Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 02:50 PM
    BlackBerry Weather app and BlackBerry Browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 02:56 PM
    Blackberry weather app and fast tube/supertube.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-05-16 02:57 PM
    I had a z30 before my priv and now this phone and I must be honest I'm little burnt out on default weather app

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 03:25 PM
    Accuweather and weather channel are both good. Just use the native bb10 app for youtube. It's a Web app but works just fine

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    04-05-16 04:47 PM
    Fast tube works great

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 05:22 PM
    B weather pro!! By far the best. Right to the minute.
    04-05-16 05:24 PM
    BeWeather and FastTube. These two apps are better than anything on any other platform.
    brian4591 and Zeratul57 like this.
    04-05-16 05:25 PM
    Beweather for the weather.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 05:46 PM
    Stereo Tube is a good Youtube app. It has a built in playlist that mirrors the trending iTunes song.

For weather, it probably depends on where you live. BeWeather is pretty good in the USA, not as good in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 06:12 PM
    WeatherEye from Weather Network in Canada is a great app.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 07:18 PM
    I had a z30 before my priv and now this phone and I must be honest I'm little burnt out on default weather app

Posted via CB10
    I have used both FastTube and SuperTube, FastTube is better, but browser is still better than those two.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 12:12 AM
    For weather I use accuweather (both BlackBerry and android versions), bb version for occasional checks and android for smartwatch notifications.
    About youtube, I use the android app (thanks to cobalt) but I find myself using the web versions quite often, as I don't really like the available third-party options out there on bb world.

 Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you! PP OG 
    04-06-16 01:00 AM
    Go to Weather Underground and select your location then "add to home page" by clicking bottom right dots. They have ten days of forecast and you can choose graph, table or descriptive. I use descriptive and it gives detailed summary for day and night. Much superior to AccuWeather app!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 09:49 AM
    I just use the default weather app. Most give similar info, it just depends on visual preference.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 11:21 AM
    BeWeather and FastTube. These two apps are better than anything on any other platform.
    My same two picks

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 11:38 AM
    BeWeather, Accuweather, Blackberry Weather etc.

Youtube - browser

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    04-06-16 11:57 AM
    BeWeather, Accuweather, Blackberry Weather etc.

Youtube - browser

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    See, FastTube offers preloading. Every time I show an iOS or Android user FastTube, they are amazed. Background audio, preloaded library, organized in user defined playlist folders. It's the best. Probably the best travel app, as there are so many documentaries on youtube. Oh, and no ads.
    04-06-16 07:16 PM
    good point regading fastube
    04-07-16 03:15 AM
    good point regading fastube
    only drawback is not having the "Play On..." feature so that I can play videos on the hotel TV in 16x9. Not an issue for Z30, but it sucks for the Passport. It can't be difficult to implement, but the FastTube dev won't respond to my requests (even when BB10 still had a future).
    04-07-16 10:04 AM
    only drawback is not having the "Play On..." feature so that I can play videos on the hotel TV in 16x9. Not an issue for Z30, but it sucks for the Passport. It can't be difficult to implement, but the FastTube dev won't respond to my requests (even when BB10 still had a future).
    I would recommend SuperTube, the developer is really quick in responding. You can sign in to your YouTube account, change the viewing mode of the video and preload them. It also has a "Play on TV" option which works with SmartTVs and other devices with a YouTube app.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    04-07-16 10:13 AM
    I would recommend SuperTube, the developer is really quick in responding. You can sign in to your YouTube account, change the viewing mode of the video and preload them. It also has a "Play on TV" option which works with SmartTVs and other devices with a YouTube app.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    SuperTube has a floaty, unusably bad user interface. And I can't find the Play On feature anywhere.

It does retain preloaded video metadata, hyperlinks, video information...so that is definitely an improvement over FastTube. And it does have more power-user features.
    04-07-16 12:03 PM
    In all honesty I use the browser for Youtube, you can add the homepage or the page of your favourite channels to your homescreen.
    For the weather app I also use the stock default weather app and hotkey it to, say, the key 'V' so when I wake up in the morning all I need to do it hold down the 'V' key and I got the weather report in my face.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 01:32 PM
    SuperTube has a floaty, unusably bad user interface. And I can't find the Play On feature anywhere.

It does retain preloaded video metadata, hyperlinks, video information...so that is definitely an improvement over FastTube. And it does have more power-user features.
    I do agree the UI is a bit confusing, although wouldn't call it unusable. You just need to explore it a bit more, the app has some really cool features.

Something I highly appreciate is the customer support, the developer is easily the best I've dealt with. I encourage you to try at least the free version and if you have doubts, contact the developer Marco Bavagnoli. He has actually been featured in BlackBerry's official blog.

Regarding the "Play On TV" feature, press the three dots to the right. Once the option is "enabled" just choose the video and the next screen will prompt you to choose/pair a device. Enter the device's code as shown on its own YouTube app and it should work.

Note: Marco does mention it is a only a beta feature, but it generally works fine. I suggest you read the corresponding help section, I'm attaching some screenshots. Likewise, it seems the device's code expires after about a month, so you will need to re-enter it afterwards (as can be seen in the second image).What's a good weather and youtube app for passport?-supertube1.jpgWhat's a good weather and youtube app for passport?-supertube2.jpgWhat's a good weather and youtube app for passport?-supertube3.jpg
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 04-07-16 at 03:59 PM.
    04-07-16 02:20 PM
    wow, great post, very informative. thank you.
    04-07-16 09:57 PM
26 12