11-11-14 06:11 PM
32 12
tools
    Not really sure what the difference is, as you get the same service anyways. Either way, I have full services so no complaints

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:24 PM
    Not really sure what the difference is, as you get the same service anyways. Either way, I have full services so no complaints

Posted via CB10
    Guess as far as service goes it doesn't make a difference, but I think it's a good idea to have the device you are actually using primarily on your account. Especially since I switched from Verizon at least AT&T knows I came because of the Passport. Can only be good for BlackBerry

I was also offered insurance to which I declined, but spoke to AT&T about the insurance and if anything were to happen to the Passport... lost, dropped in water, etc. they will replace. Obviously as of now the Passport isn't carried so the replacement device would be what they consider equivalent value, but for those with insurance trying to replace a Passport that AT&T doesn't even have listed on your account could become a problem down the road. I don't know; as I stated I declined their insurance. Whether that was a good idea or not we'll see lol.

Edit: I did carry insurance on my unlimited Verizon plan and rather than just popping my SIM from my Z10 into the Z30, I again replaced the SIM card. Just peace of mind knowing that the insurance would cover the Z30 rather than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 09:43 PM
    Thank you AT&T

Good luck and let us know what happened.
    Last edited by GeoK; 10-29-14 at 08:55 AM.
    10-27-14 10:31 PM
    Followup: My girl was there, and everything went fine. New SIM, phone swap, and this was the second Passport she'd worked on so far. No change in service.

Thanks, AT&T!
    10-29-14 08:12 AM
    Easy. We'll okay. Maybe not so easy with att. I have tmobile, for which the phone wasn't released for. I walked into my local tmobile store and asked for a nanosim card. All they did was ask for my phone number ( given I already have tmobile service) they activated the SIM and I was golden in ten minutes. You shouldn't see any resistance. If you have problems, contact corporate directly.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-11-14 04:34 PM
    I just got my unlocked Passport from Amazon. Had been using a Z10 100-3 on AT&T.

It was so simple. I went to the nearest AT&T Store and got a fresh nano SIM card. They were busy, and said to call AT&T and get the new SIM activated for the new phone. I did that, and asked that they keep the IMEI number of my Z10, because I would be using the Z10 as well with a nano to micro adapter, that is switching back and forth. They did just that--never asked for the Passport IMEI--and everything, including VVM, works just like it did on the Z10.
    11-11-14 05:01 PM
    The IMEI number on the Passport has been in their system since the beginning of October. I used the Passport's IMEI number scanned directly from the box and I discussed this with AT&T and if I did not receive LTE on the spot, they would just grab a new SIM card and use my mother's IMEI number from her Z10.

For me, it is just OCD that my device is in their system as a Passport but for those paying insurance and other situations as far as the insurance company is concerned they'll replace a broken phone with a Z10 or something equivalent. We discussed insurance and I opted out anyway, but just throwing that out there for those still afraid to use the Passport's IMEI number.

It is not final. If you don't get LTE, have them switch it. Took them less than 5 minutes to get my SIM card... probably less than that in reality. If it wasn't working they were ready to get another one. Not a huge deal.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:11 PM
32 12