Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:45 PM
    Why not? I'd try it.
    03-10-15 10:09 PM
    No thanks. Stylus not for me.
    03-10-15 10:37 PM
    No stylus for me thanks. Besides, you could use a capacitive one now if your a glutton for punishment

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    03-10-15 11:37 PM
    I won't say a stylus is a bad idea, but BlackBerry should stick with either 16:9 or 1:1, other shapes at this stage of the game aren't worth messing with.

Posted via CB10 from my "phdesktop", the BlackBerry Passport
    03-10-15 11:39 PM
    The soul of BlackBerry has always been the KB. All touch and stylus would become a Samsung wannabe IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 02:27 AM
    Didn't some of the early PDA phones use stylus (styli?). Maybe these weren't phones, I just remember my brother showing me that feature on his pda 8 years ago or so.

As far as stylus use I got the Note2 because of the stylus. I thought I would use it all of the time. Turns out I rarely used it. Not sure I would use it on the Passport but it does seem like a natural option for a device such as this.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-11-15 03:48 AM
    if the stylus has enhanced usability and features built in, then I would welcome it I guess. My worry is, that most people I know that have used a stylus, they end up loosing it, even when it has special storage space on the phone itself like the note. So I am not a big fan of it.

The palms had stylus and was very hard to operate them back then without one, but not the case with the passport; only if it brought some big added value feature I would consider it (like notes taking storage and transfer ability or something of the like)

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 04:01 AM
    Saw a Palm the other day, LoL.

Anyway, as to the people who worry about the aspect ratio it's just math. If an app is designed correctly it should be usable though it may not look as good.

I would welcome any high end spec device that increases the BlackBerry footprint in the marketplace and sells well enough to make BlackBerry profit.

One of the things that made BlackBerry successful in the past was choice.

� Working WIDE � T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267 � Sachesi update to 10.3.1.2280 Flickering Gone �
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-11-15 06:08 AM
    Only if it doesn't scratch the screen. But probably not, I have a Windows tablet with a stylus, and it's barely big enough for what I need to write and draw. Meh.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-11-15 07:11 AM
    I had a Note 2 back in the day and have been using pennable tablets for quite awhile. A stylus on a screen this small, Wacom or not, seems really gimmicky to me. I could count the times on one hand that I used the Note 2's stylus, and it wasn't even for anything productive.

A 4.5" screen is still incredibly small to write comfortably on. It's like a big post it note. It just seems easier to type what you need on the PKB.
    04-23-15 06:06 PM
    I'd rather just have the original Passport. With the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 06:41 PM
    I'd rather just have the original Passport. With the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I love my Passport that said boy did I make fun of them until I bought one.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    04-23-15 07:54 PM
    I currently use BlackBerry 's "Hand Stylus" for drawing on my Passport with amazing apps from "Autodesk" found in Google's play store, and it works great! Still I love the qwerty keyboard for all it offers.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:47 PM
    I'm an amateur but I used an adonit jot pro stylus with the sketchbook app and managed to do this while waiting for class
    What are your thoughts of an all touch Passport with a stylus pen as the Samsung Note series or is t-sketch_assitive_25.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:51 PM
    I agree that a stylus for the Passport with added features would be perfect. As an artist drawing on my Passport is the coolest with that screen size. I do worry about loosing my stylus.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:54 PM
    A new slider with slide out physical keyboard and large screen would make sense with stylus.

Otherwise, with normal candy bar like form factor means that the screen has to compromise for keyboard and would never be big enough to be productive with stylus.

Just my 2 cents worth.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    04-23-15 09:10 PM
    That will be the LG Vu. It's already been tested. It's a flop. Unless BlackBerry can solve the resolution issue. If not there will be app compatibility issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:13 PM
    Why not, I think it might indeed be an interesting idea. However I think the hype generated by the Note series is quite ironic: It seems like almost everybody was glad to finally getting rid of it the stylus once the iPhone appeared, others quickly followed, especially the new Android devices.
    Now, a few years later, that infamous input method is finally back and it seems like more and more people want it.

Then there is the physical keyboard, an input method which was still rather famous even in some of the later Nokia polls, which silently disappeared without any cheers and people find it awkward it stays alive in an absolute minority of devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:22 PM
    Unnecessary. Moving around and doing things on the Passport is fast enough as it is. To be honest, I had a Note 2 and 3 and I must have taken out the pen just once or twice on either device. The stylus tracking was poor and the Samsung S apps were crap.

Hoping we never see that mess in the Blackberry ecosystem.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    04-23-15 09:27 PM
    The Passport for itself is already a great device both size-wise and performance-wise. Just enought for thumbs to scribble directly on an all touch surface, since I scribble via hand writing whenever I type Chinese characters. Ditch the stylus... How about a capacitive back casing?

via Passport
    04-23-15 09:43 PM
    Brother

Please help to me to get Google playstore in my bb passport, i got SNAP, there is no searching option.
    Please give me the method to get google play store,

Vamsi .
    04-25-15 07:37 AM
    Brother

Please help to me to get Google playstore in my bb passport, i got SNAP, there is no searching option.
    Please give me the method to get google play store,

Vamsi .
    You can follow this thread as this Uber driver uses a patch to make Google services work for him on his Passport.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1012521

Otherwise go directly to the link he posted there on the first page:
    https://app.box.com/s/rc7k9f96wcbbn7hj3xr6bqfmmtfg8y9l

Oops I read your post wrong - thought you wanted Google Play Services.

Once you signed on with your Gmail account nothing happens?

To BB or not to BB?
    04-25-15 08:10 AM
    A stylus would be great for business users because of the ability to accept signatures directly on the device, sign PDFs, jot down quick notes, etc.

My main portable computer is a Surface Pro which has a wacom pen/digitzer much like the Note devices. Taking notes, writing, and drawing on it is great (especially with OneNote), but I'd imagine the same experience on a smaller screen would be less enjoyable.

With that said, I'd love to have a pen to use on my PP that isn't a crappy capacitive one.
    04-25-15 10:11 AM
    I think stylus can be really good for productivity.
    It will only add extra to the BlackBerry arsenal. One can screenwrite and sign many things.

I wouldn't mind the idea to be honest.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-25-15 10:41 AM
41 12