Hello

I recently purchased a BB passport and I am just curious to what wearables are out there for it and if any of the android based wearables are going to be compatible with it?
    08-18-15 01:44 PM
    I've got a Samsung Fit that I got when I bought my Note 4. Now that I have my SE Passport, I still wear it, but would like to sync it with my Passport.
    As far as I'm concerned, wearables just are not there yet. I've heard horror stories from people who have the new Fit Bit. I've only had my Samsung for six months, and I'm on my third device. They are poor quality.
    08-18-15 01:46 PM
    Pebble is all I've heard of....
    08-18-15 01:49 PM
    Pebble is the only smartwatch to my knowledge that works with any BB10 devices either through the APK or through talk2watch and other apps featured here on Crackberry. This also means the new Pebble Time would as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:21 PM
    Pebble and Pebble Time work with the Passport via the Talk2Watch App

I also own a Fitbit Flex Activity Tracker which works good with the Android App-the only thing you can not use is the Tracking with Google Maps

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the info. I had a iphone 6 and I was thinking of getting the apple watch but a friend of mine showed and told me about the passport.. I went and played with one and I really like the passport so I decided to get rid of the iphone and get the passport!!
    igor10000 likes this.
    08-18-15 03:59 PM
    Thanks for the info. I had a iphone 6 and I was thinking of getting the apple watch but a friend of mine showed and told me about the passport.. I went and played with one and I really like the passport so I decided to get rid of the iphone and get the passport!!
    By not buying that apple watch you'll be saving plenty of money. I purchased one on launch to go with my iPhone and apart from Apple Pay it was no use to me and I was constantly paranoid about damaging it. I sold it a few months ago and bought a Passport and I don't regret it.

Equally if you want to ride the smartwatch hype the Pebble is an affordable, loveable and easy option that works with the PP

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:18 PM
    Looks like I'm not the only one to switch from a note 4 to a BlackBerry passport I had a pebble connected to my note which I would like to connect to my passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:23 PM
    Hello

I recently purchased a BB passport and I am just curious to what wearables are out there for it and if any of the android based wearables are going to be compatible with it?
    I've personally tried a few and the Pebble plays the nicest with bbos10. First install the Android version of the Pebble app then install Talk2watch pro and hub2watch as these three work the best to get all or most of your notifications to come thru properly.

Talk2watch pro is not headless and needs to be open at all times for it to show your caller id, emails, text and any other notifications! But can also cause battery drain with the apps open so beware of that issue.

They are not headless but in the future may be!

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2339 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    08-18-15 04:41 PM
    Using Pebble and Pebble Time watches with Talk2Watch Pro app. On my Passport. Works great!

Passport on ATT
    08-18-15 06:04 PM
    I was using the Pebble Steel with my Passport and Talk2Watch Pro. It was a very good user experience and was how smartwatches should work, IMO. Not flashy, not high battery usage, only what you need, etc.

Sadly, a BB OS update has destroyed my battery life on both the phone and the watch when the watch is synced. Now I sort of just wear the watch and don't sync it. (The battery life issue is only BB's fault, I believe.)
    08-21-15 06:01 PM
    I've personally tried a few and the Pebble plays the nicest with bbos10. First install the Android version of the Pebble app then install Talk2watch pro and hub2watch as these three work the best to get all or most of your notifications to come thru properly.

Talk2watch pro is not headless and needs to be open at all times for it to show your caller id, emails, text and any other notifications! But can also cause battery drain with the apps open so beware of that issue.

They are not headless but in the future may be!

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2339 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    Actually, with the latest versions, I believe the Android Pepple app is no longer required. Talk2Watch Pro is brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 06:17 PM
    Actually, with the latest versions, I believe the Android Pepple app is no longer required. Talk2Watch Pro is brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, Talk2watch pro is the best app to compliment the Pebble steel watch. But also have a hub app installed as well to show me my notifications.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-22-15 10:02 AM
    Pebble with talk2watch. Work flawlessly.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    08-22-15 03:38 PM
    There's a new alternative to Talk2Watch, check out Bridge here :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1051135

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 04:41 AM
    Would be nice if we can port apple watch + passport SE..

Passport SE
    11-26-15 05:37 PM
    I use a pebble classic with talk2watch pro. And I have a home made smartwatch using a custom app.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-26-15 11:52 PM
    Homemade??!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 09:36 PM
    Yeah, the OG Pebble I'm borrowing works quite well, but I've stopped using it 'cause of the screen tearing. Saving up for a Pebble Time, because if it works even as well as the original Pebble, it'll be fine.
    12-02-15 09:17 AM
    Homemade??!

Posted via CB10
    Yup! Tiny circuits Arduino + bluetooth family.

12-02-15 09:54 AM
    Yup! Tiny circuits Arduino + bluetooth family.

Sorry no, that's wrong. I stopped using tiny circuits because the size was too large. I created my last one with a stack from digistump and a lot of custom components.

The harder part was creating an app to interface with it.

12-02-15 09:56 AM