Hi there, been very long time since I last posted on CB but I have never been away. I am here everyday.

Recently I moved from NYC to Sacramento CA and have started driving for both Uber and Lyft for income.
    I have my BB Passport setup with patched Uber and Lyft apps, that work just as good, for taking passenger request.

Here are some of the reactions I get whenever passenger pay attention to device.

Almost every passenger: Is that a phone/ what phone is that?
    Me: It is ... a BlackBerry (now I am excited cause I know the second question is coming)

Pass: Really? that looks like a mini computer.
    Me: Yeah this is their new phone called The Passport, because it is the actual size of a passport.

Pass: Does it fit in your pocket?
    Me: Does your passport fit you pocket?

Pass: What made you decide on BlackBerry?
    Me: Because I have had the iPhone and the Android and I have had the best of them.. but this phone is on another class.

Pass: What do you like the most about this phone, software or hardware?
    Me: Definitely the software, not that I don't like the hardware but the software is what makes this phone amazing.

Pass: What do you like the most about the software?
    Me: Where do I begin? The Hub would be the best part for it for me overall.. Then I show the phone and how it works.
    Pass Reaction: Oh wow,.. Nooooo.. Oh wow.. NOOO.. oh wow..

I love talking to people about technology and its advances.. But I love it even more when I talk about BlackBerry. Awesome Phone..

Oh and I make sure they understand that I know a lot about phones than they do by explaining things not just giving opinions, So they don't take my words lightly thinking oh he is just a cab driver..

Oh did I forget something?
    Pass: How is the battery life?
    Me: (sad face like I am so disappointed) only two days... hahahahahaha
    Pass reaction you say? keep guessing..

Just wanted to share some of reactions I get from passengers.
    Have a good day all.

===============================================

Go to the link below to download the latest working patched apps..
    I'll keep updating this folder as newer versions are pushed..

https://app.box.com/s/rc7k9f96wcbbn7hj3xr6bqfmmtfg8y9l

In the folder there is:
    Google Play services patched by Cobalt
    Uber Partner App
    Uber Rider
    Lyft
    Last edited by tatail; 04-14-15 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Added Link for patched files
    04-09-15 07:57 PM
    Haha that sounds great

Posted via CB10
    tatail and ridmaur like this.
    04-09-15 08:02 PM
    You should write up a testimonial and forward it to BlackBerry for insertion into the 'thud'!

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    tatail likes this.
    04-09-15 09:01 PM
    Nice! It's curious that you had to patch the apps, but good on you for putting in the effort. I'm sure you mention the ability to run android apps too like you're doing already…. Now that's a practical example of "Work Wide" since you can probably see more of the map than on a widescreen phone, I presume?
    tatail likes this.
    04-09-15 10:24 PM
    Great job, we need more people like you. Keep up the great work and do share your stories.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler, miker476 and tatail like this.
    04-09-15 10:30 PM
    Nice! It's curious that you had to patch the apps, but good on you for putting in the effort. I'm sure you mention the ability to run android apps too like you're doing already…. Now that's a practical example of "Work Wide" since you can probably see more of the map than on a widescreen phone, I presume?
    Yes I sure mention to them the benefit of having a wide screen as well as running all Android apps that don't depend on Google services as well mentioning to them that if it does depend on Google services there are work arounds such as Uber and Lyft app.

I go into detail with the passenger depending on their knowledge of phones as well as the length of the trip.. I can't give too much details if it is a short trip but I always try to keep effective.
    04-09-15 11:12 PM
    Would you guys believe me if I told you that when newly started driving for Lyft I met an ex-employ of BlackBerry, here in Elk Grove, CA?

As soon as he got into the car, he was like oh you got the new Passport my jaw was about to drop in surprise, someone knew about the device..
    He didn't say at first who he was, but did ask me how I liked.. Of course I said I love it..

He then mentioned that he was an ex-employ of BBRY and he worked on a prototype of the Passport back 2012..

I asked him what he was carrying but very unsatisfyingly he said Sony Z3.. He was not one bit happy but he said he had to live with it because his company required it..

Awesome guy.. And he tipped me well in the end too which was very nice of him..
    He was very fond the Passport and could have bragged about it for as long as I would have let him except that we got to his house sooner. lol

Maybe I'll stick around the bar where I picked him last time so we can have another conversation about it..
    Oh yeah,, of course I had to ask him if he visited CB and he of course said yes.. He said he visited the forums from time to time and still does..
    Very cool guy I have to say..

I'll add to this forum any future stories and if anyone is else using BBRY for Lyft or Uber you are most welcome to share your stories here.
    04-09-15 11:23 PM
    Can't wait for stories on Google or apple employees.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:35 PM
    Hi there, been very long time since I last posted on CB but I have never been away. I am here everyday.

Recently I moved from NYC to Sacramento CA and have started driving for both Uber and Lyft for income.
    I have my BB Passport setup with patched Uber and Lyft apps, that work just as good, for taking passenger request.

Here are some of the reactions I get whenever passenger pay attention to device.

Almost every passenger: Is that a phone/ what phone is that?
    Me: It is ... a BlackBerry (now I am excited cause I know the second question is coming)

Pass: Really? that looks like a mini computer.
    Me: Yeah this is their new phone called The Passport, because it is the actual size of a passport.

Pass: Does it fit in your pocket?
    Me: Does your passport fit you pocket?

Pass: What made you decide on BlackBerry?
    Me: Because I have had the iPhone and the Android and I have had the best of them.. but this phone is on another class.

Pass: What do you like the most about this phone, software or hardware?
    Me: Definitely the software, not that I don't like the hardware but the software is what makes this phone amazing.

Pass: What do you like the most about the software?
    Me: Where do I begin? The Hub would be the best part for it for me overall.. Then I show the phone and how it works.
    Pass Reaction: Oh wow,.. Nooooo.. Oh wow.. NOOO.. oh wow..

I love talking to people about technology and its advances.. But I love it even more when I talk about BlackBerry. Awesome Phone..

Oh and I make sure they understand that I know a lot about phones than they do by explaining things not just giving opinions, So they don't take my words lightly thinking oh he is just a cab driver..

Oh did I forget something?
    Pass: How is the battery life?
    Me: (sad face like I am so disappointed) only two days... hahahahahaha
    Pass reaction you say? keep guessing..

Just wanted to share some of reactions I get from passengers.
    Have a good day all.
    Very cool, and good to know there is someone else in my local area with the Passport.
    04-09-15 11:44 PM
    how did you patch the apps? Can you send them over. I was using Ober for a while but a forced upgrade on the Uber API left me hanging. Sucked.
    tatail likes this.
    04-10-15 01:41 AM
    That's so cool that the ex employee saw that you had a Passport. Not sure why he or she left, but it must have felt good to see what they worked on being used in the real world.

Posted via CB10
    tatail likes this.
    04-10-15 02:56 AM
    Sounds like you were being interviewed by the people..

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 08:03 PM
    This is just the thread I need!

I've been paying 10 bucks a week for that stupid iphone 4, I can barely read the directions when I'm driving. I just downloaded 10.3. Looking to do exactly what you have.

Does the Uber app ever crash on you? You got uber and google maps working with cobalts patcher right?
    04-11-15 12:39 AM
    Nice!

Via BlackBerry Passport (At&t Version) love the sexy curves
    04-11-15 01:12 AM
    how did you patch the apps? Can you send them over. I was using Ober for a while but a forced upgrade on the Uber API left me hanging. Sucked.
    Do you need the Uber passenger app or driver app?
    04-11-15 06:44 AM
    This is just the thread I need!

I've been paying 10 bucks a week for that stupid iphone 4, I can barely read the directions when I'm driving. I just downloaded 10.3. Looking to do exactly what you have.

Does the Uber app ever crash on you? You got uber and google maps working with cobalts patcher right?
    Yes I patched the app using Cobalts patcher and no it doesn't crash it just gives an error that Google play services stopped.. just clicking Okay will make it dissappear..
    04-11-15 06:47 AM
    Mine almost word for word the same ha ha can't believe it

Posted via BBPP
    04-11-15 07:32 AM
    Yes I patched the app using Cobalts patcher and no it doesn't crash it just gives an error that Google play services stopped.. just clicking Okay will make it dissappear..
    Cool, I'm having some trouble with it. Did you download all of Cobalt's goolgle play store links and the patcher?
    04-11-15 12:56 PM
    You can make it work just by installing prepatched Google services by Cobalt, I think it is version 6.0.9 or something like that.

But I have Google services, BlackBerry Google ID and Google Login installed.

I tried patching Google services and failed so I just use the pre-patched provided by Cobalt.
    04-11-15 04:51 PM
    Did you get a car mount like the one in this video to compliment your car? It would be really cool to demo the Passport on the mount because people would be in AWE by it.

04-11-15 05:11 PM
    So I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima SV, beautiful car..
    For car mount you will be surprised what I am using..
    What I have is the Passport Sync Pod and just works great..
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=CqJsPg9B

Even though I don't have the phone setting on somewhere apparent it still does catch the eyes of the passenger.
    04-11-15 06:11 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well done OP!!

I get amazing reactions from my Passport here in Tokyo...

Stand out!

From my awesome Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    tatail likes this.
    04-11-15 06:23 PM
    My second passenger for the day: "We got distracted by the BlackBerry."

She had a new phone, which a Samsung Galaxy phone, which is the Galaxy Edge phone..

While getting out of the car she was two minded of keeping the Edge. Lol

My first passenger of the day, a San Diego stationed Navy who was visiting family and friends for the weekend carrying a LG Android phone was super impressed with the Passport as well.

I might not be able to have another conversation about the Passport for the day because everyone will be drunk but will surely post about it if I do.
    04-11-15 10:33 PM
    Did you get a car mount like the one in this video to compliment your car? It would be really cool to demo the Passport on the mount because people would be in AWE by it.

If anyone's looking for a great car mount, I can recommend this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MagicM...UvbUpU11553589
    I slip one of the included magnets into my Passport Hard Shell case and it works well. I also use the other magnet inside a TPU case for my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-12-15 12:30 AM
    Today one my passenger, Thomas, said I should be a sales representative for BlackBerry.

So around 12:15 AM I was heading back from Fremont, CA to Sacramento, CA after visiting family. On my way without expecting any Uber requests I went online and a few mins later boom I received a request in Pleasanton, CA by highway 580. I accepted the request.

A min later I received a call from Thomas, "hey this is my first time using Uber, are you coming to pick me up?" Sure, I said but have you used a promo code or no since it is your first time? He said "No" so I sent my promo code to save him money for his first ride and get a bonus from Uber.. but he had already used a code but didn't know that he had.

5 Mins later I arrived there, and picked Thomas up.

Thomas, is currently working for Cisco, and before that he was for gaming software company, and he has recently has given an interview for the big G. (Good luck Thomas).

It was a 13 min ride, as soon as Thomas got into the car he said "So, how does this work? Because my phone is has 3% battery left and I don't know how to pay you."

Me: Oh no worries what phone do you have?
    Thomas: And Android phone (it was Note 4)

Me: Quickly unplugged my passport gave him the cord while saying, "you can charge with this my phone will last another two days."
    That went unnoticed because was excited about Uber and was surprised that I picked him quickly and as soon as he typed in his destination my phone was navigating.

He said about his wife and where he returned from and then about himself.. The moment I got to know he was tech guy and that he had just given an interview to Google, five minutes had passed but I was so excited to take my turn.. I ended up cutting him off, though ..

Me: do you know what phone this is? Since it was dark he couldn't see the BlackBerry logo so he said Note?
    Me: without letting a moment pass I swiped my finger across the keyboard and keyboard back light lit..
    Thomas: Is that a BlackBerry?

Long story short, when he was getting out he was impressed with how Uber worked, cause I dropped him off in his driveway.
    He was super impressed with the Passport. At one point he said "BlackBerry is making a comeback."

And yes he said I should be working for BlackBerry.. Lol..
    Oh, and I told him that I will post about our conversation so he was very cool about it.. ..

I know I am not the best of the writers out there, but hey I am trying..
    04-13-15 04:55 AM
76 123 ...