I want to know where is the backup of what's app chats is saved. There is no option to save on cloud or media card. I'm using BlackBerry Passport silver edition.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 01:22 AM
    Device/misc/whatsapp/backup

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by H4zN; 12-13-15 at 07:28 AM.
    12-13-15 01:26 AM
    How to restore it to another devvice like android or iPhone or in BlackBerry passport

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 06:48 AM
    The backup files are differently encrypted on each platform (BB10, iOS, Android) so they are not compatible with each other.
    That means you can't move your backup file to the other phone and get your chat history back.

But with the launch of the Priv and the rising demand for a transfer to the Android Platform, our BB10 whatsapp developer has built a function into the latest WhatsApp beta (available in BlackBerry Beta Zone - try looking for it) that made it possible to create a backup file which can be used on an Android device.

You need to have the latest WhatsApp beta version installed on your BB10 device and then go to "Settings -> Media Settings -> Export conversations for Android".

Edit: Note that this feature is inofficial and unsupported, there is no guarantee that it has to work and (as I understood it) was just a gentle move from our WhatsApp BB10 developer to make it possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 07:26 AM
    BlackBerry to Android: https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/20902622

BlackBerry to BlackBerry: Use BlackBerry Link to backup and restore or move the backup file to device/misc/whatsapp/backup before download and installing whatsapp. It will prompt you to restore the saved chats. BlackBerry Link is the easiest way though.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 07:27 AM