I am too concern about this. From screen popping to back lit not working properly, it may not be a deal breaker, but annoyance indeed. I find it unacceptable given the market the BlackBerry is going for.

I really hope they are aware of this issue and fixing them as we speak. I also want want to be patient since no lab can simulate the actual usage. I generally do not buy first generation of anything but this time, I am willing to break away from my habit.
    10-13-14 02:26 PM
    Time will tell if it is a design flaw or just a few bad devices. If I had to to speculate it is more likely too much pressure being applied to part of the device and given how large the screen is, it pops out. I don't think this is front pocket friendly and while the phone won't bend, maybe enough leverage on the screen will lift it out of the glue. Just guessing though after speaking with an engineer friend.
    10-13-14 06:13 PM
    I am an engineer and this thing is SOLID!!! Best device I have ever owned. These negative comments are few and far between. Huge support for the well engineered and well built piece of craftsmanship. Nothing else to say but wow. I use it both in my front pocket and back. No issues. Backlight is fantastic. No complaints. The few small bugs will be ironed out with the software update. However way too many pluses. I have endorsed this device to everyone I talk to.

Great for viewing documents, drawings etc. Just a workhorse in all aspects.

Of course if you have a bad unit call customer service. Sure they will help you. If you really don't like it then use a different phone. But I know for me it already goes down as my best phone ever.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    Last edited by Adif_70; 10-13-14 at 09:08 PM.
    10-13-14 08:28 PM
    Screen lifting is very bad and is not something you want to attempt to fix yourself as any modifications you do will void the warranty. You should contact customer service asap. Hopefully this backorder will let them solve any manufacturing and assembly issues.
    10-14-14 02:07 AM
    I am an engineer and this thing is SOLID!!! Best device I have ever owned. These negative comments are few and far between. Huge support for the well engineered and well built piece of craftsmanship. Nothing else to say but wow. I use it both in my front pocket and back. No issues. Backlight is fantastic. No complaints. The few small bugs will be ironed out with the software update. However way too many pluses. I have endorsed this device to everyone I talk to.

Great for viewing documents, drawings etc. Just a workhorse in all aspects.

Of course if you have a bad unit call customer service. Sure they will help you. If you really don't like it then use a different phone. But I know for me it already goes down as my best phone ever.

lol so you just carry on spamming the same comment, you sound like Richard Yarell from android central
    10-14-14 03:00 AM
    Attachment 305512
    Here is a picture. Not super clear but you get the idea.
    Looks like a manufacturing problem. the adhesive under the screen seems to be defective. considering the shortage of passports, I dont know if you will get a replacement immediately. Anyways, get in touch with BB and DONT try to fix it yourself.
    10-14-14 10:52 AM
    I would guess with the rest the adhesive is to blame. To the OP was/has the device ever been exceptionally hot? More a curiosity then pointing the finger
    10-14-14 02:53 PM
    Guys. Get over the one off. Bring it back. Stop with the ranting about a device that's leagues ahead of anything. Clearly you have an agenda against BlackBerry. Sad really. Unlike the structurally weak iPhone (imho) this is a master class of engineering.

10-14-14 02:57 PM
    Guys. Get over the one off. Bring it back. Stop with the ranting about a device that's leagues ahead of anything. Clearly you have an agenda against BlackBerry. Sad really. Unlike the structurally weak iPhone (imho) this is a master class of engineering.

What would cause the screen on Blackberry Passport to "lift"?-thisisbait_zps7f09fa2c.png
    10-14-14 03:01 PM
    It's ok. I love to rant. Keep it coming.

10-14-14 03:05 PM
    Fact is its too early to tell if it is a design flaw or whether it is an outlier. It's early days yet.
    10-14-14 03:32 PM
    Or maybe. Just maybe. You've got a device from someone who returned the Passport after doing a bend test on it, while he still can have the return policy. The Amazon or wherever shop you bought your device from might give it to you because all of the hype of the phone. Lol. Just a crazy theory of mine, don't take it seriously. Lol.

From what I've seen it's pretty nasty. I would certainly return the device to have it replaced or when it's not available for return, at least ask for a repair. That's the best way that you can do right now.
    10-14-14 03:57 PM
    Hey! I am one of those guys who had this problem. Since I bought it through Amazon and stock wasn't available they gave me a refund. I just repurchased the device a couple of weeks later now. Unfortunately it is on backorder, but the order is now there. Anyway I think the pocket thing is right. It seems because the surface area of the screen is so large that anybody putting it in a pocket where the pocket is continually pulling tightly across the device loosens the adhesive.
    10-14-14 08:30 PM
    I have pocketed this thing every way possible. It's solid as a rock. I think it's probably the best mobile device ever made.
    On the other hand the iPhone looks and feels rather weak in my professional opinion.
    10-14-14 08:34 PM
    Yeah I would be careful when pocketing it. Just spoke to a couple of colleagues in Toronto who said they think its popping up from either pressure or heat.
    10-14-14 08:41 PM
    I know I hear the iPhone has this bend issue. Wish it was made as well as the Passport.

10-14-14 08:43 PM
    Guys.... I'm not sure but I think my screen is actually beginning to lift in the lower right hand corner It's extremely miniscule but it's absolutely different from the day I bought it.

I notice only due to compression I see the screen move snug to the chasis as it was day 1 on right hand bottom corner compared to no movement on all other corners.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-14-14 08:47 PM
    Passport is solid. You few of you have the cases that fell off a truck .

Last edited by Adif_70; 10-14-14 at 09:00 PM.
    10-14-14 08:48 PM
    Funny thing is that if this hits the news it will be a HUGE BlackBerry Failure. But it was OK when iphones bent and pulled out hair... hopefully it isn't, but the media is an awesome machine

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:49 PM
    Passport is solid. You guys don't one a Passport. If you did you would know it is very robust. Unlike your iPhone.

What would cause the screen on Blackberry Passport to "lift"?-img_20141014_195316.png

In Squircle I Trust
    10-14-14 08:53 PM
    Also , ? ? ? ? the iPhone.

I've been using BlackBerry products for device security including bes and have been a free spokesman since I got my new 8700 years ago.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-14-14 09:01 PM
    ....Just have to add that I am extremely disappointed in the reactions of many posters throughout this thread. The OP posted a simple question about a possible defect, without dogging on the phone or BlackBerry, and he was met with multiple defensive comments about how solid *your* Passport is and multiple requests for photos. We Crackberrians should be helping each other not immediately casting doubt and jumping down each others' throats.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW STL100-4 running 10.3.1.632
    Took the words right out of my mouth

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:08 PM
    I wonder if this is new tech of using glue rather than screws. For BB My Q10 had a lower upper left corner that would compress below the frame after about 8 months. The replacement is perfect though.
    10-14-14 09:08 PM
    I have pocketed this thing every way possible. It's solid as a rock. I think it's probably the best mobile device ever made.
    On the other hand the iPhone looks and feels rather weak in my professional opinion.
    I love bbry, but reading your posts(multiple) leads me to 2 possible conclusions.

A) you work for bbry,
    B) you wish you worked for bbry

Either way you need to cool it.

I am happy your device is solid and that you are pleased with it. Unfortunately that's not why we are all here in discussion.

We are discussing another members evident issue (for whatever reason tbd) with *their* BlackBerry. So please spare us the chatter.

I'm sure if you were to start another thread discussing your solid passport or how the passport is so solid that it would garner much attention...

And

Go!

OP, personally speaking unless I absolutely needed that phone, I'd replace it asap - Why bother with the headache. Go retro for a while and you'll have your BlackBerry back in no time.

Good luck! Hope it works out for ya!

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 and JanuarJaguar like this.
    10-14-14 09:20 PM
    Not sure if it's worth saying at this point, but I've had one here for a couple weeks now and it's a SOLID build, no complaints.
    I'd for sure send it back to ShopBB/Amazon asap before your grace period ends and then just get your replacement!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-14-14 10:16 PM
221 12345 ...