Ladies and Gents,

really quick! I had a hard time transferring huge photos (1 GB) of my US trip! With many folders (party, trips, etc).

I opened up BB Link and Blend and decided to transfer it via drag and drop with my Mac.

So from my HDD to the BB Media Card! Went all good.

But then I wanted to check it on my Passport. Media scanning took ages. Googled the same problem. Take card out, rebooting, put sd card in, etc. Nothing worked. Thankfully I watched superbowl, so I made that 9 times. But it won't work!

So I put my Passport via USB on my Mac and deleted all the photos which I had transferred, and thank god: All is like before!

So, how do you guys transfer huge files without problem onto your Blackberry?
    02-01-15 10:42 PM
    Pull the SD card out, slide into card reader on computer and transfer away.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 10:45 PM
    Turn on Mass Storage mode and transfer from computer to SD card via Windows Explorer.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-01-15 10:46 PM
    Generally I will transfer files via link over wifi back and forth between my PC and Passport without issue
    02-01-15 10:47 PM
    Ladies and Gents,

really quick! I had a hard time transferring huge photos (1 GB) of my US trip! With many folders (party, trips, etc).

I opened up BB Link and Blend and decided to transfer it via drag and drop with my Mac.

So from my HDD to the BB Media Card! Went all good.

But then I wanted to check it on my Passport. Media scanning took ages. Googled the same problem. Take card out, rebooting, put sd card in, etc. Nothing worked. Thankfully I watched superbowl, so I made that 9 times. But it won't work!

So I put my Passport via USB on my Mac and deleted all the photos which I had transferred, and thank god: All is like before!

So, how do you guys transfer huge files without problem onto your Blackberry?
    Usually, good old drag and drop from a folder on my computer to the desired folder on my BlackBerry or my microSD.

One of the reasons why I still like BlackBerry so much. File transfers don't get any simpler than that.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-01-15 10:51 PM
    Thnaks for so many answers already fine sirs!

I don't know why I had troubles. The "media scanning" just took me so long!

BUt I might have forgot to put the "mass storage on". When I wanted to delete my pics, I switched it on, and all of a sudden the "3" files from Blackberry on my Mac were just "1" BB folder. There I deleted the pics.

I will try that again later that day, because it took me so long with that annoying "media scanning". As stated, good ol' drag and drop are bestest at BB phones.

I will try that out, because I found awesome old photos from my 10 years old USA trip! So why not watching and having them on that great Passport, right?

It would be awesome, since I am emotionally so attached to that great times over there.

I will keep you updated.

PS: Does it make trouble when you drag, for example "USA year" (with subfolders) into SD Card folder for "photos"?
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-01-15 10:58 PM