Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Also, does anyone who had one when they were new remember what typical battery life was like?

I just started using my new-to-me original Passport last week and have been pretty impressed so far with this five-year-old battery.

On Friday, under heavy use of lots of downloading and messing around because it was only a day old to me (including some GPS and lots of podcast streaming), I unplugged the charger at about 7 a.m. and ran it all the way until about midnight. I was not impressed and was sure I'd have to investigate installing a new battery.

However, since then it's been great. It is 11 a.m. on Tuesday morning and I took it off the charger on Sunday evening at about 10 p.m. The battery shows 27% with 13 hours remaining. My use since Sunday has been some podcasts (thanks to the excellent bPod app), a bit of Evernote with a bunch of camera usage within that app, and a lot of Blend with a couple short phone calls. The only APK I have installed is WhatsApp which I use quite a bit as well.

I'm interested to see how powerful this battery proves to be. I'm also grateful to whoever the previous owner was (I got this one off of eBay) for taking such meticulous care of the phone complete with a screen protector which I happily removed the second I took it out of the box. This thing is in pristine condition. I'm glad I finally got over the lack of a toolbar and alt key to make the leap to this device because it is just fun to use with its capacitive keyboard. This thing does BB10 proud!
    08-27-19 12:04 PM
    How long battery holds is based upon a whole lot of variants. Typically, a full charge on any PP should give about 2 days, more or less. On the other hand, signal strength, talk-time, video playing, emails sent/received, social media and so on and so forth, all play their part. At the end of the day, one day and a half is good, I think, especially on an original battery that has not been replaced.
    08-27-19 12:23 PM
    It very much depends on what apps you access and your settings. Native apps seem to use much less juice and Temps stay normal. I find if I have to access certain Android apps then she starts guzzling the juice and Temps start rising. I can on average get 10-12 hours out of her so far. I did install a bran new battery and Keyboard. Even my K2 I can only get 1 days use out of it. I always hear the 2 day battery life stories and just don't understand how to make mine last that long. I need to see the screen in bright sunlight so turning it down is a no-go. Also restricting CPU seems silly to me. Anyway, that has been my experience thus far. Cheers,

Posted with my Passport
    08-27-19 01:32 PM
    I have one that is brand new, just got it. Granted it's been sitting on a shelf since early 2015(build date) so the battery health may be questionable... however, having said that, it's been on standby for 3 days and I'm at 81% (airplane mode, haha), I've been just playing around with and using it as an alarm.
    08-28-19 10:07 PM
    Time to take it for a harder drive! I have been using mine as a daily driver for 2 weeks with compromises. It is still a very capable performer! Good luck,

Posted with my Passport
    08-28-19 10:30 PM
    sadly battery lasts nothing flat...
    08-29-19 12:36 PM
    Batteries are inexpensive and relatively easy to swap out. Just take your time as you will be prying it off the display screen back. Good luck,

Posted with my Passport
    08-29-19 12:44 PM
    It gets me thru a day, but barely. The battery used to last two days before... now it discharges too fast.

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    08-30-19 10:01 AM
    1-2 days, don't run a lot of Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-19 08:04 PM
    It gets me thru a day, but barely. The battery used to last two days before... now it discharges too fast.

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    My battery is bran new and will only do 12-14 hours on average. Android apps run her down quicker, plus I do not use power saving mode and screen brightness is set for sunny days. As a comparison, my K2 with the same settings lasts through the day, but just barely. I guess I will never get 2 days out of any phone due to my personal preferences!

Posted with my Passport
    08-30-19 08:53 PM
    It all depends on what types of apps you use and the settings. Don't run lots of Android Apps.
    08-31-19 12:19 AM
    What kind of battery life do you get out of your Passport nowadays?-img_20190831_092617.jpg
    Mine will standby for days on the odd occasion that is an option. However, as I use it quite heavily I just about get a day from it. I'm either busy doing emails and reading work stuff when busy or bored and reading CB10, eBay orThe Guardian!

If I really push it though I can murder the battery in a very short time. I have an iPhone 6 to try for work which behaves in much the same way, if not worse. With the iPhone I'm not impressed with the native or Outlook email client so I've given up with it really apart from navigation apps when travelling.

What kind of battery life do you get out of your Passport nowadays?-img_20190831_093515_edit.png
    What kind of battery life do you get out of your Passport nowadays?-img_20190831_093748.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescarruthers; 08-31-19 at 01:38 AM.
    08-31-19 01:26 AM
    Reducing the screen brightness helps the passport battery a lot.
    08-31-19 02:14 AM
    One up to two days but I am not a power user

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    08-31-19 08:56 AM
    Once Passport fully charged, if you only have native apps installed and leave it sitting on desk, no SIM and WiFi only, should outlast the Classic and Q10 the same way.
    08-31-19 09:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    How did you post pictures with the CB10 app?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-19 10:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very carefully.

I believe it requires Templar membership for starters
    Ben xfg likes this.
    08-31-19 10:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I posted via the CB10 app then decided a little later to edit the post using the the native browser. A very clunky work around that leaves the 'Posted via CB10' tag.

My Templar membership application will be relying on this trick and that I have sync'd Gmail contacts and Yahoo mail on my Playbook. I'm feeling confident.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-19 02:16 AM
    I posted via the CB10 app then decided a little later to edit the post using the the native browser. A very clunky work around that leaves the 'Posted via CB10' tag.

My Templar membership application will be relying on this trick and that I have sync'd Gmail contacts and Yahoo mail on my Playbook. I'm feeling confident.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-19 05:55 AM