1. Start with the shade pulled down. Show them how it blocks calls and texts while you are sleeping.
    iOS has had that feature for quite some time...
    11-13-14 02:10 AM
    I'm sorry, even if you showed them a superior phone that wouldn't silence them. They're soooooo brainwashed. If it was a BlackBerry they'd never admit defeat.

Posted via CB10
    It's has nothing to do with being brainwashed, it's a choice.

Don't start this crap.
    11-13-14 02:30 AM
    Put a Samsung sticker on it. Pass it over to them. At that point they will conclude that it's the one of the better devices made since God left Chicago.

Then remove the stickers as you slowly walk away.

BleedBlk-
    Was that supposed to be funny lol?
    11-13-14 02:33 AM
    Do Androids have Wifi-Direct?
    It's pretty awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's an old feature...
    11-13-14 02:34 AM
    Most of the suggestions apply to BB10 phones, but the Passport has a few new tricks, that's for sure.
    11-13-14 05:45 AM
    Sorry to go against the topic.
    Last Friday, I was showing one of my friend my Passport and she loved it. But then my jaw dropped when she showed me her new Note with the S-pen. She took note during the meeting with her client, edit and put that into text and composed a report for her boss and a sum up email for her client with attached document on the way back. At the end of the day, she was enjoying the evening while I would later have to work more.
    A working tool? A stylus pen and hand writing recognition capability for Passport would make it the dream phone for me.
    I would appreciate any recommendation for a stylus pen and hand writing recognition app for my Passport.

My friend got her Note 4 as a present from one of her clients who had been seeing her being able to do so much with her older version of Note. She's been helping that business a lot of course.
    Guys, we found the Samsung plant. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 05:57 AM
    Superior multitasking... play a youtube video and seamlessly go to hub and other applications while it's playing... ask them to do the same on their phone... done

Posted via CB10
    This is honestly the biggest difference for me. Hopping on an Apple device feels like going back in time ten years because of this. People never seem to understand how much this true multitasking changes the entire experience.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 05:59 AM
    Task switching is superior to me on blackberry 10. Probably not a big enough deal to "silence" anyone though.
    Same here. I just like the way it's done. It's a "little" thing, but once you get used to it, you really miss it when you use something else. I went from Z10 to S4, and had the S4 for seven months and never really got used to the long press Home to bring up recent apps. But this is definitely not going to silence anyone, or get more than a shrug from most people.

Because I'm a Word Sub power user, I would definitely make a point of showing how Word Sub can be used to accelerate text input. But I don't know if this would silence anyone.

The Hub is of course exceptional, especially if you show some of the power features, such as pinch for unread only, select and delete prior, etc. But it probably won't silence anyone.

To really silence them, I recommend using the little-known Taser app, buried in Settings under "BlackBerry Protect". Settings>BlackBerry Protect>Taser, then select the "fanboi" option. Works a treat.
    11-13-14 07:17 AM
    BB10 is getting close to two years old (older if you count it's days as the PlayBook OS).... if people aren't impressed at this point. Not much the Passport is capable of doing is going to change that. So don't try to impress... just use your BlackBerry. Check Instagram & Facebook, send a few emails out, look up some directions, check for local restaurants on Foursquare or Yelp! Even if you don't need to do these things, do them over and over around different people...
    11-13-14 07:38 AM
    Guys, we found the Samsung plant. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to say that using one note or snote on the Note 3 with Spen is an amazing feature. As stated, I can take notes and they turn into phone numbers, contacts, memos and text. I can also draw very accurately which is useful for me being a designer.

This is honestly the biggest difference for me. Hopping on an Apple device feels like going back in time ten years because of this. People never seem to understand how much this true multitasking changes the entire experience.

Posted via CB10
    Have you seen the Note 4 multitasking? Video playback while texting and emailing and surfing the web all at the same time in split screen. Just like a desktop. It actually looks a little laggy to me, but it is way more multi capable than BB10. Apple and WP8 are seriously behind samsung on that ability. BB10 is close.

I still want a Passport but just dismissing the competition because one prefers BB is classic Fanboy. You can like BB more than android or iOS but do not claim them to be completely inferior because of your preference.
    11-13-14 07:53 AM
    Sorry to say that using one note or snote on the Note 3 with Spen is an amazing feature. As stated, I can take notes and they turn into phone numbers, contacts, memos and text. I can also draw very accurately which is useful for me being a designer.

Have you seen the Note 4 multitasking? Video playback while texting and emailing and surfing the web all at the same time in split screen. Just like a desktop. It actually looks a little laggy to me, but it is way more multi capable than BB10. Apple and WP8 are seriously behind samsung on that ability. BB10 is close.

I still want a Passport but just dismissing the competition because one prefers BB is classic Fanboy. You can like BB more than android or iOS but do not claim them to be completely inferior because of your preference.
    I don't doubt that the Note 4 is very capable. But what about video playback when not in split screen? I don't like the

You make some good points. But the post I had replied to read like a well thought through advertisement. Lots of buzz words.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:18 AM
    To really silence them, I recommend using the little-known Taser app, buried in Settings under "BlackBerry Protect". Settings>BlackBerry Protect>Taser, then select the "fanboi" option. Works a treat.
    Does that only work in 10.3? Can't find it on 10.2.1.
    11-13-14 08:47 AM
    I don't doubt that the Note 4 is very capable. But what about video playback when not in split screen? I don't like the

You make some good points. But the post I had replied to read like a well thought through advertisement. Lots of buzz words.

Posted via CB10
    When not in split screen video is full screen. If you want to text you would have to switch apps which would pause the video. Or you window it and pull up a texting window. When done maximize the video window again.

Really the only phones I am considering at the moment are the note 4 or passport. Both have features I really like which makes picking so hard.
    11-13-14 09:06 AM
    The Hub

Z10
    11-13-14 09:08 AM
    I get the most satisfying response from most just by pulling out my exquisite Passport. The other platforms just don't have anything like it.

I shocked one little miss at a Source store who had just informed me that BlackBerry was a "dying breed" by pulling out my Passport. She couldn't believe she hadn't heard about it. It was a precious moment for me.

Next is the capacitive keyboard. I open up some app and begin scrolling. So far everyone is impressed.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    A" precious moment" that she hadn't heard of Blackberrys flagship phone. Someone in the advertising department has missed a whole demographic!
    AndyYNWA likes this.
    11-13-14 09:44 AM
    A 10% worldwide share of smartphone users.
    11-13-14 10:10 AM
    iOS has had that feature for quite some time...
    Not saying iOS can't do it. But I like doing this first and last in any E2E demo as it makes nice book ends.
    11-13-14 10:38 AM
    Predictive spelling
    Attachments management
    Size of screen to work on a spreasheet
    User interface that does not need a home button. Show the "layers".
    True multitasking
    The hub

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    11-13-14 01:10 PM
    I have clearly missed this real multitasking in all the bb10 videos I have watched. Samsung introduced split screen multutasking on the Note 2 back in 2012.
    11-13-14 02:27 PM
    I have clearly missed this real multitasking in all the bb10 videos I have watched. Samsung introduced split screen multutasking on the Note 2 back in 2012.
    Blackberry has true multitasking taking place in the background, not just split screen. Take your pick, but I prefer BlackBerry's implementation. Some may prefer Samsung's. Bug BlackBerry's is the truer multitasking of the two. That's why only 8 apps can be opened at once.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    11-13-14 02:38 PM
    Sorry what is going on in the background is not multitasking. If you can't access multiple apps at the same time it's not multitasking. The phone may be multitasking but the user is not. BB10 has a really well done app switching though. Much better than iOS or WP8.
    11-13-14 03:02 PM
    Ignorance is a tough hurdle to overcome when speaking to IOS and Android users. Their phones are play things (toys) for the self absorbed. I do not think they can grasp the big picture when it comes to the HUB,Security,etc,etc. They will once they have been hacked and it cost them time and money. Many major retail accounts across the country will not allow you to send critical information to them on an I-phone or Android device. The exception Blackberry,hmmmm
    11-13-14 03:23 PM
    Ignorance is a tough hurdle to overcome when speaking to IOS and Android users. Their phones are play things (toys) for the self absorbed. I do not think they can grasp the big picture when it comes to the HUB,Security,etc,etc. They will once they have been hacked and it cost them time and money. Many major retail accounts across the country will not allow you to send critical information to them on an I-phone or Android device. The exception Blackberry,hmmmm
    Hah wow, how is the view from way up there? Do we all look like ants? So no one uses an android or iphone for business and no one on a BB has their phone as a consumer device playing games?
    11-13-14 03:27 PM
    Oh the ironing
    11-13-14 03:37 PM
    Ask an iPhoner to email you a single email with three different filetypes. Do, for example, PDF, pages, and a picture.

Literally impossible without paying for a third party app. That'll shut em up real good.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Fire up Instagram after you do that(oh you can't), they will be really impressed..LOL
    11-13-14 04:26 PM
131 12345 ...