And Thurask mentioned that in the 10.3.2 leak you can now pinch to zoom on the Passport using the touch capacitive keyboard... I find myself swiping horizontally on the keyboard to try and move between icon screens, so maybe they're incorporating more touch features for the Passport? Or, it's an accidental leftover from the Classic implementation of 10.3.1, lol.
    Well the horizontal keyboard swipe actually works (or did at some point) in Android apps that use the "carousel" type menu... like the Free Apps of the day carousel on the amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-07-15 03:55 PM
    Well the horizontal keyboard swipe actually works (or did at some point) in Android apps that use the "carousel" type menu... like the Free Apps of the day carousel on the amazon app store.

Posted via CB10
    I've never tried that, I'll have to check it out, thanks. That would be great if they could carry a lot of those behaviours across to Android apps on the runtime. Right now it's pretty hit and miss, and not sure the programming involved behind it.

Going forward, all BlackBerry PKB phones must be touch capactive, imho, and they need to keep building on behaviours that allow it to mimic the touchscreen, and double as a trackpad. That and the keyboard shortcuts are pretty unique differentiators for BlackBerry and if they can properly market that, I think more people would be more receptive to the platform.

And they absolutely must make a successor to the Passport with the wide screen, I love it.
    04-07-15 05:29 PM
27 12