My phone would head up from the top right corner of my phone and I always noticed it. One day I realized my phones screen from the whole bottom had come out of its holster.

The issue here it seems that theres a design flaw, as beautiful as this phone is im super disappointed in seeing that it isn't(and yet relieved) to see others having this issue.

I sent mine through Bell to get repaired, waiting to see if its "physical damage" (which its not) I treated that phone like a baby.

dislike using my Q10 really loved the Passport, felt like a game changer with exception of some issues like the screen lighting up while mid conversation, keyboard lights not turning on during the night.

I really hope they replace the phone keeping my fingers crossed
    07-22-15 02:30 PM
    Mine hasn't lifted at 9mo... cheap glue on such a costly device !! Amazing !!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 02:40 PM
    Anyone remembers how to check the manufacturing date? Mine's a "Made in Mexico 6" one.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 04:03 PM
    On box label I think...

Anyone remembers how to check the manufacturing date? Mine's a "Made in Mexico 6" one.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 04:05 PM
    I just checked and my box says the same thing. Try calling tech support with the serial #.
    07-22-15 04:47 PM
    My screen has started to lift also. It's really disappointing, but now I'll get to see how BlackBerry takes care of their loyal customers.
    Has anyone had any experience with the BlackBerry Advanced Exchange service?

I was told that I would be getting a brand new Passport, not a refurbished device.

I was told by a BlackBerry representative from the RMA department that the process goes as follows.

: call and open a ticket
    : request an Advanced Exchange
    : email them a picture of the issue
    : provide a credit card for them to put a
    " hold " on for $599 which turns out to be $748 when I checked my card. They claimed the $148 difference is for possible taxes.
    : then they ship you a new device and you have 10 days to return the defective
    device or they will charge you the $748 that they have on hold.
    : they also stated that if the device shows any sign of abuse or water damage they'll contact you and advise you of their findings, and that it will not be covered.
    : in this case if you do not send them the new device back they'll apply the $748 that they have on hold.
    : be sure to follow the instructions as far as package labeling when sending the defective device to them, and include all relevant information on the form they send you to sign and send back with the device.

Hope this helps someone out. I'll keep everyone posted, the new device is supposed to be here tomorrow.
    I only had my passport for 4
    Months.
    Last edited by b1aine; 07-22-15 at 07:23 PM.
    MontanaVista likes this.
    07-22-15 05:33 PM
    I believe the adhesive used is in some cases not strong enough to ensure a proper bond. Mine did not lift up but I could see it was slightly higher on the top right where it tends to get the hottest.

I ran the battery down, put it on charge whilst installing a load of apps and updates etc to get the phone as hot as possible. During this time I attached a strong clothes clip to each corner of the screen to push it into place and ensure it was sealed.

It was hot for a couple of hours and I let it cool down with the pegs still in place.

I used the pegs every time I charged it for about a month. Now it appears that the adhesive has cured properly and I no longer need to use pegs, the screen is well and truly fixed in place.

If memory serves, mine was made in november or December.

Clearly, one should not have to do this and BlackBerry are at fault, but that said, mine is fine now.

Perhaps BlackBerry should supply four clothes pegs with the phone as standard equipment.

Posted via CB10
    This post needs to be featured... ^ :-)

Self-help for those who want to help themselves, and don't want to go through a warranty exchange process...

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    andy957 likes this.
    07-22-15 06:45 PM
    I kept putting it in my back pocket because Chen claimed phone was unbendable! Twice I proved him wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 12:44 PM
    My 2nd Blackberry Passport phone replacement was as you described. I gave credit card no. Got a free new phone-no charge as they agreed my screen had lifted up for a second time without any misuse on my part. I only will carry my phone in front cargo shorts pocket or in front zippered compartment of my Northface or Marmot winter coats or vests. No screen lifting issues for months now!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 12:50 PM
    I wonder if this problem occurred in early builds. Mine was built mid-November and is perfect so far.
    Same here my build was exactly on launch month and NADA no scream issues whatsoever!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-23-15 07:36 PM
    Having your passport connected to power while playing games for long periods of time will cause high heat which I believe damages the screen and in some cases lift the screen.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    07-23-15 08:07 PM
    How are you all finding out which batch was made when?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 09:16 PM
    Hi All,

I am new to CrackBerry, please some one help me on how to get refund for the BB Passport which is just 2 months old and has a screen lift issue.
    I contacted the customer care, but they said wait until 3 days to hear from us. But due to the screen lift problem I am little worried

Thank you!
    SacRash
    07-23-15 11:09 PM
    Upadate. So BlackBerry did a great job getting me the replacement in just two days. However, just a few things I noticed out of the package. First, the device is definitely lighter, second, the keyboard appears to be lighter in color, no big deal but noticeable.
    The charging port and the speakers have what appears to be dust in them. The device is supposed to be new but I went over both units inch by inch, and my original device just seems newer to me.
    I'm gonna be sending the original device back on Monday so I hope this one works out.
    Not sure if I could go back to a full touch screen and android full time.
    07-24-15 07:27 PM
    I had that issue arise in mine about 4 months ago. As you stated, the bottom corner lifted. I could easily push it down but slowly it would lift again. I was worried about dust or other particles getting inside so it bugged me, especially since I love this phone more than I ever loved another phone (I still marvel at it daily) I also took very good care of my passport and had had it since launch. I simply took it to a local phone repair shop (UbreakIfix or something, I don't remember the name) - I paid them $40 and they resealed it within the hour. Since then I've had no issues with it.

Hope this alleviates any worry you may be going through!
    07-25-15 03:02 AM
    I should've took mine to one of those places. I'm pretty sure the device they sent me was a refurbished one. I may wait for them to receive my original to see if they can fix it or have them send it back and I'll take it to one of those repair places.
    This sucks because all I've done since I got it was brag to people about how solid and great it is.
    07-26-15 11:30 AM
    Got the same problem mine is loose on 2 sides!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 08:03 AM
    Well, I got my replacement two months ago and its lifting in the exact same location. The lower right corner..BB10, capacitive touch keyboard,swipe and all the features, don't mean anything if they can't even figure out how to keep the screen secured on Blackberrys alleged flagship device.
    They shouldn't even release anymore devices until they fix the issue and offer refunds to people who've spent hard earned money on the passport
    09-26-15 09:52 AM
    Get some quality glue yourself and you'll never experience screen lifting again.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 11:16 AM
    While that may be true...I didn't spend $650 to have to glue something myself. It!s the point....maybe this is why blackberry doesn't really advertise.

I own a speed shop...so let's say you purchase a brand new part from me, and when you notice that it's falling apart...I recommend that you just get some quality glue, and you'll be all set !!!
    09-26-15 12:35 PM
    ^^You can do that... but never wonder why you are losing customers...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 01:37 PM
221 ... 789