I had a previous Q10 that the screen got loose in the top left corner. I think maybe it was from torsion or pressure from being in pants or possibly heat in the summer. Several others noted this in the Q10 forum. Hopefully not an issue here.
    10-12-14 05:20 PM
    Attachment 305512
    Here is a picture. Not super clear but you get the idea.
    Wow, yeah... as others have said. Hunt down a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:21 PM
    What would cause the screen on Blackberry Passport to "lift"?-img_20141007_140226.jpg did it look like this? Happened to mine last week.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    10-12-14 05:24 PM
    The adhesive that is supposed to glue the screen down is obviously not working as expected. I'd get the phone replaced. There is virtually no way to repair this aftermarket to be as good as original. I've tried many times with many different devices. Aftermarket adhesives just don't provide the same binding. Of course, you could opt for some industrial glue, but why bother.

As for waiting for the phone to be available again? I would not worry about this because some stock always has to be reserved for replacements.

Oh and one more thing. I would suspect that because of the dimensions, the slab of glass that is on the Passport is structurally a lot more rigid than that of your typical rectangular phone. Therefore the adhesive may be more strained and in those instances where the glass or the stainless steel midbody aren't perfectly flat, the lifting could occur. I hope it isn't a widespread issue. So far I've had three Passports and they were all okay.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141007_140226.jpg 
Views:	4163 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	305532 did it look like this? Happened to mine last week.

Posted via CB10
    Yup posted a picture earlier. That looks very similar.
    10-12-14 05:32 PM
    Get it replaced. I abuse mine and not a sign of any issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 05:49 PM
    OP, I would definitely call about a warranty replacement or go back to your carrier store to see about an exchange. Definitely seems to be that 1 in 1000 defective unit.

Just have to add that I am extremely disappointed in the reactions of many posters throughout this thread. The OP posted a simple question about a possible defect, without dogging on the phone or BlackBerry, and he was met with multiple defensive comments about how solid *your* Passport is and multiple requests for photos. We Crackberrians should be helping each other not immediately casting doubt and jumping down each others' throats.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW STL100-4 running 10.3.1.632
    10-12-14 06:38 PM
    Get it replaced ! If it's like the z30 it's held down by a screw, and perhaps it has unscrewed itself but you will void your warranty if you try to mess with it!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 06:54 PM
    Guys please don't compare build quality to iPhone. This phone is in a class on its own. Solid!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 07:18 PM
    OP, I would definitely call about a warranty replacement or go back to your carrier store to see about an exchange. Definitely seems to be that 1 in 1000 defective unit.

Just have to add that I am extremely disappointed in the reactions of many posters throughout this thread. The OP posted a simple question about a possible defect, without dogging on the phone or BlackBerry, and he was met with multiple defensive comments about how solid *your* Passport is and multiple requests for photos. We Crackberrians should be helping each other not immediately casting doubt and jumping down each others' throats.

Thanks for that.

The last non-BlackBerry phone I had was a Motorola Razr like a decade ago so I'm obviously a huge fan of the company and of this device. And I certainly understand that no matter how great a phone is, there is the odd defective one out there. Frustrating that it ends up being mine but I'm hoping they'll be able to do something for me in the store.

Thanks to everyone for posting their take on this issue, by the way!
    10-12-14 07:21 PM
    Sounds questionable. These devices have been tested and used for a long time. QC would have found this. Unless you ran over it with your car.

Posted via CB10
    No issue. I have mine for and it is absolutely solid. Like solid that no other phone has ever been. Maybe one or two defective ones but that's it.

Posted via CB10
    I sit on mine and in my front pocket all day. No issue. SOLID!

Posted via CB10
    You got the one bad one. Return and get another. Best phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    Gold one? Who did the gold leafing? Not factory?

Posted via CB10
    Let's see a picture of the whole phone

Posted via CB10
    I would say if you have a defective phone call customer service and replace it. I know many people with these phones and they all say the same thing.. solid. Could be a one off.

Posted via CB10
    Get it replaced. I abuse mine and not a sign of any issue.

Posted via CB10
    Guys please don't compare build quality to iPhone. This phone is in a class on its own. Solid!

Posted via CB10
    You are the worst offender so far.

...Just have to add that I am extremely disappointed in the reactions of many posters throughout this thread. The OP posted a simple question about a possible defect, without dogging on the phone or BlackBerry, and he was met with multiple defensive comments about how solid *your* Passport is and multiple requests for photos. We Crackberrians should be helping each other not immediately casting doubt and jumping down each others' throats.
    10-12-14 07:23 PM
    You are the worst offender so far.
    I think the requests for photos were just so people could get a better idea of what the issue was

Sent from my awesome White Z30!
    10-12-14 07:45 PM

You probably (fortunately) missed this morning's lovely troll episode, some members are probably still a bit riled up and over defensive after that.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-12-14 07:52 PM
    So... people are damaging their Passports on purpose and calling it a defect?
    10-12-14 09:19 PM
    I put my Passport in my front pocket with nothing else in it and like 10 minutes later I got it out to use and there was somehow damage to the screen, causing a blue nebula looking thing in the bottom middle right of it.

I have no idea how it happened, it was never hit or touched by anything sharp or hard, but the screen is effectively ruined.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 09:53 PM
    It is a faulty unit. Get it replaced OP.
    10-12-14 10:49 PM
    Looks like some adhesive is no longer sticky or a screw is loose.

Get it replaced. You wouldn't want it to get worse and you especially don't something else to break because of the problem, like if dust or moisture gets in through the gap and kills your screen.
    10-12-14 11:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you bringing iPhone into this?

This comment needs to be framed in gold and displayed in every thread.
    Last edited by MC_A_DOT; 10-13-14 at 03:37 AM.
    10-13-14 03:21 AM
    A certain percentage of all phones manufactured have problems. That is life. Taker it back and get yourself a new one.
    SensChirp likes this.
    10-13-14 08:35 AM
    Haha, so it was your post Chirp! Yeah hope i don't have this problem with mine when i get it. GSG.
    SensChirp likes this.
    10-13-14 08:40 AM
    So... people are damaging their Passports on purpose and calling it a defect?
    That's rather presumptuous of you. Even with the best quality control there'll be that one odd device in 100,000 that'll have an issue.

I'm sorry about your Passport OP. Like you said, it's a really awesome phone. I hope you're able to get it fixed or replaced to your liking.
    10-13-14 09:44 AM
    I had this happen to my Z10 when I first got it, seemed the glue or 2 way tape wasnt sticky enough

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:30 AM
    From no other device to a picture in 30 minutes. Good job!
    He said "Quality Picture"
    10-13-14 10:38 AM
    I put my Passport in my front pocket with nothing else in it and like 10 minutes later I got it out to use and there was somehow damage to the screen, causing a blue nebula looking thing in the bottom middle right of it.

I have no idea how it happened, it was never hit or touched by anything sharp or hard, but the screen is effectively ruined.

Posted via CB10
    Did you figure out what happened?!!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:54 AM
    This is something that I'm quite concerned about, with the recent shortfall in inventory, that BlackBerry may rush to get units out there and take short cuts with QC. One of the reasons I use BlackBerry loyally is because of the quality of the higher end devices, let's hope these things don't become issues, it's the last thing they need right now.
    10-13-14 02:11 PM
221 1234 ...