If Google and Blackberry really are working as partners on security etc in launching the priv, it makes me wonder if the b10 UI could be coming to Android, at least the BlackBerry handsets. I am am not a fan of a UI slapped onto an OS like so many of the OEMs do, but if there is a true partnership here, perhaps that could be in the making.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 09:07 PM
    that's what BB is doing with their skin for the priv....its not going to be exact like bb10 but its close as they can get
    10-11-15 09:32 PM
    I haven't seen anything about that, but I was wondering. If Android was the OS but the look and feel was like bb10, I would be more interested. As it stands, I just got a replacement passport so I will have this for a while.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 09:42 PM
    If BlackBerry-Android devices will be sugar-coated with BB10 OS UI's that would probably do the trick of convincing BB10 OS loyalists to support BlackBerry-Android devices - as alternative to dying OS...

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:35 PM
    If Google and Blackberry really are working as partners on security etc in launching the priv, it makes me wonder if the b10 UI could be coming to Android, at least the BlackBerry handsets. I am am not a fan of a UI slapped onto an OS like so many of the OEMs do, but if there is a true partnership here, perhaps that could be in the making.

Posted via CB10
    It's up to BB to make that happen, not Google. BB creates a Skin over Android. Comparing the two, the screens that show Apps are screens with App icons so not much difference there, The screens that show Open App in BB is light years ahead of lollipops Cards which get stacked up upon each other and are literally lost in the shuffle- I never used it as it was a mess- I wasted time removing all the endless cards of which you cant really see behind. Then you have HUB vs Android notifications, Android Notifications is simply drop down bars which show you what came in, tapping an email notifications takes you gmail, a fb notification tap opens fb, yawn....
    If Android is so great a UI then why is there so much out there to customize the UI? The little android fanboz show off their custom start screen where the have pretty pictures, put the clock at top screen where yours is at bottom, with a weather scroll, oh so pretty. I've been to the land of Android and it sucks compared to BBOS10.
    10-12-15 03:57 AM
    If BlackBerry-Android devices will be sugar-coated with BB10 OS UI's that would probably do the trick of convincing BB10 OS loyalists to support BlackBerry-Android devices - as alternative to dying OS...

Posted via CB10
    ummmmm no.
    10-12-15 04:30 AM