I am on it constantl with emails and calls. My battery life is at 6 hours before I need to re-charge.
    Just replace the battery.
    01-31-17 06:12 AM
    Get a SE and sell the old for repair.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-31-17 09:30 AM
48 12