12-10-16 02:39 AM
81 1234
tools
    I should mention that I tried that on Cobalt's Priv BlackBerry manager app,HUB and BlackBerry Keyboard ported to a non BlackBerry android device, so that might be the reason it did not work for me. I wanted to see how a Priv would look and feel if I ever buy one.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport SE.
    08-31-16 06:53 AM
    when passport dies, my options are:
    a) Galaxy Note 7 (with or without keyboard accessory)
    or
    b) Huawei Honor NOTE 8
    08-31-16 07:20 AM
    Thanks for sharing your experience !!
    08-31-16 08:25 AM
    I should mention that I tried that on Cobalt's Priv BlackBerry manager app,HUB and BlackBerry Keyboard ported to a non BlackBerry android device, so that might be the reason it did not work for me. I wanted to see how a Priv would look and feel if I ever buy one.

I can tell you, it works well on the current bb Android devices.
    To give more insight:
    a few years ago, I Always turned this feature off on eg the Z30 or the Leap, even on the keyboard devices like eg the Q10. It didn't really work, and always created a mess.
    The more surprised I was, when trying it out on the Priv and Dtek. I think it really improved, and the algorithms of determining the correct language seem to work much better than a few years ago.
    08-31-16 09:07 AM
    I will switch to iOS. Been using an iPhone 5c for a couple of days and I quite like it. My Passport on BlackBerry 10 dying software is not working so well these days...I am now trying to find an iPhone 6s Plus, for the larger screen. BB10, unfortunately, as nice as it used to be, is living its last days. And no, I will not buy an Android BlackBerry, that is not a BlackBerry.
    08-31-16 02:59 PM
    You do realize that they don't even bother to keep up with that promise on the notorious 10.3.3.x update, right? Let alone a new BB10 device--IF it's true that BB10 development and updates are continuing along with Android.
    The update has been held up by security forces as the story went in June. I suspect the same is true today.I wont take the easy way out and Blame a company who has to bend to fate of the world security. I mean come on, how many dont think thats true either?
    08-31-16 05:49 PM
    I have two new extra Passport SEs as spare units if my current one dies..

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-31-16 06:39 PM
    I was using my passport for half a year then got fed up with the slow browsing and some lack of apps,then put it in the box and got my old xperia z2 out. The android OS is faster and with a wide rage of apps but after one week I just could not take it anymore and got my passport back. There is just nothing like typing on this keyboard and BlackBerry auto correct with double language merging (something android just can't figure out how to do right,you have to manually switch between languages). So my question is,what are we to do when OS10 becomes completely obsolete? There is no device to compare with the Passport hardware. The priv keyboard is too small and sliding every time is a pain,and no language merging. BlackBerry MUST make a Passport 2 otherwise i'm lost..

Posted via CB10
    Lack of apps I get, but slow browsing? Anyway, when that time comes and there's no "Passport 2", we're just gonna have to simply move on.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 06:52 PM
    How could the OS become obsolete?
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    08-31-16 08:21 PM
    By the way, to answer the OP's question as to "what are we to do" How about we all get together for a BBQ and then we'll kill ourselves!!
    Just think of all the ways we could make it even more fun!!

If we wait long enough eventually the cell phone will "just work." When that day comes, the following day will result in cellphones being replaced by some kind of chip implant and then , of course , the machines will have already started to take over.

Or you could really go over the edge by using the very unpopular "Positive" attitude and just find another phone that you can live with.
    Me??? I'm going to enjoy my passport to the fullest....ONE day at a time. I'm not going to moan and groan about what might have been or what might be
    For all I know, Tomorrow might be canceled.

Everyday that I wake up to a new day is enough to make me celebrate each new day as it comes. I don't plan on wasting it on useless negativity.

OK, so I admit it. I'm not a team player when it come to EXPECTING mobile devices to simply "just work!"
    So shoot me... But wait till after the BBQ!!
    I might be attending the BBQ...are you sure you don't want him to shoot you now?
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    08-31-16 09:30 PM
    Bummer, you're the first person I've heard have any negatives with their Passport experience.

Mine is phenomenal and I'd probably stop using cell phones with no BB10.

Some of this has been a good read, thanks.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    08-31-16 09:41 PM
    I've never had a problem with the BB10 browser, but if and when it comes to it OP, you either deal with it or move onto another OS.
    08-31-16 09:56 PM
    The same way Windows 95, 98, 2000 and so on became obsolete.

If that doesn't explain it for you , search how the effect of ":drivers' in software work in regards to the way it preforms in an OS.
    08-31-16 11:18 PM
    Bummer, you're the first person I've heard have any negatives with their Passport experience.

Mine is phenomenal and I'd probably stop using cell phones with no BB10.

Some of this has been a good read, thanks.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2876 AT&T

Boy. I wish I could be in denial like that.
    I love my passport, too and have no plans on replacing it, but ( i should warn you, too spare you any unneeded grief in the near future)
    As you read through the many threads here, ( please be seated with seat belt fastened) you'll first feel a ting of wonder and eventually become very disillusioned with the entire human race.

Disclaimer: read at your own risk!

Of course , it's not all bad. For instance, there were recently a few threads that concerned the name and proper wallpaper that should be used on one of the new device. After only a few post the threads turned into a full blow war zone .

Back when you and I first joined up here, we knew the limitations that came with our cell phones
    That latest generation have the attitude that mobile devices should ":just work!"

I kid a lot about the state of affairs always trying to create a positive attitude. Let me just say that there''s never a dull moment here. And as far as Forums of the mobile persuasion go,
    They'll have to drag me out kicking and screaming.
    But then I'm only 65. I may feel completely different when I grow up!
    08-31-16 11:44 PM
    The update has been held up by security forces as the story went in June. I suspect the same is true today.I wont take the easy way out and Blame a company who has to bend to fate of the world security. I mean come on, how many dont think thats true either?
    I'm not holding my breath for them. Not anymore. Three times the charm and all that. You're welcome to do and be otherwise, of course. We'll see.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-01-16 12:09 AM

Just look at WhatsApp and Facebook as an example. Developers will abandon the platform completely and you will have just a basic phone. And that is perfectly fine for the business person since the device will serve it's purpose for years to come,but no more than a business tool i'm affraid.

Lostboy5151 likes this.
    09-01-16 01:36 AM
    Just look at WhatsApp and Facebook as an example. Developers will abandon the platform completely and you will have just a basic phone. And that is perfectly fine for the business person since the device will serve it's purpose for years to come,but no more than a business tool i'm affraid.

Pure speculation.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    09-01-16 08:53 AM
    The same way Windows 95, 98, 2000 and so on became obsolete.

If that doesn't explain it for you , search how the effect of ":drivers' in software work in regards to the way it preforms in an OS.
    But blackberry 7 OS is still working perfectly fine. Why wouldn't BB10 OS work just as fine either?
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    09-01-16 01:41 PM
    Going out of business, hacked and identity stolen. Not before being tortured with adds battery drains and mental stress and physical pain . Lol.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    09-01-16 04:14 PM
    I've been using a work issued iphone 6 for a few months now. It's a horrible device to be honest. It's incredibly clunky to use and requires so many steps to do the simplest things. Try taking a picture straight through the email app for example, it can't even be done (unless you go third party app I think). Gmail doesn't instantly push on the email app either, you have no choice but to use the (terrible) Gmail app.

I decided to put the sim in my passport now, and man does it feel great to have this thing again. Even just the screen on the iPhone 6 was terrible, and don't even get me started on multitasking...

The only advantage was apps running natively and therefore you got a decent experience there, except that third party keyboards are all terrible and buggy. None could come even close to the accurate dual language predictions the BlackBerry has.

And forget about fine cursor control...
    Anyway I got native fb messenger working on my passport so for now it does everything I want.
    09-01-16 04:52 PM
    There is "supposed" to be an android phone coming that will be kind of like the passport/classic, with a keyboard.

Posted via CB10

When you say "kinda like" does it being kinda like a mobile device count??
    09-02-16 02:02 AM
    Pure speculation.
    You wouldn't try to convince us that there are actually people with un pure speculative thoughts around here, would you????
    09-02-16 02:06 AM
    My life will go on even if my passport dies. Not a big deal. Lots of phones out there to replace it.

🔥 📶
    09-03-16 11:53 AM
    I'm always gonna keep at least one blackberry around for my memories I will eventually move on to a hybrid just not a priv or dtek they will have to do something original for my to transfer to the upcoming hybrids my passport working just fine with the Cobalt setup so until it craps out I'm on it til the end #Bb10 #4lyfe #lol

Forgiven
    09-03-16 06:22 PM
    Blackberry passport SE is just UNBELIEVABLE !

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and Lostboy5151 like this.
    09-03-16 06:29 PM
81 1234