Fire up Instagram after you do that(oh you can't), they will be really impressed..LOL
    Oh, you mean like this?

What is the one feature most likely to silence a Android/iOS fanboi?-img_20141113_145513.png
    Evindzer and Smitty13 like this.
    11-13-14 04:57 PM
    Surely one of the definitions of a "fanboi" (I hate that word anyway) is that it wouldn't make any difference what you showed them?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 05:00 PM
    Thanks for the input guys, some of you were helpful...others misunderstood my original post and thought I was wanting to be an annoying fanboi myself...and still others wanted to make it about "my phone is better than yours"...anyways, carry on if you must, but I'm checking out of this one so I can get ready for my trip!
    11-13-14 05:02 PM
    Guys, we found the Samsung plant. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.
    As a matter of fact, Samsung just recently made a decision to move their phone plant to near my place, expanding the current plant, in a multi-billion dollars projects - I am not sure of the number though as I couldn't care less about whatever they are putting money in.
    And that was not the first time I had posted similar story in this forum. I've seen my colleagues and my friends working with their Notes many many times.
    There is no doubt that BBs are great working tool. But do look around, and see beyond whatever being written about fanboys and isheeps and iOS and Android, or else the BBRY fans are no different to those whom they referred to as isheeps or fanboys. .
    Or I guess my message is don't try to silence them, because they do have one or a few things which would get you dumbstruck.
    Evindzer and thymaster like this.
    11-13-14 10:31 PM
    When not in split screen video is full screen. If you want to text you would have to switch apps which would pause the video. Or you window it and pull up a texting window. When done maximize the video window again.

Really the only phones I am considering at the moment are the note 4 or passport. Both have features I really like which makes picking so hard.
    Get the Note 8 (should be selling cheaply nowadays) and Passport :-)
    11-14-14 03:01 AM
    Superior multitasking... play a youtube video and seamlessly go to hub and other applications while it's playing... ask them to do the same on their phone... done

Posted via CB10
    iOS can do this too. BB10 has some unique features, but this is not one of them.

Here is someone showing you how to do it on iOS 7 (works the same way on iOS 8).

11-14-14 06:43 AM
    It's unfortunate that stupid people are not a breed that have already died. That could die permanently. Or find it amusing to play dead most of the time. Maybe someday a brilliant company will be able to sell something to stupid people that will totally control them into further depths of stupidity. After years of stupidity, a con cession or realization or self stupidity may have a chance to be made. From there we can only dream.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    11-14-14 06:54 AM
    I just tel them, this is the new phone for a company that was supposedly dead and another one is coming on December , and then I show them the phone. They get shocked with the Passport every time and want to take a look. Then I show them the Hub and the quick settings from the top including turning the flashlight just a swipe away, after that I disable the Rotation Lock, and open the browser on a news site or something with a log reading article, then show them scrolling the page with the keyboard and when they want to try it I flip the phone to the side and let them scroll the page with the keyboard vertical. The moronic face they put is worth a million.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1010 on AT&T
    11-14-14 07:09 AM
    Lately I've begun a different approach. I refuse to show them anything and tell them to just stick to what they have. I joked with one friend and told him the BlackBerry 10 platform is like the little red pill that Neo took (the Matrix) and that I didn't think he wanted to know what the new BlackBerry platform is and what the future of BlackBerry is because it would likely mess things up for him. He has since educated himself and is asking me for advice on switching when his upgrade comes.

Posted via CB10
    netwerx1 and Evindzer like this.
    11-14-14 10:32 AM
    The form factor and capacitive keyboard are the wow factors for me on the passport. For some people though, a physical keyboard is an automatic deal breaker and source of ridicule. Don't let those people bother you.
    11-14-14 10:43 AM
    Oh the ironing
    Indeed

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:21 PM
    Lately I've begun a different approach. I refuse to show them anything and tell them to just stick to what they have. I joked with one friend and told him the BlackBerry 10 platform is like the little red pill that Neo took (the Matrix) and that I didn't think he wanted to know what the new BlackBerry platform is and what the future of BlackBerry is because it would likely mess things up for him. He has since educated himself and is asking me for advice on switching when his upgrade comes.

Posted via CB10
    That is what I do too. I'd just tell them, you are too hipster, stick to your iPhone, or I don't think you will like it... and it is like reverse psychology.. .the more you tell them it is not meant for them the more they seem to want it!

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-14-14 10:23 PM
    Sorry to say that using one note or snote on the Note 3 with Spen is an amazing feature. As stated, I can take notes and they turn into phone numbers, contacts, memos and text. I can also draw very accurately which is useful for me being a designer.

Have you seen the Note 4 multitasking? Video playback while texting and emailing and surfing the web all at the same time in split screen. Just like a desktop. It actually looks a little laggy to me, but it is way more multi capable than BB10. Apple and WP8 are seriously behind samsung on that ability. BB10 is close.

I still want a Passport but just dismissing the competition because one prefers BB is classic Fanboy. You can like BB more than android or iOS but do not claim them to be completely inferior because of your preference.
    Sorry but the split screen feature is awful on the note. There's no praising it. Not only that but it can only be done on select apps. Please, don't glorify the split screen on the note. It's terrible. As for the S-Pen, it's for people that have patience. I had the note. I used the pen for a day or two. It's a gimmick. The note is a great device, but definitely not as good as you're claiming it to be.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-14-14 10:49 PM
    A muzzle.

Sorry, couldn't help it!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:53 PM
    let's revist this when thePassport is selling very well...and stop feeding that troll...Inswhateverhisnameis
    11-14-14 11:36 PM
    A brick

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-15-14 03:18 AM
    The 'split screen' multitasking of samsung is a joke. Try typing an email while you 'multitask' with a browser.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:07 AM
    I just returned from Vegas....was hoping to find a case for my Passport that wasn't available here in "rural" Canada...didn't realize no one there has even seen or heard of a Passport yet...walked into a Sprint or some cell other store that had lots of cases, pulled out my Passport and asked if they had a case for it...All 5 employees came over to stare, touch it, ask questions...they all thought BB was dead....silly people. When I left they were all googling info & reviews of the Passport!
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-15-14 10:04 AM
    I just returned from Vegas....was hoping to find a case for my Passport that wasn't available here in "rural" Canada...didn't realize no one there has even seen or heard of a Passport yet...walked into a Sprint or some cell other store that had lots of cases, pulled out my Passport and asked if they had a case for it...All 5 employees came over to stare, touch it, ask questions...they all thought BB was dead....silly people. When I left they were all googling info & reviews of the Passport!
    Sprint will never carry the passport. They're a CDMA carrier. If you were going to a store to find a case it would have to be AT&T but not even they have released the phone yet. I wouldn't hold my breath. You're better off ordering online.

11-15-14 10:26 AM
    That is what I do too. I'd just tell them, you are too hipster, stick to your iPhone, or I don't think you will like it... and it is like reverse psychology.. .the more you tell them it is not meant for them the more they seem to want it!

Posted via CB10
    I think the OP was looking for a few things to produce the mind-blown effect, rather than to convert. As for hipsters, just say that iPhones are so mainstream, and that before touchscreens there were keyboards. So the Passport and Classic would be the hipster phone of choice, if there was a native Instagram app.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    power5 likes this.
    11-15-14 03:01 PM
    Sorry but the split screen feature is awful on the note. There's no praising it. Not only that but it can only be done on select apps. Please, don't glorify the split screen on the note. It's terrible. As for the S-Pen, it's for people that have patience. I had the note. I used the pen for a day or two. It's a gimmick. The note is a great device, but definitely not as good as you're claiming it to be.

Yes only about 32 of my apps work in split screen of my 140 total apps installed. But games are not really an app you would want in split screen anyway so that takes off about 30 of my apps. The pen is useful if you have a use for it. Some people do not need it so the Note would obviously not be a good choice for them.

The 'split screen' multitasking of samsung is a joke. Try typing an email while you 'multitask' with a browser.

Posted via CB10
    I can have an email and browser in my split screen. By hitting the back button I can see both apps. However when you type the keyboard covers half the screen so you cannot see the bottom window. Is that what you are referring to?
    11-15-14 03:11 PM
    How about meeting then on their turf?

Open & reply WhatsApp messages from Hub, WhatsApp, pictures app & browser.

Alternatively open a few copies of Facebook like in Hub, browser, pictures, movies and even CB at the same time.

This will show them true multi tasking.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:14 PM
    If you were to attend a technology conference (as I am next week) with a thousand or so colleagues who are technology professionals, many of which are rather fanboy-ish in their admiration for their iPhones and Android flagships, what would be the one thing you would show them on the Passport that they would have no reasonable answer for with their device of choice? Not to convert them of course, but to just shut them up with a wink and a smile? I'm already starting to hear the "dude, BlackBerry?" comments from some of them on the conference's social app.

I'm making a little list in Remember of a few things so I don't forget, and thought I would get some input from other Passport owners...thanks!
    Well that hat list is long.

- brightest screen
    - widest screen
    - best built quality
    - super loud speakers
    - best call quality
    - best reception
    - keyboard with additional touch functionality

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:47 PM
    Sorry what is going on in the background is not multitasking. If you can't access multiple apps at the same time it's not multitasking.
    I know Samsung users don't like to hear it, but AFAIK this statement is pretty wrong, at least they way you say it.

To make it short and clear up the confusion:
    He means the phone multitasking, you mean the user multitasking. Two different things. They reason why he prefers the "BlackBerry's phone multitasking" over "Samsung's user multitasking" though, is that proper phone multitasking does help on more occasions and use cases (therefore more important) than user multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 04:08 PM
    I know Samsung users don't like to hear it, but AFAIK this statement is pretty wrong, at least they way you say it.

To make it short and clear up the confusion:
    He means the phone multitasking, you mean the user multitasking. Two different things. They reason why he prefers the "BlackBerry's phone multitasking" over "Samsung's user multitasking" though, is that proper phone multitasking does help on more occasions and use cases (therefore more important) than user multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    All phones multitask. I would say that the bb10 version is pretty slick. However, I would put user multitasking above OS multitasking in importance.

I have no allegiance to Samsung. I give all platforms and phones a fair shot. I have put the features of the passport above those of the note for my next phone. Does not mean I belittle other phone features that are useful.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-15-14 04:35 PM
131 ... 23456