Do you just swipe up and X out or.....?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:01 AM
    I just click on the "x" but nest to it go to device manager and set to "off" at application permission "run when minimised" every application,especially the android ones.

Aquila non captat muscas
    02-12-15 12:04 AM
    Holding on the X will basically "end task" otherwise it's still possible that it can run in the background.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:06 AM
    If the application is misbehaving it will likely stay running in the background. You will need an android task manager or at least try to use the device manager to check which apps are taking up memory (not storage). If the suspect android app shows up under memory, it means it's still running. Tapping it should bring up an option to close.

Some Android apps have the "press back again to exit", some have an actual "exit/close" button in their UI, but most don't seem to have anything. Not really a fan.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:35 AM
    If the application is misbehaving it will likely stay running in the background. You will need an android task manager or at least try to use the device manager to check which apps are taking up memory (not storage). If the suspect android app shows up under memory, it means it's still running. Tapping it should bring up an option to close.

Some Android apps have the "press back again to exit", some have an actual "exit/close" button in their UI, but most don't seem to have anything. Not really a fan.

Posted via CB10
    Instead of tapping X holding X is supposed to end task.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:43 AM
    You can also use ghost commander to force the android app to close...
    02-12-15 12:49 AM
    You can also use ghost commander to force the android app to close...
    Or device manager, tap memory tab and tap the apps you want to close.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:50 AM
    Or device manager, tap memory tab and tap the apps you want to close.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the problem is that some of the apps can't be closed by device manager...even if you keep closing, they just won't close. Ghost commander allows you to close these.
    02-12-15 12:57 AM
    Instead of tapping X holding X is supposed to end task.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's supposed to,.. but I find it doesn't when the app isn't working properly.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 11:03 AM
    Yeah, it's supposed to,.. but I find it doesn't when the app isn't working properly.

Posted via CB10
    Weird. Inconsistencies like that is so annoying

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    02-12-15 11:07 AM
    Best way is to "back out" of the app as opposed to swiping up. An android app will do a proper shutdown that way. Waze is a perfect example of what I mean. If you swipe up and x, it will still run in the background. If you back out, it will prompt you to fully shut down.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-12-15 11:15 AM
    I just click on the "x" but nest to it go to device manager and set to "off" at application permission "run when minimised" every application,especially the android ones.

Aquila non captat muscas
    Can't see this permission of "run when minimised" what am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 12:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes please clarify!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you on 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:24 PM

Doesn't offer me any software updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:49 PM
    Use Ghost Commander, as some have already mentioned. I have noticed that Google Maps and Bubble Bust! run on the background, even if I didn't open them and likely waste battery (not really bad though, when I get home phone is usually between 40-60%).

Device Monitor gives the option to close them, but they just come back. Ghost Commander force closes them, so they no longer show on the "Memory" section of DM. I don't mind native apps running in the background, specially those related to essential communication or security reasons (BBM, WhatsApp, Hub++Led, Secure AntiVirus Pro, etc.). But don't need Android apps to do so since I don't use them daily.

Ghost Commander, by far is an ideal tool for managing Android apps, as you can also block annoying notifications. Give it a try in case you see rogue Android apps running despite having closed them the normal way.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    02-12-15 04:07 PM

Doesn't offer me any software updates.

Posted via CB10
    You should get the update soon enough. It's not officially out yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 04:44 PM