I'm thinking about getting a passport. How much should I pay? What's a fair price for one these days?
    10-23-18 02:49 PM
    I'm thinking about getting a passport. How much should I pay? What's a fair price for one these days?
    I sold one a year ago for $120 CAD. - so maybe $100 or less but there does seem to be a tiny demand from the curious.
    Byrese likes this.
    10-23-18 02:58 PM
    I sold one a year ago for $120 CAD. - so maybe $100 or less but there does seem to be a tiny demand from the curious.
    I just like trying different stuff. And I've never tried BB10 before and the passport (which is so different) in particular. I've seen some on flee bay for around $100 U. S
    10-23-18 05:56 PM
    I just like trying different stuff. And I've never tried BB10 before and the passport (which is so different) in particular. I've seen some on flee bay for around $100 U. S
    As long as you are aware of the limitations (there are plenty!) and can afford it, it may be worth a try just to satisfy your curiosity lol. The Passport is still my daily device (just turned 4 years old a couple of days ago) but I am not dependent on apps to any large degree. For me it's all about the calling, texting, emailing with a few other apps thrown in. Notifications on those core functions are unsurpassed by iOS or android IMHO. Good Luck!
    10-23-18 06:05 PM
    If you already have a KEYone/KEY2/KEY2 LE, then I'd say about $100 or so at most on a Passport these days.
    10-24-18 07:05 AM
    I recently picked up an unlocked AT&T Passport (SQW100-3) on eBay for $58 CAD. The only issue was that they cracked the back cover near the bottom when doing their "refurbishment" process. On a side note, I've seen so many of these Passports with that issue. Can none of these people watch a YouTube video to see that you heat up and remove the chin piece first?

Anyway it's a great deal because I have another Frankenstein passport (replaced screen, keyboard and battery myself) that got the "emergency calls only disease". That one was still functional on WiFi but it just felt cheap and crappy with all the teardowns I had done. So I just swapped out the back cover and it's perfect. Not a scratch on it and the keyboard feels so fresh and brand new. I downloaded the Battery Guru app to check the cycles and this thing has only gone through 10. It's basically brand new. Really pleased with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-18 11:33 PM
    Absolutely makes no sense to own passport in 2018
    With my recent experiences
    I tried to use online website to park my car and the browser didn't support payment
    Tried to send money from banking site, and it redirected to blank page on both browsers (default and chrome)

Too much of compromise to stay with Passport now.

I would rather go with Key2 or an iPhone even if it costs more. Atleast it will work!

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    10-31-18 05:30 AM
    Absolutely makes no sense to own passport in 2018
    With my recent experiences
    I tried to use online website to park my car and the browser didn't support payment
    Tried to send money from banking site, and it redirected to blank page on both browsers (default and chrome)

Too much of compromise to stay with Passport now.

I would rather go with Key2 or an iPhone even if it costs more. Atleast it will work!

Posted via CB10
    If you want a keyboard and don't care for the capacitive touch or the extra 500mAh in battery size, then I'd even recommend the KEY2 LE
    10-31-18 05:55 AM
    I bought mine on ebay a couple of years ago for $80, but it had a broken Sim reader. Nowadays, a pefectly working one should be around that

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    10-31-18 08:27 AM
    I finally bought one for $60, it's in pretty decent shape

Posted via CB10
    11-07-18 02:41 PM
    I finally bought one for $60, it's in pretty decent shape

Posted via CB10
    That's a pretty decent price actually
    11-08-18 09:42 AM
    Blackberry Passport still pack a lot of power unrivaled by any till date. Only issue is the lack of android app.
    11-09-18 04:40 PM
    Blackberry Passport still pack a lot of power unrivaled by any till date. Only issue is the lack of android app.
    Yeah I think Android 4.3 and lower is on less than 3.5% of all devices now. Nobody is developing with those users in mind anymore.

That being said, if you're willing to put some work in, Passport is more than usable for most things. It's still such a nice and fast device to use.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-18 11:07 PM
    It's still such a nice and fast device to use.
    As far as running resource heavy android apps (not even games), I wouldn't call it blazing fast but it's the only BB10 device with a fast enough chipset to sort of get through 2018-2019
    11-11-18 04:18 AM
    Agreed, but I see at my passport that the android apps like spotify or whatsapp needs time to open and that is a little bit annoying.
    11-11-18 04:44 PM
    Nothing

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    11-13-18 07:05 AM
    I just bought one four days ago for $199.00. My first BlackBerry since the Curve I had back in 2009. I love this phone! For its hardware, quality, and form factor.

But, to be honest, in the fees days I've had it I've had some frustration with lack of usable apps and support. What a shame that BlackBerry abandoned such an awesome device and to a large extent it's customer-base.

If you got patience and no dependency on particular apps I'd still recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-18 02:18 PM
    mine is a backup just in case my keyone gets trashed by a falling safe or piano.
    12-09-18 06:09 PM
    I just bought one four days ago for $199.00. My first BlackBerry since the Curve I had back in 2009. I love this phone! For its hardware, quality, and form factor.

But, to be honest, in the fees days I've had it I've had some frustration with lack of usable apps and support. What a shame that BlackBerry abandoned such an awesome device and to a large extent it's customer-base.

If you got patience and no dependency on particular apps I'd still recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry didn’t abandon the Passport or it's ecosystem. It never really existed as BB10 was introduced long after the Android/IOS duopoly was established and supported by the developer community.
    12-09-18 06:22 PM
    I've been out of the blackberry circle for many years now but I'm sure BlackBerry could have done more to draw developers and consumers to the ecosystem.

I don't know if they do this currently but They could start by hiring developers to make and maintain apps for them. Eventually drawing more developers to the ecosystem. True, open source will always be better but at least BlackBerry world wouldn't seem barren of popular apps.

It's phones have been heavily marketed as business phones but they could have marketed to average consumers as well since the phone performs well for any purpose.

I see that at the moment newer BlackBerry phones are powered by android yet consumers reviewing on youtube are still addressing them as high security business phones. This makes them seem as a niche product which in turn reduces market share.

Security is great (coming from IT perspective) but the world buys phones for social media and games. That's what they gotta turn towards if they want a bigger piece of the pie.

The WORK HARD PLAY HARD mind set would render better results than focusing on the product's worth as a secure productivity tool.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-18 09:01 PM
    You mention blackberry hasn't abandoned the passport but it's not listed among the products on their site. They got the Punkt or whatever it's called and the priv but no passport

Posted via CB10
    12-09-18 09:05 PM
    I've been out of the blackberry circle for many years now but I'm sure BlackBerry could have done more to draw developers and consumers to the ecosystem.

I don't know if they do this currently but They could start by hiring developers to make and maintain apps for them. Eventually drawing more developers to the ecosystem. True, open source will always be better but at least BlackBerry world wouldn't seem barren of popular apps.

It's phones have been heavily marketed as business phones but they could have marketed to average consumers as well since the phone performs well for any purpose.

I see that at the moment newer BlackBerry phones are powered by android yet consumers reviewing on youtube are still addressing them as high security business phones. This makes them seem as a niche product which in turn reduces market share.

Security is great (coming from IT perspective) but the world buys phones for social media and games. That's what they gotta turn towards if they want a bigger piece of the pie.

The WORK HARD PLAY HARD mind set would render better results than focusing on the product's worth as a secure productivity tool.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's dead. The only way to support anything BlackBerry at this point is by buying a KEY2 or KEY2 LE.
    12-10-18 07:39 AM
    I bought one about six months ago! It's a good phone if your not app dependent. If I were you I would just get Key2 LE because I'm afraid the passports prime is long gone.i still use it but as soon as I get enough money I'm getting LE myself. With a busy school and work schedule the passport barely gets me by now and I do A LOT of compromising to drive this passport daily. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-18 11:21 AM