Hmm, this is a good question. Out of the people having problems with the screen, where did you buy it from? Wonder if its just a bad batch of phones.
    10-15-14 07:47 AM
    Guys.... I'm not sure but I think my screen is actually beginning to lift in the lower right hand corner It's extremely miniscule but it's absolutely different from the day I bought it.

I notice only due to compression I see the screen move snug to the chasis as it was day 1 on right hand bottom corner compared to no movement on all other corners.

In Squircle I Trust
    Do you have a good camera to take a picture? A third reported instance of this issue would be concerning, especially since it always seems to be the same corner.

Posted via CB10
    GP540 likes this.
    10-15-14 10:06 AM
    I'm waiting to see if it gets worse then I think it is which is minor at the moment it would be so hard to show now it's no where near the previous photos i've seen

In Squircle I Trust
    10-15-14 12:44 PM
    I love bbry, but reading your posts(multiple) leads me to 2 possible conclusions.

A) you work for bbry,
    B) you wish you worked for bbry

Either way you need to cool it.

I am happy your device is solid and that you are pleased with it. Unfortunately that's not why we are all here in discussion.

We are discussing another members evident issue (for whatever reason tbd) with *their* BlackBerry. So please spare us the chatter.

I'm sure if you were to start another thread discussing your solid passport or how the passport is so solid that it would garner much attention...

And

Go!

OP, personally speaking unless I absolutely needed that phone, I'd replace it asap - Why bother with the headache. Go retro for a while and you'll have your BlackBerry back in no time.

Good luck! Hope it works out for ya!

Posted via CB10
    I think you've got some issues there, because he wasn't overreacting at all. The thread is talking about the issues some are experiencing with their screen, and he's simply stating he isn't have that issue. Many would also agree with the ideas he portrayed in his statement and we don't work for BlackBerry. We just love the quality of their phones.

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    Tompire likes this.
    10-15-14 01:19 PM
    I'm worried because I just ordered it from Amazon but I don't live in the US, a friend brings it for me.
    Anyway, did those defective screens had a screen protector on or full case? it might suggest the problem.
    Screen protector and full cases could cause heating issues with some screens which then melts the adhesive that connects the screen to the phone.
    Last edited by mnns; 10-15-14 at 03:13 PM.
    10-15-14 02:43 PM
    What a strange place this can be. I guess you've all seen people post made up issues in the past but that certainly isn't what happened here. I had a legitimate issue with a new phone and came to the experts for input.

By the way, the phone was purchased from a Telus store on the day the Passport was released. Watched them take it out of the box. I was extremely careful with it. Hadn't been dropped at any point. Noticed some of you asking about pocketing. Mine was usually carried in a coat pocket so not really under much pressure at all. No exposure to intense heat either.

Anyway, the issue is being dealt with by BlackBerry right now. I sent them the same screen shots from the other night and they have been great in offering to help me out. Sounds like they'll be sending me a new Passport and taking this one in to have a look.

Thanks to everyone that provided advice in this thread!
    WWBlondieDo and JanuarJaguar like this.
    10-15-14 06:13 PM
    It's been three weeks since release so I doubt much of an issue is there. You may have got the one bad one or it was damaged during packaging. Either way best thing is to get a replacement.

Sent by the wondeful BlackBerry Passport
    10-15-14 06:27 PM
    What a strange place this can be. I guess you've all seen people post made up issues in the past but that certainly isn't what happened here. I had a legitimate issue with a new phone and came to the experts for input.

By the way, the phone was purchased from a Telus store on the day the Passport was released. Watched them take it out of the box. I was extremely careful with it. Hadn't been dropped at any point. Noticed some of you asking about pocketing. Mine was usually carried in a coat pocket so not really under much pressure at all. No exposure to intense heat either.

Anyway, the issue is being dealt with by BlackBerry right now. I sent them the same screen shots from the other night and they have been great in offering to help me out. Sounds like they'll be sending me a new Passport and taking this one in to have a look.

Sounds good! Please do update us on how it goes!

10-15-14 09:34 PM
    Did they offer you an exchange? When I called bby all they offered was a refund, with the option of purchasing a new one after I get my refund. I was shocked and disappointed by the lack of an exchange option.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:00 AM

So most likely poorly put together (not design but assembled incorrectly) or a bad adhesive. If it was a design flaw most likely the interwebs would be filled with 'BB SUCKS!' and a lot more complaints. Manufacturing problems are can be easier to correct then a design flaw.
    10-16-14 10:32 AM
    Mine doesn't appear to be getting worse I'm holding out I have a week or two still for doa

In Squircle I Trust
    10-16-14 02:21 PM
    I to have the slightest lift in the bottom left corner.. love this device so will probably just go to the local phone repair man and fix it as there is a wait for this device in Australia. Had is since day one and got it from USA. Works great in Australia. This is suprising and no bend test but i do have it in my back pocket sometimes
    10-27-14 08:05 AM
    I to have the slightest lift in the bottom left corner.. love this device so will probably just go to the local phone repair man and fix it as there is a wait for this device in Australia. Had is since day one and got it from USA. Works great in Australia. This is suprising and no bend test but i do have it in my back pocket sometimes
    Welcome to the screen lifting club. Getting new members every day. I repaired my own screen, but same issue as you and others. One of the bottom two corners starts to lift away.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:32 AM
    Had the exact same problem yesterday in that exact same place. I renewed my contract in the UK with Carphone Warehouse about 3 weeks ago. Went back to the store and they replaced it with a new handset.

The phone looks and feels premium, so is there a problem with manufacturing process?
    12-14-14 01:16 AM
    I just posted about this in another thread.

The top right corner of my screen is lifting. I bought mine the day they were released, so I got an early version.

Good to hear BlackBerry is looking at this.

My phone is my office. Much like others, I make my living with it. Good thing I'm going on vacation from the 18th to the 5th and I kept my Q10 for backup.

As a Telus customer, I'm hoping they are reasonable to deal with. I'll hope they have this sorted out over the holidays.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 01:49 AM
    I had this problem too. Spoke to the retailer from whom I purchased the phone. They told me it wouldn't be covered by warranty so I glued the corner back down myself.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 02:12 AM
    Could you tell me how and what adhesive you used?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:55 AM
    A tiny dot of krazy glue (like superglue) in the corner where it was lifting. I then wrapped a rubber band round it to hold it in place whilst it dried. Hasn't lifted since.

Posted via CB10
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    12-14-14 05:43 AM

The phone looks and feels premium, so is there a problem with manufacturing process?
    Yes, they're made in Mexico, that's the problem.

Have red Passport.... will travel
    12-14-14 09:33 AM
    I ruined the adhesive on a few curve housings just by taking my phone into the great outdoors. I'd put my phone in my coat pocket, go for a run, when I was done, the phone would be really cold. Later when the phone warmed up, I'd always find the screen lifting somewhere. Always chalked it up to temperature and condensation. That tape is just not made to deal with the kind of environment I want it to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:38 AM
    Just to make a note: if you put the Passport in the back pocket of the jean, make sure the screen faces toward your body. The same for the case of having the phone in the shirt's chest pocket. When you sit down or stress your arms backward and the phone facing away from your body, your chest or **** would press against the back of the phone and may eventually push the screen out enough for the glue to come apart.
    Or avoid any situation where a force presses on the back of the phone.
    I'am not saying this is what caused the lifting screen to the OP phone nor the other people with similar here. It is just a precausion and what I do. I am not taking any chance, especially as I had to go through quite some trouble getting my Passport.

Posted from my Passport
    12-15-14 12:30 AM
    For the phones exhibiting this condition, where are you all carrying your phones? In your front or back pockets?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 01:04 AM
    Mine split and all it ever did was lay on the table during meetings. Otherwise, it was transported in the inner pocket of my blazer. Where you're carrying it is irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 01:24 AM
    Mine is never carried on my person. It's babied all the time. I handle it like fine China.

It is usually in my hand when on the move. Lays on my desk all day. It's my primary business line so I use it on speaker phone with back to back phone calls all day.

When on the road, it sits nice and comfy on my passenger seat, rarely in direct sunlight.

I have the OEM hard shell.

I'm annoyed at this now because I just spent over a hundred bucks on a Lucrin pouch and I was going to use it naked and slip it in the pouch when not in use.

Now this corner popping up makes it ugly and now I'm going to keep the hard shell on as it serves to conceal the stupid lifted cornered.

So much for my hundred bucks.

As I typed this I pushed the corner down three times. Now I have a new distraction.

Arrrgh.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:02 AM
    I love bbry, but reading your posts(multiple) leads me to 2 possible conclusions.

A) you work for bbry,
    B) you wish you worked for bbry

Either way you need to cool it.

I am happy your device is solid and that you are pleased with it. Unfortunately that's not why we are all here in discussion.

We are discussing another members evident issue (for whatever reason tbd) with *their* BlackBerry. So please spare us the chatter

I'm sure if you were to start another thread discussing your solid passport or how the passport is so solid that it would garner much attention...

And

Go!

OP, personally speaking unless I absolutely needed that phone, I'd replace it asap - Why bother with the headache. Go retro for a while and you'll have your BlackBerry back in no time

Good luck! Hope it works out for ya!

Posted via CB10
    I think you've got some issues there, because he wasn't overreacting at all. The thread is talking about the issues some are experiencing with their screen, and he's simply stating he isn't have that issue. Many would also agree with the ideas he portrayed in his statement and we don't work for BlackBerry. We just love the quality of their phones.

O RLY? It takes 15 posts to "simply state he isn't having that issue"?

Sounds questionable. These devices have been tested and used for a long time. QC would have found this. Unless you ran over it with your car.

Posted via CB10
    No issue. I have mine for and it is absolutely solid. Like solid that no other phone has ever been. Maybe one or two defective ones but that's it.

Posted via CB10
    I sit on mine and in my front pocket all day. No issue. SOLID!

Posted via CB10
    You got the one bad one. Return and get another. Best phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    Gold one? Who did the gold leafing? Not factory?

Posted via CB10
    Let's see a picture of the whole phone

Posted via CB10
    I would say if you have a defective phone call customer service and replace it. I know many people with these phones and they all say the same thing.. solid. Could be a one off.

Posted via CB10
    Get it replaced. I abuse mine and not a sign of any issue.

Posted via CB10
    Guys please don't compare build quality to iPhone. This phone is in a class on its own. Solid!

Posted via CB10
    I am an engineer and this thing is SOLID!!! Best device I have ever owned. These negative comments are few and far between. Huge support for the well engineered and well built piece of craftsmanship. Nothing else to say but wow. I use it both in my front pocket and back. No issues. Backlight is fantastic. No complaints. The few small bugs will be ironed out with the software update. However way too many pluses. I have endorsed this device to everyone I talk to.

Great for viewing documents, drawings etc. Just a workhorse in all aspects.

Of course if you have a bad unit call customer service. Sure they will help you. If you really don't like it then use a different phone. But I know for me it already goes down as my best phone ever.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    Guys. Get over the one off. Bring it back. Stop with the ranting about a device that's leagues ahead of anything. Clearly you have an agenda against BlackBerry. Sad really. Unlike the structurally weak iPhone (imho) this is a master class of engineering.

It's ok. I love to rant. Keep it coming.

I have pocketed this thing every way possible. It's solid as a rock. I think it's probably the best mobile device ever made.
    On the other hand the iPhone looks and feels rather weak in my professional opinion.
    I know I hear the iPhone has this bend issue. Wish it was made as well as the Passport.

Passport is solid. You few of you have the cases that fell off a truck .

JanuarJaguar likes this.
    12-15-14 04:24 AM
221 ... 23456 ...