View Poll Results: Would you buy an all screen Passport?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 44.12%
  • No

15 44.12%
  • Maybe

4 11.76%
    Would you guys still buy it?

I have no PhotoShop skills. Maybe someone can post a pic without a keyboard. I'm wondering just how far you would be willing to step outside the box for a new form factor.
    10-21-14 07:38 PM
    No, I wouldn't have.

But maybe same keyboard with a slightly taller screen...

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    10-21-14 07:40 PM
    10-21-14 07:43 PM
    That looks great!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    10-21-14 07:48 PM
    Now this is what I would have wanted, initially I thought this is how the current Passport was suppose to be like. Not getting rid of my z30 until a version like this comes out or whatever else BlackBerry has up their sleeves on the higher end device spectrum. Passport is not my cup of tea. But I love the All-Touch version ^_^
    thymaster likes this.
    10-21-14 07:52 PM
    I'm now quite comfortable with the Passport's keyboard, but I was initially sceptical on going back to a physical keyboard. I probably would have gone with an all-touch Passport myself.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-21-14 07:56 PM
    Have a Passport but bring out an all touch one and I'm there!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    NYTOC83 and bungaboy like this.
    10-21-14 07:58 PM
    Yes I would grab one.. I love my passport and great device, but also love my Z30.. Like each phone for different uses. If they come up with something like this, then I would not need a tablet anymore. Love the large screen for other uses..
    BACK-2-BLACK and NYTOC83 like this.
    10-21-14 08:08 PM
    Totally feel comfortable with PP now. Doubt I want to type on glass now.

Posted via the Blackberry Passport
    10-21-14 08:13 PM
    Will be coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 08:13 PM
    No, let's keep two aspect ratios.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-21-14 08:14 PM
    The form factor is horrible. Short length with wide width. I'll pass
    10-21-14 08:24 PM
    Will be coming soon.

Posted via CB10
    Care to elaborate?
    10-21-14 08:28 PM
    The form factor is horrible. Short length with wide width. I'll pass
    Lol. It already is sort if an ugly duckling.
    10-21-14 09:55 PM
    Although I am not big and probably type slower on the physical keyboard, I love the fact that the screen isnt half blocked by virtual keyboards and constantly having to drop it down. The square form aspect ratio works great for me for media and browsing.
    10-21-14 10:27 PM
    I was also wondering about this. I would buy it.

My thought was, what if the keyboard is on by default and can be collapsed - occupy the same area as the hard keys in current passport. This way most benefits of hard keys such as shortcuts can still be there.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.0.1154
    10-21-14 10:54 PM
    Tough call. I am definitely loving the wide screen right now. I guess I can get used to the on screen keyboard?

Does anyone type on screen keyboard without looking without too many inaccuracies?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:11 PM
    Or... What if it was all keyboard & no screen? Either way, it'd be better as is.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Deppe likes this.
    10-22-14 12:11 AM
    An all touch screen 4:3 aspect ratio, same size as the current passport would still be another innovative design idea because that would still make Blackberry the first to implement an all touch wide screen phone that isn't too long. I prefer keyboard myself but I sill love an all touch screen idea for those that prefer having a better media viewing experience.

That would also give Blackberry a signature look. More models with the passport shape can be an iconic symbol for the company. People would recognize that it's a Blackberry thing instantly.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-22-14 01:10 AM
    nope. I accept the width of the device precisely because of the physical keyboard but no one can say it's really practical holding it in your hand. For an all touch device i'll go with something narrower
    10-22-14 01:12 AM
    You know, I kept asking myself recently how it is that I am so comfortable with an All-Touch device now considering I started out using the Curve and like most other people, we all used the 9-digit buttons on the flips' to make a text. I have to agree with you, the phone is wonderful and everything. Let's say the "white" version ends up being the touch-type, I think many of us who still have a z10 and z30 would jump on board. Even 7 months from now if a new device resembles the Passport, it would still be fine. I just cannot for the life of me, go back to using an actual physical keyboard on a phone. There is something unusual about it, I've held the PP many times now, and it just doesn't feel "right" for me.

Yesterday on the TTC train, I saw this guy with the Q10? Pretty sure it was.. tall guy, business like, suave.. I thought to myself, why doesn't this guy have the Passport? It totally suits his personality and the way he is using the phone he has now. I think BlackBerry really has so many layers and branches it started out with years ago, and those branches defined a group of people in workplaces. When I use to work at RBC in 2006 most people had a BlackBerry, iPhone wasn't out yet. There is something to love about BlackBerry.. even yesterday morning on my way to University (York), a girl on the bus had a much earlier version of the Curve edition in white, I was going nuts in my mind wanting to introduce her to my z30 and sell it to her right there. I love how I feel about BlackBerry and how I can define myself with the phone I have. I think that's what most of us are doing once again, re-establishing ourselves with a device that represents a new workforce for a new generation in the world of BlackBerry.

Oh gosh... I totally went off the deep end... sorry guys, waiting for Tylenol to kick in... feverish -_- unless somehow any of that actually made sense then I'm all good ^_^
    BrandonQ10 likes this.
    10-22-14 01:24 AM
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat but I'm afraid it would not have created so much good hype as the Passport did
    10-22-14 02:06 AM
    I also posted a thread about developing an all touch passport. I would buy one in a minute if they could make it happen.
    10-22-14 03:28 AM
    Yesterday on the TTC train, I saw this guy with the Q10? Pretty sure it was.. tall guy, business like, suave.. I thought to myself, why doesn't this guy have the Passport? It totally suits his personality and the way he is using the phone he has now.
    Well, you never know. That guy might have been waiting for his Passport to finally arrive and is holding onto his Q10 until that happens. Like me. 😄
    10-22-14 05:19 AM
    Or... What if it was all keyboard & no screen? Either way, it'd be better as is.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    A Blackberry for the blind? With all sorts of haptic and voice feedback? I'm sure that would be cool.
    10-22-14 05:22 AM
62 123