Contacted my local Bell store about the BlackBerry Passport and they had no idea when it was coming in or if they were getting it

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 10:50 PM
    It's coming after the exclusivity deal with Telus expires

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    09-24-14 10:51 PM
    Same with Rogers, they are all playing dumb until the exclusive is up

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick@ss BlackBerry Passport
    09-24-14 10:53 PM
    Same with Rogers, they are all playing dumb until the exclusive is up

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick@ss BlackBerry Passport
    Playing dumb?

There's been no mention of the release date. Nothing internally. Period.

Can't play dumb when there's nothing to play dumb about.
    09-24-14 11:49 PM
    Actually they've already got the pricing up. Considering the Telus introductory price deal is until end of September, I'm pretty sure I know the Bell release date.

Posted with my awesome Z10 on Bell
    09-25-14 12:02 AM
    They should at least tell something to their customer instead of playing dumb.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 12:08 AM
    Bell is being ignorant as usual when it comes to Blackberry, I went to the my local Bell store inquired about the Passport the salesman says "Oh we have a few of them in the back." I asked to see one he says "Oh we have no demo units available." I ask him the price he says oh I'm not sure." Absolutely no advertising signs or displays could be seen in the store, as well as any dummy units. To add insult to injury as I was leaving he pulls out of his pocket the new IPhone 6 and says "You want to take a look?"
    09-25-14 12:37 AM
    09-25-14 12:41 AM
    Playing dumb?

There's been no mention of the release date. Nothing internally. Period.

Can't play dumb when there's nothing to play dumb about.
    Well my buddy found someone yesterday that gave then the lowdown of October 1, so he needs to call back on Oct 1 to get his shipped.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-25-14 09:55 AM
    Bell is officially launching the passport on October 1st. You can pre-order though.
    Blackberry Passport from Bell Mobility | Bell Canada
    09-25-14 10:01 AM
    Telus has always been the most friendly out of the major carriers in terms of BlackBerry.
    So it shouldn't come as a surprise that BB is making it exclusive to Telus for the time being
    In fact, I think it's a good move
    09-25-14 10:06 AM
    Seriously guys... everytime someone call the local store for info, 99% of the time, the infos are wrong. So we really take those informations with a grain of salt... especially that it's proven wrong again!

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-25-14 10:33 AM
    Bell doesn't only have phone... they also have a website... you know... Mobile phones, TV, Internet and Home phone service | Bell Canada

On this one the passport was shown since launch
    09-25-14 12:52 PM
    I spoke to a Bell dealer yesterday. It only came up in their ordering system late in the morning. There had been no advance word whatsoever.

I pre-booked one with him and expect to have it next week.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:07 PM
    Thunderbuck is Correct,

Bell emailed me to notify of the passport preorder late last night.

availability seems the same with Rogers, spoke to a couple Rogers store owners we know and they said first week of October is when they will receive stock
    09-25-14 02:41 PM
    Contacted my local Bell store about the BlackBerry Passport and they had no idea when it was coming in or if they were getting it

Posted via CB10
    Oh they know (the upper management) - just not the reg salespeople - Telus has the exclusive until next week, after that Bell, Rogers etc should start offering them. (as I understand it to be)

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:15 PM
    BGK is 100% correct first week of oct Bell and Rogers will have them available for sale
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-25-14 03:36 PM
    BGK is 100% correct first week of oct Bell and Rogers will have them available for sale
    Bell showing $749 off contract and $299 on 2 year...so much for chen's 599 deal
    09-25-14 04:36 PM
    Here's my experience talking to Bell yesterday: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-story-961299/
    09-25-14 04:41 PM
    My Bell corporate store didn't have any info either, they didn't know that telus had it already but they did say they were getting them and soon. I feel like corporate left the sales teams out of the loop on this one. I was happy to find my store was not anti-blackberry at all, they cautioned on the size but said that it has lots of cool features (nothing new to me)
    I went to telus tried it out and went back to Bell to educate them first hand, they got very excited and the manager and two of the employees were heading to the telus store when they got a break to go try it out. They had forgotten about the touch sensitive keyboard and it re-sparked their interest.
    Another employee, overhearing our discussion, piped up and said with a lot of excitement "And now its super easy to install Android Apps!!"
    I put my name down to hold one upon arrival next week, i joked that i might not need to reserve one and they said "I would, we have had a lot of corporate type people asking about it"
    09-25-14 05:07 PM
    Here's my experience talking to Bell yesterday: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-story-961299/
    Better than Rogers on Monday for me, Business Care (Margaret) was trying to tell me I needed to call the government of Canada to get a passport. ( No Joke).

09-25-14 05:17 PM
    Well my buddy found someone yesterday that gave then the lowdown of October 1, so he needs to call back on Oct 1 to get his shipped.

That got uploaded to one source, I saw it today.

Don't know if my store is getting any to sell for launch though. I'm hoping so, we are pretty pro BB in our location (contrary to some posters accusations about me heh)
    09-25-14 11:59 PM