So my Z30 a busted GPS antennae, and I want to replace it with a Passport. I have 6 months of contract left, so no phone subsidy, and I am reluctant to layout $650 CAD for a new device with the future of BB10 up in the air. So am looking on kijiji for a device to hold me over for 6 months.

I have a guy with a passport that wants $250 CAD. Sounds Great! But then he sent me a picture titled scratch on space key: What would you pay for....-img_0050.jpg
    He says: "Just got scratched by some tool. The back got something on it and I rubbed it and this surface pealed some."

The blackberry tradeup program would give me $160 CAD for it if I decided to trade it in on another BB.

I am meeting the guy tomorrow to see it in person, but I don't feel like paying $250 CAD for it. Do you guys feel it is worth $250 CAD?
    08-19-15 03:27 PM
    Hate to say it. But 250 is a good "used" price. Depends on how bad the scratches are.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 03:31 PM
    Get him to take $50 off. That scratch is nasty. You should be asking yourself if it is really worth it to buy a Passport from someone who would be careless enough to allow to tool to even come near their device like that. Show me anyways that the owner is careless, who knows what else is wrong. Too bad you're not in Toronto, I have a couple of used, but decent Z30s to sell.
    08-19-15 05:37 PM
    How much are u selling the z30 for @Ryan?

Also, I think the price of the passport is a good deal but your point is a good one.

#bb4life #TriniAmericanRedPassport
    08-19-15 05:44 PM
    I would pass. Wonder what story he made up on the reason he is selling? Personally, I think a tool fell on it, could be internally damaged. Try typing on it for 10 minutes

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-19-15 05:47 PM
    Well it could get awkward with me typing on it for 10 minutes while he looks on. But yeah, I will do a typing test, GPS test. Pop sim in and see if it sounds good when I call out. Pop uSSD in and see how music sounds on speakers. Likely won't be able to test wifi.

He email sig says "Sent from my iPhone", so I am guessing that is his reason for selling.

From his quote, it sounds like he may have some peeling action on the back too.... I have asked him for clarification.

Yeah, that is what I am asking myself: Anyone who abuses something that much, what else have they trashed. I picture this guy showing up with oil stained sweatpants, and a wife beater shirt.

I guess it it may be worth $250, but I think I would just rather pay a few hundred more and get one that is in good shape. I am so anal about keeping things in new condition, not even sure I want it. I think I can stomach $200.
    Last edited by snowsquirrel; 08-19-15 at 05:59 PM. Reason: grammar, etc, selling reason
    08-19-15 05:55 PM
    Well it could get awkward with me typing on it for 10 minutes while he looks on.

From his quote, it sounds like he may have some peeling action on the back too.... I have asked him for clarification.

Yeah, that is what I am asking myself: Anyone who abuses something that much, what else have they trashed. I picture this guy showing up with oil stained sweatpants, and a wife beater shirt.

I guess it it may be worth $250, but I think I would just rather pay a few hundred more and get one that is in good shape. I think I can stomach $200.
    ROTFLMAO. You better pass on this one then. Others will come your way..

#bb4life #TriniAmericanRedPassport
    08-19-15 05:57 PM
    Used phones or any electronic equipment are "hit or miss" deals. Personally, I try to always buy new. The extra bucks are worth the warranty alone and I don't have to kick myself later if something goes bad.

I bought an ATT Passport from Ebay a few months back. Phone was in great condition and fired right up. Found no problems whatsoever.....until I tried to unlock it. It was tied to a business account (BES) and could not get unlocked without the consent of the business. That alone was a reason to sell it while I could still get $400 for it (I let people know about the unlocking issue).

So I'm now waiting for my SE Passport to be delivered and I have no problem with the extra cash.....it's always worth it.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-19-15 07:13 PM
    Well it could get awkward with me typing on it for 10 minutes while he looks on. But yeah, I will do a typing test, GPS test. Pop sim in and see if it sounds good when I call out. Pop uSSD in and see how music sounds on speakers. Likely won't be able to test wifi.

He email sig says "Sent from my iPhone", so I am guessing that is his reason for selling.

I guess it it may be worth $250, but I think I would just rather pay a few hundred more and get one that is in good shape. I am so anal about keeping things in new condition, not even sure I want it. I think I can stomach $200.
    I do a lot of Kijiji business myself. I have no problems delaying people or taking my time to test things. I let the seller know that I wanna be absolutely sure that the product works before I leave with it.

If you are not comfortable doing the deal, then perhaps you should take a pass on this one.

For AYE, selling the Z30 for $150. Figure that's a decent price for a used phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    08-19-15 07:33 PM
    What does AYE mean?

Yeah I found a local refurbished who will give me $100 for my nice z30 that GPS doesn't work on. So I would $150 is a good price for yours.

Looks like I can order a new one keyboard for $70 shipped, so if it bothers me, I may do that. And I assume a new back isn't too much either. So if I pay $200, and put $100 in repairs they I should have a good condition Passport for $300, which seems reasonable.

If I wasn't worried about bb10, I'd shell out for a new SE, it really is a beauty.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 08:05 PM
    What do you mean by being worried about bb10?
    08-19-15 08:41 PM
    AYE is part of a forum members name that replied to this thread

Or it can stand for are you experienced Jimi H

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-19-15 08:42 PM
    Haha, I was googling 'AYE acronym'.

By worried, I just meant that if BlackBerry switches to Android, or straps the android RT in 10.4, or whatever, I really don't know what I would do, but want to keep options open I guess. And a new SE is a big spend for me right now, when 6 months from now BlackBerry and the devs could have their weight behind a different os. Anyway, there are other threads on this, and this wild speculation and ensuing discussion should likely be contained there.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 08:51 PM
    If cosmetics are all that's wrong with the Passport then $250 is a steal. It's a little sad that the OP has 300+ posts so is obviously a BB fan and should know the value of a used Passport seldom goes below $400. I'm a little disappointed that in the time you created this thread and waited for comments, nobody ran to the seller and bought it.

We BlackBerry fans really need to start spamming some Passport hashtags or whatever the young kids do these days to spread the word.

Anyway, no offence intended to the OP. I would buy it and use it as a project device to practise restoration. There are automobile products that are very useful in the electronics world when one needs to do some detailing: high grit sandpaper, plastic replenishing sprays etc.. I'm sure you could get it looking good as new in no time... Just make sure there's nothing functionally wrong with it.
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    08-19-15 09:09 PM
    buy it and get a new keyboard replaced.
    08-19-15 09:17 PM
    AYEBRonze is the guy that posted above asking for the price for the Z30 I am selling.
    08-20-15 01:00 AM