I noticed slight lift at the bottom left corner as well. It is not obvious, seems like an adhesive issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:17 AM
    Wow, I'm glad I went for the Z30 instead. Maybe I'll get Passport2.

Z30 STA 100-2
    keepit dry likes this.
    12-15-14 07:41 AM
    Mine is never carried on my person. It's babied all the time. I handle it like fine China.

It is usually in my hand when on the move. Lays on my desk all day. It's my primary business line so I use it on speaker phone with back to back phone calls all day.

When on the road, it sits nice and comfy on my passenger seat, rarely in direct sunlight.

I have the OEM hard shell.

I'm annoyed at this now because I just spent over a hundred bucks on a Lucrin pouch and I was going to use it naked and slip it in the pouch when not in use.

Now this corner popping up makes it ugly and now I'm going to keep the hard shell on as it serves to conceal the stupid lifted cornered.

So much for my hundred bucks.

As I typed this I pushed the corner down three times. Now I have a new distraction.

Arrrgh.

Posted via CB10
    You need to get this repaired. It will get worse as time goes.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:18 AM
    Well Greenberry much as this is annoying I have confidence BlackBerry will sort it out and make improvements.

This inconvenience is temporary.

Other than this it's still an elegant, top end phone and I'd buy another one in a second.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:23 AM
    Well Greenberry much as this is annoying I have confidence BlackBerry will sort it out and make improvements.

This inconvenience is temporary.

Other than this it's still an elegant, top end phone and I'd buy another one in a second.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I'm still tempted. So much awesomeness in it. But with the same issue popping up for various people, I'm a bit wary. I'm sitting tight for a while.

Z30 STA 100-2
    12-15-14 10:16 AM
    Man I sure hope this doesn't happen to me. I'd gladly accept that my keys are ever so slightly unevenly lit.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 01:58 PM
    Because it is to big.
    And the passport bend. There's a thread about it

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:54 PM
    Every q10 I have ever purchased has had this problem (I have purchased over 10)

I suspect every passport has this problem.

With the q10 it always starts to lift at the top and on the left.

From reading the numerous posts about passports having this issue - along with common problems with light leakage from the keyboard and keys malfunctioning, I decided to stick with my Z30.

I understand BlackBerry will at some point be outsourcing their phone manufacturing to a third party. Until then, I would not touch another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 04:29 PM
    I can't believe this to be a common issue. It can't happen to all units. That's just poor for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:09 PM
    I can't believe this to be a common issue. It can't happen to all units. That's just poor for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    It isn't happening to every device and it won't happen to every device. However, the fact that it is happening as frequently as it is, is very concerning. I warned about this some time ago. I think newer batches of devices are less likely to have this issue. The devices most at risk appear to be those that were sold first. There is a noticeable change in the "fit" of the screen in respect to the frame on newer devices compared to the first batches. The first batches sometimes had very prominent gaps between the screen and the frame. The one where my screen split had a 1/2mm gap between the keyboard and the screen. You could literally see the frame with the adhesive underneath. It would collect huge amounts of dust too in the grooves. BlackBerry appears to have tightened some of these tolerances in more recent devices. None of my last four devices had this issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:46 PM
    It isn't happening to every device and it won't happen to every device. However, the fact that it is happening as frequently as it is, is very concerning. I warned about this some time ago. I think newer batches of devices are less likely to have this issue. The devices most at risk appear to be those that were sold first. There is a noticeable change in the "fit" of the screen in respect to the frame on newer devices compared to the first batches. The first batches sometimes had very prominent gaps between the screen and the frame. The one where my screen split had a 1/2mm gap between the keyboard and the screen. You could literally see the frame with the adhesive underneath. It would collect huge amounts of dust too in the grooves. BlackBerry appears to have tightened some of these tolerances in more recent devices. None of my last four devices had this issue.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the clarification.

I just got my phone and it appears to be well built except the illumination of certain keys are not as 'even'. Slight fade.

In ok and can live with it if the rest of the phone is solid.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the clarification.

I just got my phone and it appears to be well built except the illumination of certain keys are not as 'even'. Slight fade.

In ok and can live with it if the rest of the phone is solid.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, I love the phone too much that I can tolerate the screen lift and occasional screen turn on during call. Fixed the lift by applying a little glue as someone suggested here.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:05 AM
    Same here, I love the phone too much that I can tolerate the screen lift and occasional screen turn on during call. Fixed the lift by applying a little glue as someone suggested here.

Posted via CB10
    Can you please post the brand of glue you used? Would help with the trial and error which almost always causes more damage

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you have a warranty issue in the future you're screwed since you effectively voided your warranty by using glue on the screen.
    12-16-14 01:12 PM
    I would only perform any DIY at-home remedies as an absolute last resort. Contact your retailer and try and get a replacement. This phone came out, what? 3 months ago? Every single Passport in the hands of consumers should still be in warranty. Only when the retailer and BlackBerry outright refuse to replace your device, which is a sad state of affairs, but has already happened to some... Only then would I pursue fixing the device myself...
    12-16-14 03:58 PM
    The question is, is the peeling indicative of the start for the screen falling right off the phone?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:01 PM
    Can you please post the brand of glue you used? Would help with the trial and error which almost always causes more damage

Posted via CB10
    Ok the glue I used is Selley, it lasted only for a couple of days. Going to try 3M soon, will update here on how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 06:32 AM
    Well it just so happens that today I noticed this same issue on my phone. Here's a picture.

What would cause the screen on Blackberry Passport to "lift"?-img_2171.jpg

I purchased my phone from ShopBlackberry back in early October. I called up customer support today and had to get a case # and RMA# and they will provide a box and label to ship my phone back. They informed me that they will examine the phone and if the lift is determined to be manufacturer defect, they will replace and or fix the phone. If it is not determined to be manufacturer defect, I will have the option to have it repaired at a cost to me. I will update the community with how it goes :-)
    geekaren likes this.
    12-18-14 07:45 PM
    Well it just so happens that today I noticed this same issue on my phone. Here's a picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2171.JPG 
Views:	910 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	321733

I purchased my phone from ShopBlackberry back in early October. I called up customer support today and had to get a case # and RMA# and they will provide a box and label to ship my phone back. They informed me that they will examine the phone and if the lift is determined to be manufacturer defect, they will replace and or fix the phone. If it is not determined to be manufacturer defect, I will have the option to have it repaired at a cost to me. I will update the community with how it goes :-)
    so you will be without a phone then for that period of time which is maybe a month?
    12-18-14 08:01 PM
    Yes get this replaced asap, u got unlucky with this one, good thing it wasn't a new car with a windshield lifting on one side.
    12-18-14 08:03 PM
    I am curious tho, do u use your phone a lot while plugged to the power?
    12-18-14 08:04 PM
    so you will be without a phone then for that period of time which is maybe a month?
    What they told me on the phone was it would take 2-3 business days from when they receive it. I guess we'll see. I have my Z10 to keep me up and running till this gets straightened out.
    12-18-14 08:17 PM
    I am curious tho, do u use your phone a lot while plugged to the power?
    I really only plug it in at night for bed and the occasional laptop for BlackBerry Link.
    12-18-14 08:30 PM
    I've figured out that if you want proper Advance Exchange with BlackBerry, you have to email them with the problem and evidence. Calling them always results in the rep weaseling out. You deserve to get a new phone for that issue upfront.

Here is the link to the page where you can create a ticket directly with BlackBerry. This actually works really well for me. Usually they'll have you set up with an advance exchange within 2-3 days.

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/

I'm not sure if this link even existed when my screen lifted couple of months ago. I wish I knew about it if it did. I would not have had to go through so much hassle and at the end not be able to repair the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:50 PM
    Interesting development for mine.

I posted about my top right corner lifting. Well, I was eyeballing the phone from the bottom, looking along the screen, and I could see the phone was torsionally bent ( corkscrewed) .

So I used both hands to gently bend it back straight, and now that corner barely lifts. Before, it lifted above that black strip of plastic trim that runs along the top of the screen.

After bending it back, when eyeballing it up the surface of the glass from bottom to top, there is still more of that trim piece showing on the left, but now the glass no longer lifts above the trim piece on the right and there is still a sliver of it showing.

Check your phones to see if they are torsionally twisted from handling or accidental pressures.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:18 PM
221 ... 34567 ...