I turned my location off and get very improved results.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    Yes, I do the same, I also keep 4G turned off when I don't need it.
    03-11-16 06:53 PM
    It's now in my hand! I can finally work on translation projects using my PP when I'm not on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    Same with me, because I'm also a translator, until I moved to Playbook because I can type way faster using its fabulous VKB in portrait mode. Saving me time and thumbs cramps. Lol. Still loving my OG Passport, though. Very much, so.
    03-11-16 09:19 PM
    Hi wasalph, I'm surprised, as most days I do more than the OP with my original Passport, and always have at least 30% battery life by the time I go to bed. Are you giving your Passport a decent battery re-charge (I charge mine overnight in Bedside Mode using the Sync Pod - it turns my Passport into an excellent bedside alarm clock)?.
    Yup every night it stays plugged in.
    And yes @gmr1987, turned off everything i dont need like bluetooth, nfc, location, logging,wireless connect via link and blend, etc. And force close all unneeded apps including amazon, blend, etc., and kept settings to the minimum like lowest brightness, fastest screen off, only 2G and 3G, email set to sync every 24hrs or 4hrs the fastest, set all apps to not run when minimize, etc.

If i dont use it for say 30mins the remaining time goes beyond 2days, but when i started using it started to drop. See pic attached... before i open crackberry and reply this, the remaining time shows 2days and x hrs, mid way of this reply it says 20hrs (screen shot), now its only 13hrs:

What I did on my Passport today.....-img_20160312_164820.png

What I did on my Passport today.....-img_20160312_165047.png

Wanna add that i use viber, bbm, emails, press reader, sms more than any other apps. Phone calls around 5-10mins total a day

BlackBerry Passport Black
    03-12-16 02:51 AM
    I support all you say. I am very sad that BlackBerry management does not fully realize the potential of this phone. I am not a keyboard fan. But really it's amazing what can be done and the potential is still untapped. I mean, make a passport 2, and give it a 'pro' status. It can easily replace a tablet and possibly a laptop for many applications. BlackBerry has really lost its vision in this domain. Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 03:00 AM
    I had my SE passport since Feb my first comeback for long time. Just got the S7 edge thinking yes this will be my daily! Driver. Wrong wrong I was gone back to my SE. That is saying something. By the way I have been using iphones for the past 4 years. I will keep the S7 for some online banking for which BlackBerry does not have the app for it and media.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 03:03 AM
    What potential did you have in mind. I can't think of a single thing it can't do - except the washing up.
    03-12-16 05:25 AM
    It makes me smile when people call it a phone. It is hardly that...

This is what I did today, on my Passport. This is a typical day in the life of....

Several text messages, using Assist voice to text when I was on the road.
    Did some recordings of interactions I'd, had using Parrot app.
    Conducted several phone calls - usually loudspeaker (and recorded using Remember or Parrot)
    Took several photos (work related) carefully focussing by using the green square to ensure clarity when edited using Photoshop later on
    Filled out some forms on line - tickboxed using the keyboard, spoke into comments bar using the Voice Assist mode or keyboard if I needed quiet.
    Attached the photos and audio files to the completed orms to upload to recipients.
    Phoned the recipients about what they would receive
    Emailed some contacts, using attachments.
    Compelted some notes - audio and written using the BB Remember app
    Did a few banking transactions using banking apps
    Used the Pro-Map app to check distances and plan another route for work
    Used Driving Route planner -in browser - to enter multiple stops
    Used Booking.com to book my hotels
    Transferred some video files to my Passport, using Blend
    Watched some work related videos on my Passport
    Read some documents using Reading mode - can see the text perfectly well
    Syncronised my Outlook calandar and contacts entries from my Desktop to PP, using Link (and USB cable)

Read the news paper on line and published some comments too.
    Games - usually a jigsaw.....or two....or three.... by Kristamix
    Listened to some music in my car, connecting by wireless/bluetooth

Set my alarm clock - on m Passport, of course.

In other words, I spent nearly all day glued to my PASSPORT.

Who the heck says that this is a phone????
    03-12-16 07:08 AM

This is what I did today, on my Passport. This is a typical day in the life of....

.... :
    A nice witness and story.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 08:06 AM
    Did that on my Priv today, will do it on my iphone 6S Plus tomorrow.
    03-12-16 08:43 AM
    Yup every night it stays plugged in.
    And yes @gmr1987, turned off everything i dont need like bluetooth, nfc, location, logging,wireless connect via link and blend, etc. And force close all unneeded apps including amazon, blend, etc., and kept settings to the minimum like lowest brightness, fastest screen off, only 2G and 3G, email set to sync every 24hrs or 4hrs the fastest, set all apps to not run when minimize, etc.

If i dont use it for say 30mins the remaining time goes beyond 2days, but when i started using it started to drop. See pic attached... before i open crackberry and reply this, the remaining time shows 2days and x hrs, mid way of this reply it says 20hrs (screen shot), now its only 13hrs:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160312_164820.png 
Views:	830 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	393940

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160312_165047.png 
Views:	830 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	393941

Wanna add that i use viber, bbm, emails, press reader, sms more than any other apps. Phone calls around 5-10mins total a day

Wasalph,
    Wow, that looks like terribly huge battery drain...
    At what actual time does the battery conk out completely?
    When other people here have had similar battery drain, the advice (from the techies) has been to re-install the OS - which, if it is the only solution, seems like masses of hassle....
    Is your Passport still in warranty? (I'm not sure where you live - and I know that US warranties are much shorter than European ones). If so, one option might be to get a new phone just in case you have a battery hardware problem.
    Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs - just have huge sympathy that one of the Passport's key benefits (eg massive battery life) isn't working for you.
    Good Luck!
    03-12-16 09:29 AM
    Is your Passport still in warranty? (I'm not sure where you live - and I know that US warranties are much shorter than European ones). If so, one option might be to get a new phone just in case you have a battery hardware problem.
    Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs - just have huge sympathy that one of the Passport's key benefits (eg massive battery life) isn't working for you.
    Good Luck!
    Im from Philippines, and warranty already expired. I wanted to do a wipe and redo everything from scratch, but wanted to really find out what really is wrong.

Does all ur pp gets hot when you are using data and surfing the net? Mine does, at least on the upper right side (back of front cam)

03-12-16 09:44 AM
    Im from Philippines, and warranty already expired. I wanted to do a wipe and redo everything from scratch, but wanted to really find out what really is wrong.

Does all ur pp gets hot when you are using data and surfing the net? Mine does, at least on the upper right side (back of front cam)

Do NOT wipe! Just directly autoloader it.
    03-12-16 10:16 AM
    Do NOT wipe! Just directly autoloader it.
    May i know whats the difference even if the firmware version is the same?

Sorry OP that we are getting out of topic

03-12-16 10:28 AM
    May i know whats the difference even if the firmware version is the same?

Sorry OP that we are getting out of topic

Many people experience the wiping process FOR DAYS. Literally. And then stuck at 99%.
    Directly autoloder it will not damage the device. And it will also work for the same firmware version.

Backup the data if you want, though. I personally use Ultimate Backup for BB10 from the Blackberry World. I'm not the maker, but it's THAT good I'm not ashamed of spreading the good word. Works every single time. No hassle.
    03-12-16 10:37 AM
    Same with me, because I'm also a translator, until I moved to Playbook because I can type way faster using its fabulous VKB in portrait mode. Saving me time and thumbs cramps. Lol. Still loving my OG Passport, though. Very much, so.
    Hahaha yeah I feel you. I'm using Google Translator Toolkit and it looks pretty small on my Passport. But it's still doable since it's impossible to do it on my Q10. My wife is suggesting me to use a tablet, but I'm not a typing-on-screen person. I always use a pkb device. I could use a notebook, though, but for simplicity reason I will always choose my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 06:05 PM

Mine very occasionally gets a little warm - but the only time this has happened is for a day just after a software update (eg the day when the battery life is appalling). My assumption, is that the warmth & battery drainage for this one day are caused by the OS re-indexing everything on the phone (eg I've got > 10,000 documents on the SD Card).
    03-12-16 06:29 PM
    Hahaha yeah I feel you. I'm using Google Translator Toolkit and it looks pretty small on my Passport. But it's still doable since it's impossible to do it on my Q10. My wife is suggesting me to use a tablet, but I'm not a typing-on-screen person. I always use a pkb device. I could use a notebook, though, but for simplicity reason I will always choose my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the tips about Google Translator Toolkit. It looks interesting. I'd take a look around.
    03-12-16 08:49 PM
    Thank you for the tips about Google Translator Toolkit. It looks interesting. I'd take a look around.
    It's a CAT tool if you are familiar with it. However, Google Translator Toolkit is a server based tool, so your works will be saved in the server where your clients can monitor them anytime they logged in with a credential.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 12:35 AM
    How come i cant do all of those with my passport??? Half way through the batt already drained

That's weird. You might want to check out the apps you have installed. I do way more than OP with my Passport and can count on one hand how many times I've dipped below 10% and only ever charge during night.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-16 07:31 AM
    Many people experience the wiping process FOR DAYS. Literally. And then stuck at 99%.
    Directly autoloder it will not damage the device. And it will also work for the same firmware version.

Backup the data if you want, though. I personally use Ultimate Backup for BB10 from the Blackberry World. I'm not the maker, but it's THAT good I'm not ashamed of spreading the good word. Works every single time. No hassle.
    Ok im sold with refreshing the OS, can anybody help give a link of the latest and best firmware autoloader for passport black SQW100-1

03-13-16 08:28 AM
    Use my SE for everything and those whom know me only say where's your computer for I do everything on it.

Unable to watch netflix during break dough

Silver Edition
    03-13-16 09:25 AM
    Would like to share mine as well today's.

Day started with 8am with 100% charge,

Checked my Whatsapp, BBM, and replyed to all and goes on whole time, I have 9groups in whatsapp and 2 on bbm :P, few notifications from facebook, LinkedIn then I went through CB which I everyday check,
    Few mins on bleacher report I am big fan of wwe Brock Lesnar ,

Have 2 email accounts and been receiving and replying all day. one swipe away and love the shortcut of 'N' which jumps you to your next mail

Not much of app crazy so few I have got, and yes meanwhile I have installed a game from Google play store 'Mortal Kombat X' very addicted to this game and huge battery drainer as well

Not much of music lover yet I have my old and new collections .

By end of 9pm I still have left about 20/25% of battery.

Passport is a beast

Just an example of how heavy I use

Attachment 394165

Attachment 394166
    03-14-16 08:57 AM

Several text messages, using Assist voice to text when I was on the road.
    Did some recordings of interactions I'd, had using Parrot app.
    Conducted several phone calls - usually loudspeaker (and recorded using Remember or Parrot)
    Took several photos (work related) carefully focussing by using the green square to ensure clarity when edited using Photoshop later on
    Filled out some forms on line - tickboxed using the keyboard, spoke into comments bar using the Voice Assist mode or keyboard if I needed quiet.
    Attached the photos and audio files to the completed orms to upload to recipients.
    Phoned the recipients about what they would receive
    Emailed some contacts, using attachments.
    Compelted some notes - audio and written using the BB Remember app
    Did a few banking transactions using banking apps
    Used the Pro-Map app to check distances and plan another route for work
    Used Driving Route planner -in browser - to enter multiple stops
    Used Booking.com to book my hotels
    Transferred some video files to my Passport, using Blend
    Watched some work related videos on my Passport
    Read some documents using Reading mode - can see the text perfectly well
    Syncronised my Outlook calandar and contacts entries from my Desktop to PP, using Link (and USB cable)

Read the news paper on line and published some comments too.
    Games - usually a jigsaw.....or two....or three.... by Kristamix
    Listened to some music in my car, connecting by wireless/bluetooth

Set my alarm clock - on m Passport, of course.

In other words, I spent nearly all day glued to my PASSPORT.

Who the heck says that this is a phone????
    Listening to audiobook American sniper right now before passport I never knew I loved audiobook. The app play-a-book is great!!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:12 AM
    Glad that now we're in the 21st century you've graduated from using a quill and tablet (not the modern iPad sort). Before you started to drag yourself into the 20th century, and sent messages using envelopes and a stamp to shove through a street postbox, I assumed you'd sent your messages via horseback written on a scroll secured with a hot wax seal?
    03-28-16 11:02 AM
    I couldn't help but chuckle when I read this... (well most of it, the OP is way too long)...

I spent the day collaborating with my colleagues, face to face, in real time. The audio attachments were words that came out of our input/output devices, known in the analog world as a "mouth." The audio was wrapped in a native language called "English" We took notes on a medium derived from pulp known as paper, my input device, has never needed to be recharged, and this pen, that outputs analog ink, has lasted well over 5 years now.

At some point we need to get our heads out of our palms and communicate as human beings, or you too will be obsolete like your BlackBerry so so proudly deem as your saviour.
    Glad that now we're in the 21st century you've graduated from using a quill and tablet (not the modern iPad sort). Before you started to drag yourself into the 20th century, and sent messages using envelopes and a stamp to shove through a street postbox, I assumed you'd sent your messages via horseback written on a scroll secured with a hot wax seal?
    03-28-16 11:08 AM
69 123