All phones multitask. I would say that the bb10 version is pretty slick. However, I would put user multitasking above OS multitasking in importance.

I have no allegiance to Samsung. I give all platforms and phones a fair shot. I have put the features of the passport above those of the note for my next phone. Does not mean I belittle other phone features that are useful.
    User multitasking feature would be awesome on a huge screen. Note serie has the largest screen among smart phones, but it would be more usable on a screen of at least 7 inches.

That being said, Note serie isn't too shabby at phone multitasking neither.

Overall, I prefer BlackBerry 10 over Android, even though i do have to rely on a few Andoid apps for my daily usage.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-15-14 04:44 PM
    I can have an email and browser in my split screen. By hitting the back button I can see both apps. However when you type the keyboard covers half the screen so you cannot see the bottom window. Is that what you are referring to?
    That is exactly what I was referring to. I owned the first Note (back then everyone was giving me the same blank stares as they do now about the PP) and then Note 3, so I can appreciate their unique features, but multitasking is not one of them (according to my use case).

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 05:32 PM
    I can watch a video while browsing in the bottom half of the screen. Can the passport? Not that I do that but I can if I want.
    11-15-14 05:45 PM
    Yes only about 32 of my apps work in split screen of my 140 total apps installed. But games are not really an app you would want in split screen anyway so that takes off about 30 of my apps. The pen is useful if you have a use for it. Some people do not need it so the Note would obviously not be a good choice for them.

I can have an email and browser in my split screen. By hitting the back button I can see both apps. However when you type the keyboard covers half the screen so you cannot see the bottom window. Is that what you are referring to?
    My only question to you would be why do you have 140 apps? I have maybe 30 and can do everything my desktop can. I can play games from my browser or retroarch emulator. No need for 30 game apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 05:47 PM
    I have kids. They play every game for a brief moment then switch. I don't really play games. Maybe 5 at most. Once they require too much leveling up I lose patience and I definitely don't do in app purchases.

Many of my apps are never used but got them for free during giveaways and such. No need to delete them they just stay in my app drawer. Used apps are on my home screens.
    11-15-14 05:52 PM
    I can watch a video while browsing in the bottom half of the screen. Can the passport? Not that I do that but I can if I want.

What is the one feature most likely to silence a Android/iOS fanboi?-img_20141116_020048.png

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:01 PM
    Emailing "forever ", Hub and keyboard. Today I was amazed, I didn't have to type any key to write a subject in an email compose, just "predictions".

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:09 PM
    All phones multitask. I would say that the bb10 version is pretty slick. However, I would put user multitasking above OS multitasking in importance.

I have no allegiance to Samsung. I give all platforms and phones a fair shot. I have put the features of the passport above those of the note for my next phone. Does not mean I belittle other phone features that are useful.
    That's fair. It's not like this hasn't been discussed before with always the same outcome: preferences If BB10 would support multiwindow, I'd probably use it sometimes of course, but I'd still prefer BlackBerrys multitasking w/o multiwindow over Android w/ multiwindow though.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:19 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141116_020048.png 
Views:	510 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	314704

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome. Why haven't I seen any passport reviews showing this feature?
    11-15-14 06:20 PM
    Can the passport? Not that I do that but I can if I want.
    Yup you just made my very point :-P

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:21 PM
    Yup you just made my very point :-P

Posted via CB10
    So because I don't use it no one does and it's worthless?
    11-15-14 06:22 PM
    Because it isn't built in feature within the OS, it's a single third party app with 5 built in apps that can be split screened. So more of a "5 in 1 app with splitscreen support".....not really comparable to Samsung's and other's OS-global solutions.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:25 PM
    Because it's an app released a few days ago.

What is the one feature most likely to silence a Android/iOS fanboi?-img_20141116_022355.png

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:25 PM
    Because it isn't built in feature within the OS, it's a single third party app with 5 built in apps that can be split screened. So more of a "5 in 1 app with splitscreen support".....not really comparable to Samsung's and other's OS-global solutions.

Posted via CB10
    Still cool and basically the same as Samsung but with less apps.
    11-15-14 06:29 PM
    So because I don't use it no one does and it's worthless?
    No it isn't worthless. But IMO it isn't worth boasting about it as "superior" or "more real" multitasking over BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is no os with built-in split screen fuctionality.
    Samsung's is an application too..
    It's not a native android feature.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-15-14 06:31 PM
    Mehh I tried modifying my Clash of clans village on samsung from a picture on the device itself and it was a pain..

Easily done that on a bb10 device with the app switching.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the real test. BB10 comes out on top.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:07 PM
    Duh......... the battery life!!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:36 PM
    Hub is the keynote
    application is the weakness
    11-16-14 12:24 AM
    The ability to download virtually any app from several app stores. Enough of this app base nonsense. Oh and BlackBerry Hub. It only makes sense.

Post via BlackBerry Passport, the best damn smartphone thus far.
    11-16-14 12:25 AM
    I would give them and end to end demo:

1. Start with the shade pulled down. Show them how it blocks calls and texts while you are sleeping.
    2. Remove the shade and then go into your hub. Show them how you can not only see and reply to emails, but can also see and reply to texts, BBM, Whatsapp, Facebook, and Linked in messages, all without having to open the individual apps.
    3. Reply to a message and show them the awesome capacitative keyboard and flick typing.
    4. Pre-install a cross section of 8 apps that they would never think would work on a Blackberry. My choices would be candy crush, netflix, skype, MS Office, BitTorque (set a torrent to download and then minimize it), Google Maps, and Uber, with your 8th app being the browser.
    5. Open youtube in your browser, fire up your playlist, and then minimize. Let the music run in the background while you are flipping back and forth between playing Candy Crush, checking on the status of your torrent download, and editing one of your word docs. Show them how fluid and easy it is to navigate in the OS.
    6. Peek back into your hub while you have on of your apps in the forefront.
    7. Open SNAP and show them the entire Google Play store catalogue.
    8. Plug a USB thumb drive into your phone and show them how you can copy and paste files back and forth in the awesome file manager.
    9. Open the device monitor and show them the rock solid OS and battery use.
    10. Close your apps and pull your shade down after a long day of work and play.
    You should create a Youtube video of this demonstration

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-16-14 01:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    But it's built right into their UI that runs on top of Android. Or are only a limited number of certain apps supported?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:55 AM
    But it's built right into their UI that runs on top of Android. Or are only a limited number of certain apps supported?

Posted via CB10
    Limited

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure where the code is written. I think its in the samsung android OS as a modified android vanilla code. I have Nova Launcher which gets rid of Touchwiz and I still have split screen and still have all the stylus functionality. So the coding is not in the touchwiz skin. Not sure really. I am not a programmer by any stretch.
    11-16-14 09:26 AM
131 ... 3456