Okay, go to the first post and click on the link, you should find version 4.0.5 of Side Car.

Note: I have not tested this and I don't know if this will work.
    So let me know.

Posted via CB10
    You the man, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 07:35 AM
    Great stories. Great thread.

Posted via CB10
    tatail likes this.
    05-30-15 08:30 AM
    Great help OP! Thanks for the APKs.

Posted via CB10
    tatail likes this.
    05-30-15 10:47 AM
    I love this thread. It's like HBO's Taxicab Confessions except way more interesting. You need to set up hidden cameras...hehe!

Posted on CB10 via my VZW Z30
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    06-02-15 11:09 AM
    Yeah maybe I should..
    Just yesterday around 2 am I picked a passenger from Napa Valley who had come from LA for the BottleRock Festival was going to SFO and the trip was around 1 hour..

So I had more than enough time to tell her about the phone.
    She was super impressed..

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 12:43 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm new to CB and I was a longtime BB user who recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a Blackberry Passport. Best decision I ever made! What a different animal this thing is from Blackberry Legacy devices of old. The passport is amazing and the Blackberry 10 OS is smooth and smoking fast.

tatail, Thank you for you amazing post. I drive for Uber too but I have no idea how to put the Uber partner app onto my Passport. Would anyone be kind enough to provide a play by play instructions on how to put it on my phone? Thank you in advance

Danny
    06-10-15 03:54 PM
    Hey welcome back to BB..

Sure, I'll try my best.

You can go to the link on the first page on you BlackBerry Passport. This is probably the easiest method. I recommend connecting to WiFi because there is a file which is a little more than 70 MBs.

You will need to download 2 files from there.

Google Play Services and Uber Partner.
    Once downloaded to your phone you can just open the file and if it is your first time installing an app outside BlackBerry World you will get a pop up to enable third party app installations. If you have installed before then all you have to do is follow the instruction on your screen.

You will need to repeat the same steps for Uber Partner app as well.
    that's basically it.

If you get "unable to determine location" error I recommend installing Google Maps.
    It'll help solve the problem.

Good luck
    06-10-15 06:11 PM
    hi, thank you for this - just tried Uber - but i only get as far as the log in screen and then it says Uber has stopped.
    07-14-15 02:13 AM
    hi, thank you for this - just tried Uber - but i only get as far as the log in screen and then it says Uber has stopped.
    What is your operating system?
    I just tried both Uber and Partner both work fine.

If you installed Google Play Services then you might need to restart your phone and try again.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 03:37 AM
    OP waiting for new updates and new stories

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:02 PM
    Oh man, there a few stories I wanted to write about when I drove in San Francisco for the first time a few weeks ago. When Outside Lands festival was happening.

Very interesting conversations I had with a few passengers, but unfortunately didn't get the time to write about so I have forgotten most of the discussion.

But a few things was repeated over and over: that they missed their physical keyboards for sure, they didn't know that BlackBerry was still making phones.

One passenger in Oakland asked me if Android app installation on BB10 was easy enough for her grandma to do it? I said it is not easy if the app depends on Google Play Services but there is Amazon app store which is fairly straightforward.

I also came across an ex-crackberrian, she said her account is still active and she misses her Berry a lot. Again she didn't know that BlackBerry was still making phones.

In Sacramento I had a passenger she said she would just buy as many BlackBerry Pearls as possible because that is her favorite phone ever.

The passenger who asked me if app installation was enough for her grandmother, was very intrigued by idea of BlackBerry Android phone.
    There at least 3-4 other passengers whom I mentioned this and they said they would definitely give it a try.

Two nights ago I had a repeat passenger who said that he worked for LG as consultant and their job was to keep tab on the competition and the last BlackBerry phone that he looked at was at Z10. But he was definitely surprised with functionality and fluency of BB10 and things that the Passport could do.

I'll post if I can remember anything else, but have been really busy past few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    08-23-15 06:51 PM
    One passenger in Oakland asked me if Android app installation on BB10 was easy enough for her grandma to do it? I said it is not easy if the app depends on Google Play Services but there is Amazon app store which is fairly straightforward.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting stories but the quote above leads me to this: it is likely people using your service used an app on their current phone to make the arrangements. Do these people realize that, as impressive as they find your Passport, that installing the Uber app requires a work around?
    08-23-15 07:06 PM
    Interesting stories but the quote above leads me to this: it is likely people using your service used an app on their current phone to make the arrangements. Do these people realize that, as impressive as they find your Passport, that installing the Uber app requires a work around?
    Or, they can use the Uber mobile website. It works as well as the app: http://m.uber.com

but no app necessary. Many people, even on Android devices, are using mobile sites instead of apps. I know several who don't use the Facebook app and chose to use the site instead.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 368186
    08-23-15 08:03 PM
    Or, they can use the Uber mobile website. It works as well as the app: http://m.uber.com
    This line of thinking is exactly why BlackBerry is where it is today.

"There may be 300,000 apps for the iPhone and iPad, but the only app you really need is the browser." - Jim Balsillie November 2010
    08-23-15 08:20 PM
    Can you please upload the Uber app links and instructions. Bought a new passport and want to install it

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 03:10 AM
    This question has been asked of me by other forum members and I have replied the same to them as I am to you.
    I am very honest about the device to all the passenger and I explain to them that there is a work around to get those apps that depend on Google Play Services installed on your device. So they ask me if the app works properly if patched, and I tell them that you made a request and I accepted through a patched app.. I even use a patched navigation app and I tell them about that too.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-24-15 04:58 AM
    glad people are reacting so well to the BB Passport
    now wait till they see the slider !
    Bet it's been a while since anyones seen a slider phone
    08-24-15 06:40 AM
    Can you please upload the Uber app links and instructions. Bought a new passport and want to install it

Posted via CB10
    Link and instructions can be found in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...r-app-1014845/

Posted via CB10
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    08-24-15 01:16 PM

Awesome guy.. And he tipped me well in the end too which was very nice of him..

I'll add to this forum any future stories and if anyone is else using BBRY for Lyft or Uber you are most welcome to share your stories here.
    Wait.... I was told you didn't need to tip an Uber driver. In fact no money or CC changes hands cause the Uber App takes care of it all.

What's the lowdown on tipping?
    08-24-15 08:47 PM
    Wait.... I was told you didn't need to tip an Uber driver. In fact no money or CC changes hands cause the Uber App takes care of it all.

What's the lowdown on tipping?
    Uber tells the passengers that they collect 20% tip, but that is BS. If they do then they keep it to themselves. The passenger can offer to tip the driver if they wish and there is no policy for us to deny it.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:56 AM
    This line of thinking is exactly why BlackBerry is where it is today.

"There may be 300,000 apps for the iPhone and iPad, but the only app you really need is the browser." - Jim Balsillie November 2010
    What line of thinking? I'd rather see all apps supported on BB10, but in reality, they're not supporting the OS. To ensure that people know that they can still use their popular services without apps, I sent the link to Uber's mobile site. I'm sure that some found the info useful. And there are those who chose not to download apps and instead opt to use mobile sites. That doesn't mean I don't want the native apps...just pointing out that we have viable options and there's no need to run to Android or iOS.
    08-30-15 05:21 PM
    I guess I need to write a bit about some late conversations that I had.

So this passed weekend I went to San Francisco for work because there is not much work in the capital.

I arrived at San Francisco Friday night and I picked about 70 rides till I headed back home. At least 80% of those passengers had a discussion with me about the phone. Of the 80% about 40% asked if my passport was a GPS device or a phone, 20% asked what phone is that, 10% said is that BlackBerry, there were a few who thought BlackBerry was bankrupt long ago, and only the other 10% asked is that BlackBerry Passport or said wow you got the BlackBerry Passport.

Now bear in mind that rarely I had only one passenger per ride, most of the time it was at least 2 passengers per ride and then there is Lyft Line where multiple rides are linked.

I am sure many of you know that California is the tech state. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook...etc. All are based in the Golden or Sunny state. It is just a big shame on BlackBerry's part that so few people know about their devices.

Of course I had some great conversations about the phone and people were just amazed with the functionality of the phone and the OS.

I almost told everyone about the new Priv that is about to come out and all were glad to hear that BlackBerry still exists and are still making phones.

Two passenger were so impressed that they said there next phone is going to be the Passport.

In Sacramento I picked a few AT&T reps who work in Rancho Cordova, they didn't know how the device looked like. They knew about it but didn't know much about it. That is just a shame on BlackBerry's part again with their poor advertising.

Sorry if the stories don't follow through I am just trying to put as much together as possible yet keep it short and simple.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 08:06 AM
    When I took my car to the uber activation center for inspection, the uber employee asked to see if I had the right app installed on my phone. I take my passport out and he was instantly impressed by the style of my phone. Even more surprised by the fact that I was using their app on a blackberry device. I hope Chen doesn't ditch android runtime as an agreement with Google in order to build the priv. I might switch to the priv once it gets a price cut but not immediately. But anyways people I encounter like the device sytle of the passport but since there's no advertising most people have the standard "BlackBerry still exists?" comment

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 03:37 PM
    In the intro video it says tipping not necessary but if the rider insists go ahead and accept it

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 03:42 PM
    In the intro video it says tipping not necessary but if the rider insists go ahead and accept it

Posted via CB10
    Yes that is true, but I have come across a few passengers who believe that Uber collects 20% tip for each ride. Which is absolutely nonsense.

If you live in a city where Lyft is available then do Lyft a lot better pay.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:38 PM
76 1234