Hello all,

I know this post may be too early but still
    I wanted to ask what would you people like to see in the successor of blackberry passport?

I would like to see
    - space bar in a separate row, like q10 keyboard, and also with numbers and shift , . etc
    - even higher mAh battery
    and all latest things specs wise,
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    12-29-14 09:23 AM
    Hello all,

I wanted to ask what would you people like to see in the successor of blackberry passport?

I would like to see
    - space bar in a separate row, like q10 keyboard, and also with numbers and shift , . etc
    All I would want is a bigger battery, specs really don't matter on BB10. Even a Raspberry Pi would be able to run BB10 OS lol.
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    12-29-14 09:25 AM
    Decent camera whether it's the software or the hardware.
    12-29-14 09:42 AM
    I still want physical call send and end keys. They could even put them somewhere else,like above the screen or on the sides.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 10:48 AM
    Dual SIM support.
    AMOLED screen.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport.
    GeoK, BoldMaverick and kthhrrsn like this.
    12-29-14 10:56 AM
    +FM transmitter.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport.
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    12-29-14 10:59 AM
    Honestly, in terms of hardware, there's nearly nothing I'd change. Only thing I dislike is the slimport. I'd rather have the same HDMI port of the Z30, Z10 and Q10.

Everything I want on this device is software and OS related.

A big update to a lot of the bugs and some feature additions is all it would take to keep me happy!

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    cbosdell likes this.
    12-29-14 11:12 AM
    I haven't used passport myself, but doesn't the space button between 'v' and 'b' feels awkward in typing? I feel it would be better if they added a fourth row and put space bar in that fourth row.
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    12-29-14 11:26 AM
    Hello all,

I would like to see
    These threads are the reason for a huge amount of confusion. Not pun the OP. But still.

You can't enjoy your great Passport and you still need another "fire in the head" with this? Just enjoy with what you have now. Live in the present. Not in the past. It's over. Not in the future. It's not there! FFS!
    12-29-14 11:29 AM
    One simple thing: CDMA support for Verizon customers!
    12-29-14 11:38 AM
    AMOLED screen (deep blacks, better contrast)
    Better Camera and much better Camera Software (manual aperture for example)
    Keys slightly moved upward (my thumbs tend to naturally rest on the top row and I have to bend them to reach the bottom keys, feels slightly awkward)
    Narrow bezzel on the sides (-2mm per side, to fit better in my pocket, getting it out is more of an issue)
    Slightly rounded corners (to help with sliding into or out of pockets, less protrusion when sitting, and it will look better, not a big fan of Z3 style)
    More speed (it's good now but it can always be better)

Regardless of my list I still love my Passport.
    Last edited by deptech; 12-29-14 at 12:07 PM.
    12-29-14 11:44 AM
    I haven't used passport myself, but doesn't the space button between 'v' and 'b' feels awkward in typing? I feel it would be better if they added a fourth row and put space bar in that fourth row.
    The keyboard takes some getting used to, without a doubt. However, the spacebar was never really an issue for me. Muscle memory adjusts pretty quickly. I think the keyboard layout is quite perfect.
    Most everything I would like improved on the Passport will hopefully come in the way of updates. I'm not looking for a successor for quite some time. Namely, software tweaks to improve keyboard functionality, including keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste when editing text.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-29-14 12:29 PM
    Space bar? I don't even remember having one?!?!?! Forgetaboutit!
    Battery? Well, the electronics will get smaller and therefore more room for the bigger battery. I'm liking that.

joekiser has an interesting idea with dual SIM. that would be such a game changer for blackberry if they did that. BlackBerry doesn't owe any loyalty to any cel provider, therefore strike out again move from wide to broad...broader spectrum of the cel lines: Dual SIM. I'm up with that!
    How many more business; small and large would opt for that phone?

I could live with a separate HDMI slot as was on the Z10/30, etc.

CDMA for the Verizon customers...that might be helpful.
    Updates to firmware sooner please. I'd like that too.
    Great list so far!!
    12-29-14 12:40 PM
    I thought I would have a problem as well with the spacebar, but have not at all. Works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:43 PM
    These threads are the reason for a huge amount of confusion. Not pun the OP. But still.

You can't enjoy your great Passport and you still need another "fire in the head" with this? Just enjoy with what you have now. Live in the present. Not in the past. It's over. Not in the future. It's not there! FFS!
    Thank you!

I don't think these threads will ever stop, hahahaha :facepalm:

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    mkelley65 likes this.
    12-29-14 02:45 PM
    I want the Passport 2 to be the holster for my rifle!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    12-29-14 02:48 PM
    A decent camera? Thanks to the lack of quality on the PP camera, I went to Android...

Yeah, I know... PP, productive tool. Since I'm a designer, pictures and images are my main focus, so I couldn't allow myself to "work" with that sad excuse of a camera. Agh! Why Blackberry? WHY???
    12-29-14 02:49 PM
    A decent camera? Thanks to the lack of quality on the PP camera, I went to Android...

Yeah, I know... PP, productive tool. Since I'm a designer, pictures and images are my main focus, so I couldn't allow myself to "work" with that sad excuse of a camera. Agh! Why Blackberry? WHY???
    Aha, so you're a designer and you "work" with cameras on mobile phones. Makes a lot of sense!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    nyallj, Tabdus and mkelley65 like this.
    12-29-14 03:00 PM
    12-29-14 03:01 PM
    I don't feel like the hardware is missing anything, but I want the software to update to better utilize it. More colours (or just a standard release of the Red that doesn't cost more) would be nice I suppose. Honestly I have zero gripes with my Passport as a piece of hardware, it's the best phone I've ever used.
    12-29-14 03:17 PM
    Physical call/end keys. That's the only reason why I'm buying Classic and not Passport. Or just the ability to answer calls by pressing space, and end calls by pressing delete or power button.
    12-29-14 05:21 PM
    No Physical keyboard
    12-29-14 05:24 PM
    No it doesn't, trust me once you start using the Passport you will fall in love with it. Takes about a week or so to get to grips with the 3 row keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-29-14 05:48 PM
    I still want physical call send and end keys. They could even put them somewhere else,like above the screen or on the sides.

Posted via CB10
    Then the classic is what you are after in all honesty.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    12-29-14 05:49 PM
    All I would want is a bigger battery, specs really don't matter on BB10. Even a Raspberry Pi would be able to run BB10 OS lol.
    And yet the dual core PlayBook with a gig of ram couldn't...

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    12-30-14 06:10 AM
60 123